The Plague of Spiritual Blindness
• In our text we learn that people are blinded
because they did not believe Christ’s gospel.
• The lack of belief in Christ is a plague that
will harm people with blindness to the truth
and prevent them from being saved.
2 Thes. 2:10; John 3:18
• God wants the light of the gospel to shine in
your hearts. Cf. Acts 26:18
– To give us the light of the knowledge of the
glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
The Veiling of the Gospel
• When the gospel is hidden or kept
from people they will be spiritually lost
(perishing). 2 Cor. 4:3-4
• As God’s people we have renounced
the hidden things of shame.
– Not to walk in craftiness… Eph. 4:14
– Not handling God’s word deceitfully
2 Timothy 4:3-4
– But we must make known the truth!
2 Timothy 4:2-5; 2 Cor. 2:14-17
Blinded Minds Come From…
• Following desires more than truth.
–Their deeds and desires are evil!
–They want preaching according to
their own desires. 2 Timothy 4:3-4
–Living according to their sinful worldly
desires... Ephesians 2:2-3
Religious Blinded Minds Come By...
• Self-righteousness and lack of the truth!
–Because they were ignorant of God’s
righteousness, they sought their own.
–Scribes & Pharisees… Mt. 23:16-25
–The Laodiceans… Revelation 3:17-19
What the Spiritually Blind Do:
• They place burdens which God did not
require. Mt. 15:1-20; Acts 15:10
• They remove burdens God did require.
Revelation 2:20-24; Acts 21:25
• They cause others to fall into a ditch along
with themselves. Mt. 15:14
•Therefore we must preach Christ’s gospel
and let His light shine into their hearts that
they may see. Acts 26:18; Romans 1:16-17
•We must hear and obey Jesus the light of the
world to be saved. Mt. 17:5; Heb. 5:9
•Hear and believe His gospel. Rom. 10:17
•Repent of sin. Acts 2:38
•Confess Christ. Acts 8:37
•Baptism for remission of sins. Acts 22:16
•Live a faithful life. Revelation 2:10