• In this Psalm we can learn much about the
Lord and His dealings with His people.
• It is encouraging to examine the word of God
and see if we have tasted and seen that the
Lord is good to His own.
• As we study, let us seek to develop the heart,
the good character and deeds, and share in
the great life that God has called to live.
• Let us also examine ourselves to see if we are
living like the blessed generation should live
according to God’s word.
Happiness Comes From….
• Do you want happiness?
• In Psalm 112:1 we see that we should praise
the LORD and fear Him and delight greatly in
His commandments! Do you do this?
– We will be blessed (happy) if we do!
• We learn how to get happiness in this verse.
– Praise & Fear God, and Delight Greatly in
God Shall Be With His Seed…
• Psalm 112:2 says, “His seed shall be mighty
upon earth: the generation of the upright shall
• God will see to it that His people will be given
strength to live. Philippians 4:19
• His people are defined as upright (righteous).
1 Jn. 3:7; Psalm 106:3; 14:5
• Are you living upright in God’s sight?
Deut. 12:28; Num. 32:13
We Shall Be Blessed By God.
• Psalm 112:3 “Wealth and riches shall be in
his house: and his righteousness endureth for
• God will bless His own with what they need.
– Our responsibility is seeking and keeping His
kingdom and righteousness as first priority.
• And as a result we will endure forever.
1 John 2:15-17
The Lord God Will Help Us…
• Psalm 112:4 “Unto the upright there ariseth
light in the darkness: He is gracious, and full of
compassion, and righteous.”
• God’s people will suffer hardships and trials
but there will be light in the end. James 5:10-11
• The Lord will deliver us through our “darkness”!
2 Peter 2:5-9; Genesis 50:17-21; 39:1-4
• The Almighty God is with us! Hebrews 13:5
God’s People Are Remembered…
• Psalm 112:5-8
• Because they are gracious and lend and use
good judgment. Luke 6:35
• Because they are fixed on trusting in the Lord.
• Because they give to the poor. Acts 20:35
• We must strive to become as these righteous
people not afraid of enemies but knowing God
will deal with them in due time. Romans 12:19
We Must Overcome Evil
• Psalm 112:9-10
• We can do this by living the right life in God’s
family! Romans 12:21
• By being like God in our ways…
1 Peter 1:13-17
• By letting our light shine, we upset the wicked
and they become weak. Matthew 5:14-16
Are You A Part Of
The Blessed Generation?
• God’s want you to be in His family, the
household (family) of God, the church.
1 Tim. 3:15; Acts 2:47; 1 Timothy 2:4
• Come to Jesus today and be saved!
– By Hearing and believing the gospel. Rom. 1:16-17
– By repenting of your sins. Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38
– By Confessing Christ. Acts 8:37
– By being baptized into Christ for the forgiveness of
your sins. Acts 22:16
– Then, be faithful to God. Revelation 2:10
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.