www.wheretobuychi.com How To Spot A Fake CHI Flat Iron
1. Look At The Plug Take a look at the cord and plug. A real Chi iron will have a 3 pronged plug with a reset button. If your CHI only has 2 prongs then unfortunately, you probably have a fake. There are a couple of CHI irons that only have 2 prongs, but most of them have 3.
2. Look For Stickers Look for any stickers on the CHI iron. Authentic Chi’s do not have any stickers. Sometimes the fakes have a silver looking sticker next to the on/off switch. In addition, take a close look at the logos, if they look weird or off-center then you probably have a knockoff.
3. Look For Wattage Info. Next, look at the handle and make sure that there is electrical information (wattage) embedded in the handle. All authentic CHI irons have this information embedded in the handle.
4. Look Inside The Manual Take a look at the manual. Inside there should be a legitimate customer service telephone number that you can call for support. This is probably the best way to determine if your CHI is fake or not. All you have to do is call the customer support number and give them the model number on your product. They will quickly be able to tell you if your CHI flat iron is authentic or not.
5. Look At LED Light If you still aren’t sure, look at the LED light on the iron. When the iron is off, the LED light should be a clear color rather than red. The fake irons have a cheap LED light that is red in both the on and off position.
6. Look For Embedded Information Finally, check to see if there is any information embedded in the handle near the on/off switch. The real CHI irons will have this information and the knockoffs typically will not, or they will have a sticker instead.
www.wheretobuychi.com For more information and the best places to buy authentic Chi products at affordable prices, please visit our site www.wheretobuychi.com