• Editorial calendars
• Content creation as a process
• Content types
• Content assets/audits
• Content channel planning
HOW DOES ALL OF THIS
Content platforms are
predominantly follow a hub and
spoke model. Why?
What does it mean to not build
first on „rented land‟ when
looking at content marketing?
Do you agree?
Important aspect of content marketing generally and social
media content marketing in particular…
Must consider each channel in light of:
1. The persona
2. Content goals
3. Primary content type (visual, written etc)
4. Structure/story board over time
6. Integration with other channels
7. Desired action
8. Editorial planning (back to that pesky editorial calendar!)
A closer look…
Maps content to audiences and engagement cycles
Organizes content strategy into actionable steps (tactics)
Guides editorial style (big picture thinking)
Why use one?
What are the benefits?
What should be captures?
What is content based
Who builds it?
Who reviews what is done?
Who manages the overall
Can wear many hats…
What are the ethical
considerations related to
content creation and
production for the purposes
Online/Social media press
• Public speaking events
• Branded content (social
media cites, web pages
• Online games
• Online surveys
• Discussions forums
CONTENT ASSETS & AUDITING
• Evolve over time
• Some are important at one stage and become obsolete at
• First step of managing content is understanding what‟s
out there and keeping track. Why is this important?
• Do an quick content audit for Zappos.
• Constant content review, analysis, tracking and measuring
Evaluate for the following:
1. Useful and Relevant (to the audience/customer)
2. Clear and accurate (well written, correct, current)
3. Influential (Can/does it provoke engagement?)
4. Findable/discoverable (SEO)?
5. Branded consistently
6. Maps to business priorities
Also consider „functional‟ analysis (does content „work? Are
links dead? Are pages using old HTML/flash and not loading?
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.