September 5, 1911~The Harrison County School Board named Perkinston as the site of the new AHS.
June 4, 1912~ Professor James Andrew Huff named first principal of Harrison County Agricultural High School.
September, 1912~ First school “Announcement” Posted.
September 17, 1912~Thirty-nine boys and 24 girls began classes for the first time at Perkinston. Only one building (later called Huff Hall) stood on Perk Hill.
April 1, 1915~ The institution’s first girls’ dorm (later called Stone Hall) opened.
June 6, 1917~ Professor Claude J. Bennett named principal of Harrison County Agricultural High School.
September, 1919 ~ William Albert “Ship Island” Frantzen (of Norway) becomes the institution’s first foreign student.
September, 1920~ John Jefferson Dawsey named principal of Harrison County Agricultural High School.
Fall, 1921~ Thomas Ira Cook named principal of Harrison County Agricultural High School.
June 1922~ J. H. Forbis named principal of Harrison County Agricultural High School.
July 1, 1922 ~Ernest Bert Colmer began his long career as the agriculture teacher.
June, 1924 ~ Newly appointed Harrison-Stone AHS Superintendent Jefferson Lee Denson took the helm determined to add a junior college to the AHS.
May 20, 1927~ Hersel McDaniel became the first graduate of HSJJC.
Fall, 1927~ The football Bulldogs won their first state championship.
August, 1934~ Robert Harmon Longmire was hired as the school’s first band director. That fall, Perk fielded its first uniformed band.
January 15, 1937~ Phi Theta Kappa Gamma Nu Chapter was chartered at Perkinston.
November 19, 1938~ For the first time, the appellation “Homecoming Queen and Court” was used to designate the royal ladies of the gridiron.
Fall, 1941~ Albert Louis May replaced Cooper Darby and became the first CEO of the institution to be termed “president.”
March 6, 1949~ The War Memorial Chapel was dedicated.
Fall, 1952~ Prof. Sam Jones fielded his first women’s drill team, which he dubbed “Perkettes.”
July 8, 1953~ J.J. Hayden Jr. became president.
November, 1954~ The drama students of Perkinston took the name “Perk Players.”
October 13, 1956~ The first Sam Owen Trophy was awarded to C. E. “Gene” Dees.
1964~ Groundbreaking ceremonies held for the Jackson County and Jefferson Davis Campuses.
1965~ Classes began at the Jackson County and Jefferson Davis Campuses.
1966~ Triple-Crown Year: State championships in baseball (Curly Farris, coach), basketball (Bob Weathers, coach) and football (George Sekul, coach).
November 1, 1970~ The Alumni Hall of Fame began with induction of Fred Haise at Homecoming.
Fall, 1971~ George Sekul’s Bulldog football team won the National Junior College Athletic Association National Championship.
April 30, 1971~ First Instructor of the Year award presented to Guy D. Moffett, Perkinston Campus science instructor.
Spring, 1972~ Sue Ross’ basketball team won the National AIAW championship.
March 4, 1973~ Mississippi Governor Bill Waller dedicated the George County Occupational Training Center in Lucedale.
June 4, 1973~ Classes began at Keesler Center.
August, 1974~ Andrews Hall became Mississippi’s first structure at a previously all-white institution to be named for an African American. Thelma Andrews was the head cook at the Perkinston Campus.
Fall, 1983~ The MGCJC band became known as the Band of Gold to signify the “marriage” of the three campuses’ band students into a unified organization.
Fall, 1984 - George Sekul’s Bulldog football team won the National Junior College Athletic Association National Championship.
July, 1985 - Classes began at West Harrison County Occupational Training Center.
January 1, 1986~ Dr. Barry Lee Mellinger became MGCJC president.
May 22, 1991~ Classes began at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Applied Technology and Development Center (later the Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center).
October 21, 1995~ Special Archives exhibit commemorated Gold Star students and faculty on the 50th anniversary of the end of World War II.
July 1, 1996~ TheCommunity Campus, the “campus without walls,” began operations.
August, 1998~ Dr. Willis H. Lott became MGCCC President.
October 28, 1999~ Athletic Hall of Fame began with 15 inductees.
April, 2000~ MGCCC President Willis H. Lott launched Strategic Plan 2000.
2001~ Pat and Gregg Descher donated Mac, the English Bulldog, as the college mascot.