This company is seeking a Field Service Technician I, for our Field Service Department in our Yuma office. Below please find a brief description of the
essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
To install, maintain and repair residential equipment and services located between the distribution point (i.e., tap) and the customers’ equipment.
• Install and disconnect residential Video, Data and Voice services.
• Perform underground and aerial cable service installations and disconnects.
• Configure coaxial drop system to meet company installation standards.
• Analyze, maintain and repair residential coaxial drop system. Analyze, maintain and repair residential phone wiring.
• Analyze, maintain and repair company residential data network equipment and service.
• Install customer premise equipment.
• Educate customers about company’s products and services.
• Perform personal computer software configurations. Identifies defective customer equipment.
• Communicate routine demand plant maintenance and demand construction referrals.
• May be required to perform on-call duty during non-business hours.
• Presents service upgrade opportunities to customers.
• Previous cable/telecommunications experience preferred.
• Electronics course work preferred. Computer networking course work preferred. L&D Skills Certification
• Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License and safe driving record.
• Successful completion of company Field Technician training program.
• Must possess and apply relevant knowledge of OSHA, General Orders 95 and l28 rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of basic electronic theory as it relates to essential duties. Relevant knowledge of personal computer hardware and software.
• Ability to utilize software (i.e., ping tool) to analyze network connectivity. Ability to analyze and troubleshoot cable equipment and wiring,
• Ability to use signal level meter and various test equipment to perform essential duties.
• Ability to use various electronic devices to communicate between service location and office.
• Ability to read installation directions and work aides. Ability to perform mathematical calculations to meet company signal level standards at
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers.
How to apply:
Obtain a referral card from the Career Center, address and phone number below. Then you will be given instructions on how to submit your
3826 W. 16th Street • 928-329-0990 • Fax: 928-782-9558TTY (928) 329-6466 • www.ypic.com
YPIC is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
YPIC es un empleador que ofrece Igualdad De Oportunidades /Programas Se le Haran Disponible Cuando Solicite Ayuda Auxiliar Y Servicios
Adicionales Para Personas Con Incapacidades.