1. The Back of the Napkin: Solving Problems and Selling Ideas with Pictures April 6, 2010
2. About Dan Roam Dan Roam discovered the power of pictures as a business problem-solving tool in the 1990's when he founded the first marketing communications company in what was then the Soviet Union. With no Russian language skills, Roam quickly realized that his business pictures transcended the language barrier. Since that eye-opening experience, Roam has been fine-tuning the visual thinking tools he introduces in his book The Back of the Napkin. Roam and his whiteboard have been featured on CNN, MSNBC, ABC News, Fox News, and NPR. And he has helped leaders at many organizations solve complex problems through visual thinking including Microsoft, eBay, Google, Wal-Mart, Boeing, Lucas Film, Gap, Kraft, Stanford University, The MIT Sloan School of Management, the US Navy, and the United States Senate. Roam’s The Back of the Napkin is an international bestseller, BusinessWeek and Fast Company's best innovation book of the year, and Amazon's #5 selling business book. It has been published in 25 languages and is a bestseller in Japan, South Korea, and China.
7. Brand You Start right now: as of this moment you’re going to think of yourself differently! You’re not an employee. You’re not a staffer. You’re not a worker or a human resource. In fact, you don’t below to a company and your chief affiliation isn’t to a particular function. You’re not defined by your job title and you’re not confined by your job description. Starting today you are a brand. You’re every bit as much a brand as Nike, Coke, Pepsi, or Google. To start thinking like your own favorite brand manager, ask yourself the same question that brand managers at Nike, Coke, Pepsi, and Google ask themselves: What makes my product or service different? Then draw your answer. Adapted from Tom Peters
8. Frequently Asked Questions Do I need to subscribe to the BBC? How do I subscribe? Yes, we would like to get to know you! To subscribe, visit our website and click on “Business Book Club.” When is the next session? The next session will be September 21 st . The book will be Churchill on Leadership by Steven F. Hayward. Where can I order books? You can find each book on our website. Your purchases are processed through Amazon.com. How can I recommend a book for the BBC? We always love new ideas! Please let us know your suggestions. If you are an author, please submit a review copy for consideration. What does The Meyvn Group do? The Meyvn Group is an organizational development advisory firm. We specialize in human resources consulting, training & development and business coaching. Please visit our website to learn more. How can I contact you with additional questions? Contact us by phone at (515) 299-0983 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit us online at www.meyvngroup.com
9. $100 OFF! Use this coupon to receive $100 off one (1) seat in our signature program Leaders to Go! Offer is valid for May 4-5 class only . To redeem this limited time offer, visit our registration page and enter “L2G4ME” in the comments box. <ul><li>Not Your Typical Leadership Program </li></ul><ul><li>A Learning Laboratory for Business Leaders </li></ul><ul><li>This one-of-a-kind program immerses participants in a series of activities that allow them to: </li></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Learn the essential qualities of effective leaders </li></ul></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Discover a model for developing others </li></ul></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Establish expectations and create accountability </li></ul></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Build high performance leaders, teams, and organizations </li></ul></ul></ul></ul><ul><li>Who will be there? Managers, directors, administrators, department heads, vice presidents, and owners. Business professionals – just like you! </li></ul><ul><li>May 4th & 5th </li></ul><ul><li>To learn more about this program and to register, visit our website: www.meyvngroup.com </li></ul>