1. INTRODUCTION The Olympic Games; held once very four years, are coming up in London 2012 and are being kicked off on July 27th in Wembley. There will be over 300 sporting events and millions of people will come from all over the world to watch, participate and support their country in them. We hope you enjoy our next few slides and take note of the information in them as there will be a quiz at the end…
2. OUR OLYMPIC VILLAGE We designed an Olympic village for the Olympians to stay in. We tried to think of all the elements we needed to include in order for the village to be suitable for: - Different faiths - Different hobbies - Different sportsmen/women - Different cultures - Sufficient entertainment - Sufficient leisure
3. EVENTS IN THE SUMMER OLYMPICS Some sports and events that are in the summer Olympics: Basketball, Badminton, Baseball, Archery, Beach volleyball, Boxing, Cycling, Diving, Equestrian, Fencing, Field hockey, Water polo, Judo, Mountain biking, Rowing, Sailing, Shooting, Football, Softball, Swimming, Wrestling , Table tennis, Tennis, Track and field, Volleyball, Gymnastics, Weightlifting, Synchronized swimming.
4. FACTS No country in the Southern Hemisphere has ever hosted a Winter Olympic Games. - A record 202 countries participated in the 2004 Olympic Summer Games in Athens. - Norway has won the most medals (263!) at the Winter Olympic Games. - Usain Bolt won 3 gold medals in the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. - Kelly Holmes won her first gold medals in the 2004 Athens Games for 800m and 1500m. - London has hosted the Olympics twice before in 1908 and 1948
5. QUIZWhat date are the games starting this year?How many Gold medals did Usain Bolt win in the 2008 Olympics?What was one of the years that London has previously hosted the Olympics?How many medals has Norway won at the Winter Olympics?Name 3 Olympic sports/events beginning with B.
6. ANSWERS1) 27th July 20122) 3 gold medals3) 1908 OR 19484) 2635) Basketball, Badminton and Baseball
7. THANK YOU FOR WATCHING OUR PRESENTATION! 