by Mervi Jansson
Please click if
Teaching ain’t what it used to be!
And it travels light!
Kuvat: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30894945@N04/sets/72157613235181719/ , 3GStore.de/flickr
We are not experiencing information
overload, we are experiencing
filter failure. Clay Shirky
Outside of your comfort zone?
First things first. Let go of your
futile urge to control!
There is a lot of learning going on
Once you get the hang of it,
there is no going back!
It’s about having skills for
lifelong learning, being able to
work in teams regardless of
socialising in networks,
being an active citizen,…
…having a presence
in the world, real and
virtual, today and
You can cater to the world or pick a niche.
• MOOC = Massive Open Online Course.
• Case PLENK2010 personal learning environments,
networks and knowledge.
• Sponsored and organized by the Technology Enhanced
Knowledge Research Institute (TEKRI) at Athabasca
• 1748 participants.
• Course delivery: course wiki, daily newsletter, readings
and resources, moodle discussion forum, Twitter
hashtag, Facebook group, Elluminate sessions and
numerous blogs .
Loyalist College in Second Life
• Customs and Immigration students at Loyalist
College used to spend three weeks tailing
professional border guards. After 911 this was
no longer possible.
• Training suffered until Loyalist College catalyzed
a virtual border crossing simulation in Second
• This led to significantly improved grades,taking
scores from a 56% success in 2007, to 95% at
the end of 2008 after the simulation was