The International Labor Organization (ILO) has estimated that 250 million children between the ages of five and fourteen work in developing countries. 61% in Asia, 32% in Africa and 7% in Latin America. Many of these children are forced to work.
Top 10 Worst Sweatshop Abusing Companies
1) Primark – Cheap clothes from cheap labour.
2) Topshop – They’ve done it before they’ll do it again…
3) Asda/Walmart - Slave drivers of
China & Bangladesh…
4) Tesco – Every little help, except in sweatshops…
5) Nike – Nasty old Nike, always exploiting their workers.
6) Adidas – Sweatshop made, Olympics specials…
7) Disney – Magic for some, hell for others…
8) Burberry – Off to China for cheap workforce & fat profits
9) Starbucks – Crap coffee, crap employers
10) Planet Earth Inc – Sweatshop labour across the globe…
What do workers want?
Better future • Their rights
How can we end sweatshops?
• Monitoring independently
• Pay their wage
What can we do?
What can we do? Join actions :Actions can have great results!!