2. Look for this logo to check out what we liked: !
3. ‘ Best Mobile Music Service ’ Nominees
4. ‘ Best Mobile Music Service’ Nominee Company: Quickplay Media Application: Sirius XM Radio for Apple iPhone Summary: The application enables users to listen to some of the sport, talk-show, comedy and music radio channels. <ul><li>These channels include; Oprah Radio, MLB Home Plate, NFL Radio, NHL Home Ice, Mad Dog Radio, The Foxxhole comedy channel, and NPR. </li></ul><ul><li>Absence of some of the popular channels is a problem. Despite no formal declaration, it is said that the reason for this is related to mobile content rights. </li></ul><ul><li>The application can be used for 7 days in trial. Monthly subscription is $3. </li></ul>
5. ‘ Best Mobile Music Service’ Nominee Company: Aircel Limited Application: Aircel Unlimited DialerTunes Summary: Dialer Tune Card gives users the freedom to change songs, without having to worry about additional charges for song change. After recharging with this card, users can change unlimited songs until your validity expires.
6. ‘ Best Mobile Music Service’ Nominee Company: CSL Limited Application: Musicholic <ul><li>Users can also listen to their idol’s playlists. </li></ul>Summary: Users can download and stream hit songs and MVs as lightning speed with the mobile phone or PC, get new songs updated daily, create personal playlist and share with their friends.
7. ‘ Best Mobile Music Service’ Nominee Company: Odyssey Entertainment Ltd. Application: Deezer Summary: Deezer is a free and unlimited track platform without any copyright problems.
8. ‘ Best Mobile Music Service’ Nominee Company: Shazam Entertainment Ltd. Application: Shazam Encore Summary: Shazam Encore was published with extensive features in addition to Shazam iPhone application. <ul><li>Improved speed performance: making it even quicker for users to tag tracks and learn more about their music. </li></ul><ul><li>Music recommendations: users can discover other music similar to the track that’s been tagged to enhance their music collection and knowledge. </li></ul><ul><li>Find what’s hot and popular: Shazam music charts generated by millions of other Shazamers can be accessed to help users keep up to date with the new tracks and players in the music scene. </li></ul><ul><li>Search music: easily find music by artist, album or track from over 8 million songs. </li></ul><ul><li>Drive and tag: Shazam automatically enters into car mode when the iPhone is placed in an in-car dock to make it simple to discover what’s playing on radio even when driving. </li></ul>
9. ‘ Best Mobile Music Service’ Nominee Company: Singapore Telecom Mobile Application: SingTel AMPed Summary: Extensive track search application <ul><li>About AMPed: </li></ul><ul><li>Unlimited music </li></ul><ul><li>No data charges for browsing & music downloads </li></ul><ul><li>Songs to own and share </li></ul><ul><li>Free music videos </li></ul><ul><li>Exclusive pre-album releases </li></ul><ul><li>Latest news and gossip </li></ul><ul><li>Meet the stars </li></ul><ul><li>Synchronize your music on mobile & PC </li></ul>
10. ‘ Best Mobile TV or Video Service’ Nominees
11. ‘ Best Mobile TV or Video Service’ Nominee Company: Orange France Application: Orange Mobile TV High Definition Content Summary: Mobile TV service with high definition <ul><li>Orange Mobile TV is created primarily for only iPhone and contains 64 channels. Among these, 20 of them are free for the users who bought an iPhone for monthly price of €42. Users have to pay an extra €9 per month to watch all other channels. </li></ul><ul><li>The company is negotiating with Nokia and RIM (a company of Blackberry) to enable this application in different platforms. </li></ul>
12. ‘ Best Mobile TV or Video Service’ Nominee Company: Mobiclip Inc. Application: France 24 Live Summary: The application enables users to watch ‘France 24’ live in mobile. <ul><li>Application can be downloaded free from the France 24 web site. </li></ul><ul><li>Available in three languages; French, English and Arabic. </li></ul>
13. ‘ Best Mobile TV or Video Service’ Nominee Company: Dori Media Group Application: Megudalim (uMan) – the first control game Summary: An interactive game developed for digital platforms. <ul><li>The 24/7 show sees eight contestants confined to a "lab" for 21 days, during which time their every move is controlled by viewers from what they eat, drink, even whether they sleep or not according to outcome of voting. The contestants are eliminated by user votes and the last contestant is announced as the winner. </li></ul><ul><li>Campaign lasted 21 days. 7 million votes were recorded, 700.000 unique visitors visited the web site and spent an average of 12 minutes in the web site. </li></ul>
14. ‘ Best Mobile TV or Video Service’ Nominee Company: CBS Mobile Application: TV.com Summary: Application provides access for the users to watch CBS TV shows (news, sport, radio etc.) via iPhone or iPod Touch. <ul><li>CBC used TV.com in this mobile application which was purchase by CBC in 2008. </li></ul><ul><li>The service is available for Edge, Wi-Fi and 3G connections. </li></ul><ul><li>It is the first application which broadcasts directly to users from a TV studio in the US. </li></ul><ul><li>The content of the previous TV shows is limited now. The majority of the content includes clips, promos and interviews. However, some episodes of some of the TV shows can also be viewed. </li></ul>
15. ‘ Best Mobile TV or Video Service’ Nominee Company: MobiTV Inc. Application: MobiTV Summary: The application enables users to watch more than 35 channels including NBC, Fox News, ESPN & TLC via mobile phone with $10 monthly subsciption.
16. ‘ Best Mobile TV or Video Service’ Nominee Company: Telegent Systems Application: Telegent Free-to-Air Mobile TV-TLG1120 Mobile TV Receiver <ul><li>Telegent achieved a technology breakthrough that allows it to deliver the picture quality, battery life, and high-speed mobility required to provide a high quality of experience to the consumer, all on a single chip, for both free-to-air and digital standards. </li></ul>Summary: Free-to-air mobile TV provides consumers with mobile access to the free, live programming that they already view and enjoy on their television sets at home.
17. ‘ Best Mobile Advertising or Marketing’ Nominees
18. ‘ Best Mobile Advertising or Marketing’ Nominee Company: 2ergo Ltd Application: Rightmove.co.uk’s iPhone App Summary: Application in which users can search for properties by entering zip code or LBS on their mobile launched in June. <ul><li>The images and location information (supported with map) of more than 850.000 properties in UK can be examined by users. Enables real estate agents to contact users regarding properties. </li></ul>
19. ‘ Best Mobile Advertising or Marketing’ Nominee Company: Adidas Application: Adidas Urban Art Guide Summary: The iPhone extension of Adidas’ Urban Art Guide outdoor campaign <ul><li>Urban Art Guide is an Adidas campaign where graffitis from the streets of Berlin are exhibited. Users could see the locations of the Urban Art pieces on Google map. (Free download.) </li></ul><ul><li>Additional features: </li></ul><ul><li>The users could choose “Show me the closest graffiti" to see the piece that was closest to him/her. </li></ul><ul><li>Application could draw an Urban Art route for the surrounding area with the “Tour Guide” option. </li></ul><ul><li>Information about the graffiti artists and their pieces </li></ul><ul><li>Voting and Comment systems </li></ul><ul><li>* A similar application is also planned to be implemented in some other cities. </li></ul>
20. ‘ Best Mobile Advertising or Marketing’ Nominee Company: Fox Mobile Group Application: Brainstorm Summary: 8 episode comedy series which was displayed in mobile and online platforms <ul><li>It is indicated that this is the first entertaining project of Fox Mobile Group. </li></ul>
21. ‘ Best Mobile Advertising or Marketing’ Nominee Company: Cherrypicks Application: Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) 360 0 Mobile Marketing Campaign Summary: Targeting activities of HKTDC’s mobile marketing campaign <ul><ul><li>Messages were sent in specific locations using LBS. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Messages were sent to previously determined roamers of 30 countries who were travelling in Hong Kong at the time. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Users with corporate phone accounts and high-end mobile devices like blackberry were targeted. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Fashion related video clips were sent to people attending Hong Kong Fashion Week via MMS. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Wap banners were displayed in on-portal news and finance pages. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Targeted users could register for the trade show via shortcode. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Applications were produced for smartphones. </li></ul></ul><ul><li>The HTKTC is a trade show which has been organized since 1966 in Hong Kong. The objective of HKTDC is to make Hong Kong a business platform for China and other Asian countries. The mobile page that was created for this campaign got 500.000 page view and 13.000 pre-registration applications. </li></ul><ul><li>The Mobile Marketing Campaign included the following; </li></ul>
22. ‘ Best Mobile Advertising or Marketing’ Nominee Company: CLANMO GmbH Application: Ikea PS Einrichtugskamera (The Ikea PS Interior-Design-Planner) Summary: A visual application for Ikea. <ul><li>The first ever application about internal design. </li></ul><ul><li>Users can see how Ikea’s PS Collection fits in their house by using this application. </li></ul><ul><li>Integrated camera was utilized. </li></ul>
23. ‘ Best Mobile Advertising or Marketing’ Nominee Company: Smart Communications and Unilever Application: AXE for ‘AXE on Phone’ Summary: A campaign to reach men in the Philippines <ul><li>Participants called the advertising character Lexi to answer her questions in order to win one of the 50 iPhones. </li></ul><ul><li>Lexi gave a code to the ones who gave right answers to all her questions. </li></ul><ul><li>The participants sent this code via AxeOnPhone.com and participated in the draw. </li></ul>
24. ‘ Best Mobile Location Based Advertising Campaign’ Nominees
25. ‘ Best Mobile Location Based Advertising Campaign’ Nominee Company: Rabarba İletişim Hizmetleri AŞ Application: The Woman Who Knows Everything (Herşeyi Bilen Kadın) Summary: The Woman Who Knows Everything guesses what object you have in mind with a series of question. The application uses an artificial intelligence technology. <ul><li>The campaign was created for Lipton. </li></ul><ul><li>The promotion ran as an extention of this campaign. Consumers that texted the code on the Lipton packages were given approx. 7.5 minutes and received a call from The Woman Who Knows Everything. </li></ul><ul><li>The consumers who wanted her to guess their location pressed a button on their mobile and received a message right after that with their current location information. </li></ul>
26. ‘ Best Mobile Location Based Advertising Campaign’ Nominee Company: R/GA Application: Nokia vine Summary: Nokia vine is a marketing campaign that puts GPS, camera and media player features together from Nseries and enables users to tag the favourite tracks, videos and photos at a specific location in order to share them with others. <ul><li>LBS is used to tag the content in the application in order to tag the location information matched to the song that was listened to or photo that was taken in that location. Information that was uploaded could be shared with people all over the world. </li></ul><ul><li>Campaign was lauched in several countries. </li></ul>
27. ‘ Best Mobile Internet Service’ Nominees
28. ‘ Best Mobile Internet Service’ Nominee Company: Aircel Limited Application: Aircel Pocket Internet (PI for short) Summary: Aircel Pocket Internet Card was created by Aircel targeting youth groups interested in social networking sites supplying an unlimited mobile internet connection. <ul><li>Price of the 3 day unlimited mobile internet package: 14 Rs.; Price of the monthly unlimited internet package: 98 Rs. </li></ul><ul><li>Unlimited GPRS usage, free wallpapers and games included in the 3 days package; Unlimited GPRS usage, free wallpapers, games and unlimited songs in Tunes are included in the monthly mobile internet package. </li></ul>
29. ‘ Best Mobile Internet Service’ Nominee Company: Microsoft Application: Microsoft My Phone Summary: Personal data in the mobile phone is backed up in a password secured Microsoft web site by using My Phone service, and this data can be reinstalled on any mobile phone any time. <ul><li>Application makes it easier to send photos to social networking sites. </li></ul><ul><li>Application shows the location of the mobile phone on map when it is lost. Therefore, the risk of losing the phone is minimized. </li></ul><ul><li>The application is free except for the optional services. Data transfer charges are applicable. </li></ul>
30. ‘ Best Mobile Internet Service’ Nominee Company: Vodafone Applicaion: Vodafone Mobile Broadband Always Best Connected Summary: Connection signals are listed according to Vodafone’s Always Best Connected service (ABC) so that the subcriber can connect with the best signal available. The sequence changes when the user changes his/her location and the device is always connected to the best signal.
31. ‘ Best Mobile Internet Service’ Nominee Company: Opera Software ASA Application: Opera Mini Summary: Opera Mini is a browser for mobile phones only. <ul><li>Many features including Tabbed Browsing , Bookmark , synchroniz ing and updating bookmarks between Opera in PC and Opera in mobile, Download Manager . </li></ul>
32. ‘ Best Mobile Internet Service’ Nominee Company: adaffix Gmbh Application: YELLIX Summary: Users can see Facebook profile picture and status of the person who calls them by using Yellix service. <ul><li>Users can see who their top 5 Facebook callers are and the details of their Facebook friends calling them over the last 7 days via the Yellix Facebook Application . </li></ul><ul><li>Application is free, only data transfer charges from the gsm operator. </li></ul>
33. ‘ Best Mobile Internet Service’ Nominee Company: Openwave Systems, Inc. Application: Openwave Passport Summary: Faster networks, adaptive content solutions, affordable monthly data plans and the introduction of high-end, touch-sensitive devices have increased mobile data usage. Openwave Passport enables the mobile operator to capitalize on this consumer behavior by offering a range of personalized access and service options. <ul><li>Advantages for operators; attracting new data users, up-sell relevant services, ensuring a fair usage policy, encouraging the discovery of new services. </li></ul><ul><li>Advantages for subscribers; a personalized user experience, targeted services. </li></ul>
34. ‘ Best Mobile Internet Service’ Nominee Company: Geodesic Application: Mundu IM Summary: Mundu IM enables users to be online and send instant messages in many platforms including MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, AIM, Gtalk, and Jabber. <ul><li>It is stated on their web site that they are sensitive about privacy, and they do not record usernames and passwords. </li></ul><ul><li>Price is $3. </li></ul>
35. ‘ Best Mobile Money Service’ Nominees
36. ‘ Best Mobile Money Service’ Nominee Company: SK Telecom Application: T Cash, Korea’s most pervasive mobile payment system Summary: SK Telecom extended its service content for the users of T-Cash mobile payment system. <ul><li>The company enabled online shopping for the users who had already been using T-cash to pay bus tickets, supermarket shopping or parking tickets. </li></ul><ul><li>They started to serve mobile payment system at www.11st.co.kr (e-commerce site) and www.cyworld.com (the most popular social networking site in South Korea). </li></ul>
37. ‘ Best Mobile Money Service’ Nominee Company: Monitise International Limited Application: Monitise Mobile Money Manager Summary: Users can manage their money and investments via their mobile phones by Monitise Mobile Money Manager which is compatible with all mobile phones. <ul><li>All payment transactions can be made easily. </li></ul><ul><li>There are more than 150 financial institutions in the system. </li></ul>
38. ‘ Best Mobile Money Service’ Nominee Company: Smart Communications Application: Smart Money’s expanded mobile-based security feature for online purchases Summary: Once users fill up the necessary payment details in the merchant site, prior to making that payment transaction or clicking “finish button”, users must “Unlock” the account. This system provides high security for online shopping. <ul><li>Smart Money service works as an installable payment card. Therefore, the user who installs money to his/her Smart Money account can use this money anywhere via the mobile phone. </li></ul><ul><li>While user is using this security system, the user enters W-Pin and activates the account for online shopping. After the transaction (purchase) is done, Smart Money account locks itself automatically. </li></ul>
39. ‘ Best Mobile Money Service’ Nominee Company: Safaricom Limited Application: M-PESA (bulk payment & utility bill) extension to service Summary: M-PESA is a service allowing users to transfer money using a mobile phone. <ul><li>The application was launched in Kenya and works in all mobile phones . </li></ul><ul><li>It is produced by Safaricom and Vodafone partnership. </li></ul><ul><li>It is available for all users who have bank account or not, and who are prepaid or postpaid. </li></ul><ul><li>M-PESA application is installed to the sim card. </li></ul>
40. ‘ Best Mobile Money Service’ Nominee Company: Fundamo Application: MCB Mobile Payments Made Easy Summary: A payment system in which users can install airtime, pay mobile phone and other (electricity, water, credit card etc.) bills, transfer money to any other MCB mobile account, or make donation.
41. ‘ Best Use of Mobile for Social & Economic Development’ Nominees
42. ‘ Best Use of Mobile for Social & Economic Development’ Nominee Company: Comviva Technologies Limited Application: Virtual SIM Summary: “By using Virtual SIM – without owning a handset or a SIM the underserved segments become a part of the global mobile community, instantly. Virtual SIM has the potential to connect the 2.7 billion unconnected people globally who are covered by a mobile network, but unable to afford a mobile handset or SIM. The solution capitalizes on current community-based communication services consumption models prevalent among low-ARPU customers to achieve universal service goals by enabling a person to share a handset (perhaps of a family member or a neighbour) a significant cost is avoided.” Mayank Sharma, VP, Mobile Lifestyle Solutionsi, Comviva Technologies
43. ‘ Best Use of Mobile for Social & Economic Development’ Nominee Company: Mocambique Cellular S.A.R.L (mcel) Application: Mcel estou ligado (Mcel I am connected) Summary: Facilities are designed to increase the life standards of people who live far away from the center of Mozambique. <ul><li>High speed connection was established for the clinics and schools in the region with Mcel estou ligado project. Therefore, people had access to reach mobile network. </li></ul><ul><li>It is an eco-friendly facility as IT rooms of the clinics and schools work with 100% solar power. </li></ul>
44. ‘ Best Use of Mobile for Social & Economic Development’ Nominee Company: Grameen Foundation Application: The Grameen Founcation Application Laboratory (AppLab) Summary: The Grameen Foundation Application Laboratory was founded to produce mobile applications for poor people who need essential tips/information especially about health and agriculture. <ul><li>For example, a farmer can get essential tips regarding corn farming by sending a very simple text message to this service. </li></ul>
45. ‘ Best Use of Mobile for Social & Economic Development’ Nominee Company: Myriad Group Application: World’s largest real-time health survey via Mobile Phones – Tracking H1N1 Flu Epidemic in Mexico Summary: A survey was conducted about flu epidemic by sending SMS to almost 1 million people living in four key cities of Mexico. <ul><li>A random sample of a million cell phone users received the health questions (related to H1N1), and four key cities were of particular focus: two with apparently high prevalence of the disease, Mexico City and San Luis de Potosi, and two where very few cases had been reported, Monterrey and Cancun. </li></ul>
46. ‘ Best Use of Mobile for Social & Economic Development’ Nominee Company: MTN Syria Application: Electronic Voucher Food Distribution Project Summary: The first of its kind in the world to use mobile phone technology to aid 1,000 Iraqi refugee families in Syria. <ul><li>Iraqi refugees living in Damascus received a text message on their mobile providing a code enabling them to cash in all or part of the “virtual voucher” at selected government shops. They exchanged their electronic vouchers for rice, wheat flour, lentils, chickpeas, oil and canned fish, as well as cheese and eggs – items that cannot usually be included in conventional aid baskets. </li></ul><ul><li>Each family received one voucher per person, worth $22 every two months. </li></ul>
47. ‘ Best Use of Mobile for Social & Economic Development’ Nominee Company: Ossian Agro Automation Application: Nano Ganesh A Mobile based remote control system for agricultural water pumps Summary: Nano Ganesh is a GSM Mobile based remote control system exclusively for the use with water pump sets in agriculture areas. <ul><li>With the help of Nano Ganesh Mobile Modem: </li></ul><ul><li>A farmer can control the pumps from any distance </li></ul><ul><li>He can check an availability of power supply at the pump end. </li></ul><ul><li>In some models, a farmer gets an alert call if there is a theft attempt of the cable or pump. </li></ul>
48. ‘ Best Use of Mobile for Social & Economic Development’ Nominee Company: Grameen Foundation Application: Health Tips, a service which enables freeform SMS text queries on reproductive health issues. <ul><li>This application of Grameen was already explained. </li></ul>
49. ‘ Best ‘Mobile Money for the Unbanked’ Service’ Nominees
50. ‘ Best ‘Mobile Money for the Unbanked’ Service’ Nominee Company: Vodafone LTD Application: Vodafone Money Transfer (but locally as M-PESA, M-Paisa or VMT) Summary: M-Paisa is a mobile technology platform that provides financial services for those without access to banking and aims to facilitate economic activity in the region. <ul><li>M-PESA was already explained. </li></ul><ul><li>M-Paisa acts mainly as a vehicle for microfinance* institutions (MFI) loan disbursements and repayments, with an additional range of business to business applications such as salary disbursement and airtime distribution. </li></ul><ul><li>Consumer person-to-person transactions is also available from the outset, enabling the MFI clients and employees who have received their money via M-Paisa to benefit from the full capabilities of the service. </li></ul>* Microfinance; the financial transactions which are served for the people who have low income level and can not benefit from any financial or banking services.
51. ‘ Best ‘Mobile Money for the Unbanked’ Service’ Nominee Company: Zain Bahrain B.S.C. Application: Zap Summary: Zain customers can withdraw, pay for goods and services, school fee and utility bills, receive money from or send money to friends and family members, send and receive money to friends’ or family members’ bank accounts, top-up their or someone else’s airtime and manage their bank accounts by using Zap application. <ul><li>Zap serves to more than 150 million people in Africa as a m-commerce service. </li></ul>
52. ‘ Best ‘Mobile Money for the Unbanked’ Service’ Nominee Company: BEAM Suvidha Starnet (P) Limited Application: BEAM – Simple Money Service Summary: Beam is a new age payment service especially made to add ease and convenience to users’ life. The Beam Prepaid Card enables a subscriber to make hassle-free transactions in a unique manner. It lets users shop without cash, pay utility bills, recharge mobile/top-up. Users can also get micro-credit and remit repayments to MFIs/banks as well as donations anywhere, anytime, with just an SMS from your mobile phone.
53. ‘ Best ‘Mobile Money for the Unbanked’ Service’ Nominee Company: Telecom Development Company Afghanistan Application: Roshan – M-Paisa, a secure transparent and timely of salaries <ul><li>It was explained in Vodafone Money Transfer section. </li></ul>
54. ‘ Best ‘Mobile Money for the Unbanked’ Service’ Nominee Company: Comviva Technologies Limited Application: mobiquity Mobile Money Summary: Comviva’s mobiquity platform embraces the mobile phone as a convenient, cash-free payment and transaction medium, delivering a range of financial and payment applications. Designed to make everyday tasks easier to perform banked subscribers, mobiquity extends formal financial services to the unbanked community. <ul><li>With its open APIs, mobiquity can host third party applications as well as comviva’s own applications, making it a highly flexible mobile money service delivery platform for mobile operators and the financial community. </li></ul><ul><li>mobiquity applications include: mobile money, mobile banking, mobile payments, borderless recharge hub. </li></ul>
55. ‘ Best ‘Mobile Money for the Unbanked’ Service’ Nominee Company: Smart Communications Application: Islands Activation Program (IAP) Summary: Island Activation Program is designed for institutions located in remote areas where there is none if not very limited access to financial services. The solution includes provisioning Smart Money services and mobile-based applications for members of the institutions.
56. Other Nominees Company: Alcatel Lucent & 1020 Placecast Application: SonicSignals ‘ Best Mobile Location Based Advertising Campaign’ Company: T-Mobile Slovensko Application: MESSAGES