14.3 Energy flows through ecosystems
Vocabulary: producer, consumer, decompose, food chain, food web, energy pyramid
1. Producers make sugars using sunlight. Consumers eat other consumers and producers.
Decomposers break down dead producers and consumers.
2. Food webs show that one organism can have more than one role in an ecosystem.
3. Available energy decreases.
4. Drawing of food chain with each organism labeled.
5. Secondary consumers would disappear without having muskrats to eat. Producers would get
more plentiful without the muskrats eating them.