1. DottNet:The largest online community of Italian healthcare professionals, and the most dynamic too
2. SUMMARY1. DOTTNET: THE LARGEST ONLINE COMMUNITY OF ITALIAN HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS2. DOTTNET: FUNCTIONALITY3. DOTTNET and DIRECT EMAIL MARKETING4. DOTTNET: ADVANTAGES FOR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES
3. SUMMARY1. DOTTNET: THE LARGEST ONLINE COMMUNITY OF ITALIAN HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS2. DOTTNET: FUNCTIONALITY3. DOTTNET and DIRECT EMAIL MARKETING4. DOTTNET: ADVANTAGES FOR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES
4. THE LARGEST ONLINE COMMUNITY OF HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALSDottNet.it is the unique social network ofmedical-science in Italy.The goal of DottNet.it is creating aprofessional relationship between tothousands of physicians, pharmacistsand health professional.Through DottNet.it the members can havedeep scientific knowledges, all day everyday.DottNet has just signed up its 150,000thmember.The access is reserved for tradeprofessionals in according to italian law.
5. THE LARGEST ONLINE COMMUNITY OF HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALSDottNet numbers on June 2011: 153,000 healthcare professional users 42,500 individual users per month 151,020 emails sent monthly 150,000,000 seconds spent online
6. SUMMARY1. DOTTNET: THE LARGEST ONLINE COMMUNITY OF ITALIAN HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS2. DOTTNET: FUNCTIONALITY • DISCUSSION GROUP • AREA EVENTS • HIGHLIGHT CONGRESS • CHANNELS • MICROSITE • e-CME • CEP3. DOTTNET and DIRECT EMAIL MARKETING4. DOTTNET: ADVANTAGES FOR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES
7. DOTTNET: FUNCTIONALITYThe members through DottNet.it may :All professional news;Invite colleagues/friends to access, build discussion groups, participate and invite to conversation;Share interests or participations in conferences;Enhance their knowledges by asking or answering;Write articles or include presentations and movies and see them published;Participate eCME;Comment on and rate articles;Find colleagues from universities or specialist;Create new professional relationships;
8. DISCUSSION GROUPOne of the greatest things aboutDottNet.it is discussion group withhundreds of members from allspecialities online at any one time.Many doctors use the DottNet Groupfor passing on essential news andinformation affecting the professionas a whole, including politicalchanges, incident alerts, safetyalerts, training issues and more.
9. DISCUSSION GROUPThe discussion group has the same features of a group in the social network Facebook.Graphics and hierarchical features of control activities can be personalized.Rules of the group: The group can be made visible both to the whole community (public) and to private sectors.The private group is managed by an owner who can invite, accept requests from new users andwho can exclude persons already members of the group. The group can communicate with the community through official information.All the functions of monitoring and mentoring are active.Each participant can add articles, post content, comment threads, gather and share multimediamaterials, new threads. When new material is added, the messaging service of DottNet notifies all participants of thegroup. The notification comes only to the participants of the same discussion, whenever you insert anew comment.
10. AREA EVENTSThe area events has been developed as in other social networks. The section is divided for eventsdisplayed in chronological order, starting with those with a daily deadline.The user can view and search for the events of interest, published not just from his contacts but by all the users. Events have public and private audiences; the first one are open to all, whilst to take part in the private audiences it is necessary a call by a user who is already registered.The user can decide to invite contacts, filtering them by: Category Specialization Province City
11. HIGHLIGHT CONGRESSIn this section the user can view the monitoring of national and international conferences.Each conference will have a link that allows the user to view the conference’sproceedings, images and all the information about the event.The materials will be incorporated into DottNet in specific sections (channel), and they will beavailable through the DEM and promotional banner placed in the social network.Conferences will be reported from the company, proposed as a sponsor, or directly fromMerqurio.
12. HIGHLIGHT CONGRESSThe activity is structured as follows:1. Participation of a team of Merqurio editorials, journalists and qualified operators, during the congress.2. Video conference interviews with leading exponents of Italian pulmonology, who have participated to national and international events.3. Collection of congress material: clinical trials, conference proceedings etc.
13. CHANNELSChannels, is the area that allows the access to a specific channel in order to have moreinformation about specific diseases, scientific events, medical and scientific issues aboutlegislation and welfare.Clicking Channel list, the user can view the page with the list of channels.Channels are structured in different sections, that concern different subjects; each channel isassociated with a group, a place of discussion about the topic of the channel.
14. CHANNELSThe channel is divided into several areas, such as: "Material Information", devoted to material information about a specific disease and/or product. "Insights of pathologies", an area where the user can refer to clinical studies, conference proceedingsand information on the pathology. "News and/or Scientific Review", where the user can view the most important news about a specificissue."Discussion Group", devoted to discussions and debates on specific issues and/or problems concerninga specific pathology and/or product. "Video interviews," where the user can see, in the case of a channel related to an event, the videointerviews with the most important representatives who have attended to the event.
15. MICROSITEThe microsite is the area in which the physician finds information about aspecific product.Communications in this area are all focused on the product from a commercialpoint of view, with promotions and claims defined with the company sponsors.The user can move from the scientific area to the promotional one, withoutleaving the social network, but just with a click.The microsite have been developed by Merqurio to meet the need forcompanies to differentiate the communication about the product rather than thedisease.
16. MICROSITEThe microsite is divided into several areas,such as: e-Library Advergame e-Sales rep e-CME e-Visual etc…
17. e-CMEThrough DottNet users also can partecipate of distance learning courses (eCME)In the field e-CME of DottNet wants to create new solutions,• On Demand Blended• Synchronous videoconferencing,• Tele-platform to manage the distance learning
18. CEPDottNet is provider of Italian “Certified Electronic Mail”.The certified e-mail system aims at granting legal validity to the transmission and receipt ofelectronic messages between government offices, citizens and businesses under Italian law,through the certified e-mail providers. The members of DottNet can take free CEP.
19. SUMMARY1. DOTTNET: THE LARGEST ONLINE COMMUNITY OF ITALIAN HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS2. DOTTNET: FUNCTIONALITY3. DOTTNET and DIRECT EMAIL MARKETING4. DOTTNET: ADVANTAGES FOR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES
20. DOTTNET and DIRECT EMAIL MARKETINGDottNet offer services and news, updated in real time, thanks to the content of onlinejournals, generalist and specialist newsletters.DottNet’s staff consists of 4 editors graduates in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology,2 professional journalists and 20 publishers copywriters, doctors, lawyers and experts inhealth economics, who provide a wide range of contents.DottNet’s staff is always in synergy and has established relationships with the mostrespected italian institutions: Assofarm, Federsanità, AIFA, Fnomceo, FIMMG, ScientificSocieties.DottNet’s staff has established a steady cooperation with:oThe University “Federico II” of NaplesToxicological and Pharmaceutical Chemistry Department Chemistry of Natural Substances DepartmentoThe University of PaviaPharmaceutical Chemistry Department
21. DOTTNET and DIRECT EMAIL MARKETINGPanorama Medico is the generic newsletterof DottNet. Newsletter consists in fivesections, arranged in order to allow atargeted scanning of topics of interest.NEWSLETTER: THE LEADING ARTICLELeading article is the featured articlepublished in the newsletter.The goal is to provide additional and morecomprehensive information.For a better action of pushing, the title of theleading article represents the subject of theemail that the recipient receives.
22. DOTTNET and DIRECT EMAIL MARKETINGNEWSLETTER: BANNER1 Header (468x60 pixels) is placed at thetop of the newsletter and is the first part that thereader sees.2° Header (468x60 pixels) is positioned justbelow the first header, and, although it issmaller than the first, it provides maximumvisibility.
23. DOTTNET and DIRECT EMAIL MARKETINGNEWSLETTER: BANNER1° Skyscraper (pixel 160x600) is the firstvertical banner positioned on the side of thetext 2° Skyscraper (pixel 160x600) is thesecond vertical banner positioned on the sideof the text.
24. DOTTNET and DIRECT EMAIL MARKETINGPanorama Medico has one DEM integrated in itsbody of newsletter.The DEM refers to the communication activity onproducts and services, based on sending an emailto a list of selected users.It differs from the sponsorship of a newsletter forthe exclusivity of the message that no other editorialtext conveys, dedicating the entire body of thenotice to the sponsor or its product.The DEM should be recognized, authoritative,validated and sent to the specific target.
25. DOTTNET and DIRECT EMAIL MARKETINGIn addition to Panorama Medico daily updated, DottNet has specialist newsletter weekly,fortnightly and monthly updated.The goal is to provide all the specialists of the healthcare sector with support information for theperformance of their professional practice, related to scientific literature and changes and newsabout legislation concerning both health policy and social security rules.
26. DOTTNET and DIRECT EMAIL MARKETINGDottNet’s specialist publications weekly, fortnightly and monthly:o Farmacia Magazine o Medicina Interna Newso Medical News o Nefrologia Newso Cardio Mail o Neuro Point Newso Diabetologia News o Nutraceutical Newso Gastro News o Oculistica Newso Pediatria News o Odontoiatria Newso Asma News o Onco Newso Dermatologia News o Ortopedia Newso Ematologia News o Otorinolaringoiatria Newso Endocrinologia News o Psichiatria Newso Andrologia News o Reumatologia Newso Geriatria News o Uro hot Newso Hospital News o Gyne Hot Newso Infettivologia News o Hospital Newso Medical Sport News
27. DOTTNET and DIRECT EMAIL MARKETINGNEWSLETTERTotal sending per years : 26.009.983Total reading per years: 9.103.494Redemption impression (open newsletter): range 39-44%Redemption link (click on the links Dem): range 25-31%DIRECT- EMAIL MARKETINGTotal sending per years: around 255.000.000Impression Dem: around 43%
28. SUMMARY1. DOTTNET: THE LARGEST ONLINE COMMUNITY OF ITALIAN HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS2. DOTTNET: FUNCTIONALITY3. DOTTNET and DIRECT EMAIL MARKETING4. DOTTNET: ADVANTAGES FOR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES
29. DOTTNET: ADVANTAGES FOR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIESThe doctors who subscribe to DottNet.it can take part in marketing and market research ofpharmaceutical firms.Through DottNet, Pharmaceutical Companies can create a new level of relationship in addition toothers already used: Give informations to doctors and receive from them the feedback; Can "join the conversation", "rent a place for discussion”, create new contacts, the emergence of interest; Can communicate with all the physician concerned, in addition to those which may already visited by its own Information, providing information on specific products; Can create moments of encounter between physicians and opinon Leaders;
30. DOTTNET: ADVANTAGES FOR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIESThrough DottNet, Pharmaceutical Companies can create a new level of relationship in addition toothers already used: Can create interactive web seminars, with the active involvement of physicians; Can boost the visibility of communication projects underway or already implemented, publishing them on DottNet; Can be placed to the attention of medical materials such as recordings of panel discussions, symposia, expert meetings; Can organize on DottNet events (highlight conferences and conventions) live streaming;
31. “These markets are conversations...A powerful global conversation has begun. Through the Internet, people are discovering and inventingnew ways to share relevant knowledge with blinding speed.As a direct result, markets are getting smarter—and getting smarter faster than most companies.” The Cluetrain Manifesto