Be the first to like this
Flexible working is on the increase as employers recognise the benefits it delivers to the business, customers and employees.
Research shows that employees who work flexibly are happy, healthy and productive. And they are friends of the environment too, as they are not travelling at peak congestion times. Organisations adopting flexible working are recording significant savings in property costs as well as improved recruitment and retention rates. Flexible working offers a good deal for all!
If you are considering introducing flexible working, attend this event that will offer practical advice on how to get started plus the experiences of employers who have successfully incorporated flexible working into their business.
This event is free and is being hosted by the Northwest Flexible Working Group.
9.30 – 9.45am
Welcome by Peter Connor, Regional Manager, BT and Chair, Northwest Flexible Working Group
9.45am – 10.30am
Getting started; a panel that will examine the steps to starting out
• Legal aspects – Justin Beevor, Director, Employment Channel, Addleshaw Goddard
• Technology aspects – Gary Coombes, Regional manager, Orange
• Data protection – Gary Dodson, Green Light Computers
• IT infrastructure - Andrew Halliwell, Acting head of ICT Policy, Northwest Development Agency
10.30am – 11.00am
A Personal Perspective;
Anne Bingham – Holmes, Chief Executive, Vale Royal Borough Council and winner of The Times Best Council to Work For, 2007
11.00 – 11.20am
11.20 – 11.50am
Impacting the work/life balance with Susannah Robertson, Robertson Cooper Ltd
11.50am – 12.20pm
Flexible Friendly Employers;
Hear from employers from the public and private sectors, who have benefited from introducing flexible working. Chaired by Andy Lake, Editor of Flexibility.co.uk and speakers to include:
• David Parr, Chief Executive, Halton Borough Council & Chair, Merseyside DDA
• Sarah Williams, HR Business Manager, KPMG
• Catherine Nevin, HR Manager, Liverpool John Moores University
12.20pm – 12.30pm
Reference to research generated by flexible working group pilot project.
12.30pm – 1.00pm
Twenty Years on …the story of flexible working in BT with Dave Wilson, Manager Employment Policy, BT plc.