As we see more devices flood the market, we run into challenges with the variety of specifications and building experiences for them. Joe Johnston wanted to explore whether it’s better to utilize the native controls for each device, or use a more consistent and custom UI (that may be on an existing desktop/Web app). In this presentation, Joe will go through the entire process of building a sample application across multiple devices.
Some items that will be explored:
* Screen size
* Screen Resolution
* Orientation (Portrait and Landscape Modes)
* Physical Navigation Buttons
* On Screen Keyboards vs Physical Keyboards
* Gesture’s and Multi-touch
* Device Form Factor
* Left-handed vs Right-handed users and placement of UI elements
* Network Connectivity: How does your app respond without it?
Audience: Designers, UX, Developers, Managers
Attain: A better understanding of what to think about when building applications for Multi Devices in future.
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.