Be the first to like this
From MER Conference 2012
Speakers: Christine Burns and Carol Stainbrook
This session explains "why" your organization's technology selections impact "how" the updated retention schedules described in part one of this two-part session can be applied to electronically stored information (ESI). Learn reasonable and actionable approaches for embedding retention policies into e-mail, file shares and enterprise applications.
This session will address:
- Why "perfection" is often impractical, when it comes to applying retention policy to ESI and some reasonable alternatives to perfection.
- How the technologies for email, file shares, and other ESI affect the implementation of retention policies.
- When it may be necessary to choose different retention strategies for different technologies such e-mail, file shares and enterprise applications.
- Considerations for applying retention policy to data in enterprise applications.
- Criteria to help prioritize where to begin when applying retention policy.
In this session you will learn how to tailor your organization's approach to retention schedules so they are reasonable, actionable and result in the orderly destruction of eligible information, given your organization's technology selections.