Welcome to My Presentation• Presenter : M.Emin Bozdemir In Turkey
• A young boy in the kansas city was trying to sell his cartoons to newspapers.• As if all editors have union of the mouth, said the same thing to him:• You do not seem capable of cartoons ,why do you forget this work and why do you try to something else.
• Cartoon is his lifes dream . How can he forget his dreams ?• Finally, one of the local churches priest hired him for a small fee for church activities,pictures• But new young artist needed a studio. he needed a place where he can sleep and draw
• The church has old garage.but there is a lot of mice in the garage.• The young man had to live here. but one of these mice will be very famous in the future like a young man who lived together
• This mice was mickey mouse which is well-known around the world and also the young man was Walt Disney who is never leaves the dream of his life.
• Born On: December 5, 1901• Born In: Chicago, Illinois• Career: Film Producer, Voice Actor, Director, Animat or, Entrepreneur, Philant hropist• Nationality: American
• 1901: Walt Disney was born• 1910: Moved to Kansas City - with his family, Attended Benton Grammar School, Met Walter Pfeiffer - who introduced him to motion pictures• 1917: Migrated to Chicago - with his family, Started taking courses at Chicago Art Institute, Joined the Red Cross• 1920: Founded Iwerks-Disney Commercial Artists Company, with Ubbe Iwerks• 1923: Moved to Hollywood, Signed a contract with M.J. Winkler - with Roy• 1925: Married Lillian Bounds• 1926: Renamed his studio as the Walt Disney Studio• 1927: Created the series Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
• 1928: Created Mickey Mouse, Plane Crazy and Steamboat Willie (first animated cartoon with sound)• 1930: Signed a distribution contract with Columbia Pictures• 1932: Flowers and Trees won the Academy Award for Best Short Subject: Cartoons, Disney received a special award for Mickey Mouse• 1933: „The Three Little Pigs‟ cartoon became a phenomenal success• 1934: Introduced Donald Duck into the Mickey Mouse world• 1938: Released Snow White, bringing in the Golden Age of Animation for Disney• 1940s: Introduced Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan and Cinderella• 1949: Donald replaced Mickey as Disney‟s star character
• 1950: Produced „Treasure Island‟, „20,000 Leagues Under the Sea‟ and „One Hour In Wonderland‟• 1955: „Mickey Mouse Club‟ became the first daily television show, Established Disneyland• 1960: Became Head of Pageantry, for the Winter Olympics of that year• 1960s: „Mary Poppins‟ became the most popular Disney film• 1966: Disney admitted to St. Joseph‟s Hospital, later dying of lung cancer.
• Disney died on December 15, 1966 but his legacy carries on to this day. As a producer, director and animator, Disney created one of the world‟s most recognized and cherished brands. To other budding entrepreneurs, he says this: “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
• The world‟s most well-known and respected entertainers• He created the world‟s first multimedia empire and he did it by making people smile.
• He Pushed His Sales• He Followed His Dreams• He Was Creative• He Seized Control• He Was Selective
• He Followed His Dreams: “You reach a point where you dont work for money,” Disney said. He reached that point early on in his career; he had pursued his passion to the point where he had made it successful and his work became a pleasure.
• He Was Selective: “You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you,” said Disney.
Qualities of a successfulentrepreneur• Clear objective• Risk taking• Innovator• Creativity• Adaptibility to changing situation• Intereted in diversity IMAGE A PERSON WHO HAS ALL THESE QUALITIES
• Disney was a risk-taker who started his first business at the age of 19 and worked tirelessly to elevate animation to an art form• Disney‟s business ventures, was a work of passion and love, the result of which was a monumental success.
• “When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably,”• Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse,” Disney said.
• Somehow I can‟t believe there are any heights that can‟t be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true,” Disney said. “This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C‟s. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy and the greatest of these is Confidence.
• “When you‟re curious, you find lots of interesting things to do,” Disney said. “And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage.” Disney had the courage to follow his dreams. He ignored the critics and the disbelievers to become one of the most significant and successful entrepreneurs of the 20the century. “