AREA IN CROATIA
In Križevci, north of Croatia
• This is a mixed forest areas where
• there are natural stands of oak,
hornbeam, alder, and occasional ash
tree, beech, wild cherry, field maple,
linden, wild apples .... that the area
provides excellent phytocoenological,
landscape and aesthetic value.
• The beauty of the park trees and
• forest nursery complemented with a
range of horticultural plants,
• deciduous and coniferous, and
ABOUT THE FOREST
• This is a mixed forest areas where there are
natural stands of oak , hornbeam , alder , and a
few ash trees , beech , wild cherry, chub , lime ,
wild apples .... The area provides exceptional
phytocoenological , scenic and aesthetic value.
The beauty of the park forests is supplemented
by a variety of horticultural plants and deciduous
conifers , and ornamental shrubs.
Variety of trees
• Natural stands of oak and hornbeam ( Querco Carpinetum croaticum ) constitute the ground of
environmental stability of this protected area.
Great landscape value of the area and give the
others present forest stands, and this is a
community of black alder ( Franguli - Alnetum
glutinosae ) , percentage of ash , beech , wild
cherry, chub , lime , wild apples, and a few acacia
trees alohtonog .
• It is planned to build an arboretum with 51 tree
species; also planting of new forest plantations ,
construction of lakes and recreation facilities ,
rehabilitation and renovation of the area adjacent
to an existing hunting area.