Abington Senior High Mrs. Lindinger 2011-12 Advanced Placement American Studies II
- The United States 1898-the present
- Social, political, economic developments
- Preparation for the APUSH exam in May
- As an AP student, the majority of your grade will be reflective of the following assessments:
- The remainder of your grade will come from your completion of homework, in-class assignments, and collaborative projects.
- Citizenship - Your preparation and contribution to our class, as well as treatment of your teacher and peers
- Terms/Objectives – for each chapter, you will complete a list of terms, and answer a series of questions (learning objectives) that will allow you to think deeply about the content of the chapter.
- The “lose a letter grade” policy
- Cheating = Notification of administration and parents
Absentee Policy/Extra Help
- Make-Up Work - As soon as you return, check for missed in-class and homework assignments. Extra papers will be available in the classroom. If you have any questions, please see me.
- Tests/Quizzes – If you are absent for a test or quiz you must see me to schedule your makeup.
- Schedule an appointment for help Pd. 1, 4 or 6, before or after school!
Service Learning – Senior Project
- Mandatory for all Seniors
- Purpose: for students to complete PA’s graduation project requirement by completing service to their community
- 20 hours – the majority in one place
- Senior Give Back Day – October
- Formal Presentation (tri-fold board, PowerPoint)
- With evidence of work (ie. pictures, journals)