• FYE course for honors students• Focus on professional development• Research, internships, study abroad• Networking, interviewing, resumes• Limited to ~25 students• Co-taught by honors faculty & undergraduate peer leader
• Only 50 minutes per week• Broad range of majors• Broad range of interests• Too many areas to cover• Not enough time!
• Separate out STEM majors• Focused coursework outside of classroom• Individualized & personalized research on topics• Time to gather questions / reflections• Classroom time for application, panels, & discussion
• Course Management System (Moodle)• Multimedia Introductions• Delicious• Mind Meister• Linked In• Websites• Photos• Career Center Database• Discussion Forums
• Delicious• Mind Meister (password protected)• Internship Guide• Shadowing Guide• Syllabus
• More work than anticipated• Worth the effort• Relevant to goals as STEM major• Could see connections between online work and opportunities• Mind maps helped visualize goals• Obtained positions related to opportunities they researched