1. Learn About The Great Barrier Reef With Mad Scientists' Rhian and Alice
2. What is a coral reef? <ul><li>A coral reef is an under water habitat made of little animals called polyps. </li></ul><ul><li>Coral reefs build on top of other dead corals. </li></ul>Coral polyps
3. How are coral reefs built? <ul><li>Coral reefs are built from stony corals. </li></ul>Great Barrier Reef from space
4. Where is The Great Barrier Reef The Great Barrier Reef is on the east coast of the Queensland mainland. Map of GBR
5. Two Types of Coral Two types of coral are Brain coral(looks like a brain) and Fan Coral(looks like a fan). Brain Coral Fan Coral
6. Creatures that live in the GBR There are Whales, Dolphins,Porpoises,Dugongs and 14 species of sea snakes and six breeds of sea Turtles Dugong T urtle
7. Three ways people use the GBR They use it for Tourists, snorkelling and scuba diving. Scuba Diving. Snorkels
8. Pollution Sometimes oil spills from Cargo ships into the Great Barrier reef And animals get sick and Birds get dirty. Oil Spill
9. Fishing Industries You Are not aloud too have small holes in your net because small fish can not escape to grow up and breed. Fishing
10. Crown Of Thorns Starfish The Crown Of Thorns Starfish Eats Coral And Can Increase To Plaques . Crown Of Thorns
11. Climate Change Sometimes when warm water comes to the GBR the Alge that lives in Coral Polyps goes away and the Polyp loses its colour because Alge gives coral it’s colour.
12. Credits Pictures By : Google . Inserted By : My Documents . Back Ground By: R Jenkins And A Day. Words By : People up the Top . Presentation By : Micro soft PowerPoint. NEARLY ALL OF THIS BY : Alice Day And Rhian Jenkins. The End!!!!!!!!