2. Communication is the most important tool in business. Every type of business relationship rises and falls on the skills of communication. Communicate well improve self esteem.
3. Trust is a fragile thing — hard to create and easy to destroy. How do you develop and maintain trust within the workplace? Be more understanding. Be fair to everyone in the workplace. Openness Integrity Consistency
4. Role-playing-Role-playing can give you a different perspective that can lead to helpful ideas. For example, if you are a salesperson, a role-playing session where you pretend to be the customer can give you a much better understanding of what your customer is thinking during your presentations.
5. Asking"What-If" Questions-The process of asking "what if" questions can lead to new discoveries that result in improvements or growth. For example, you can consider what would happen if you started to perform a process in the opposite manner of how you currently do it or if you added weekend hours of operation. “What if” questions are often the source of big idea.
6. Brainstorming-Brainstorming allows a group of people to contribute ideas on a topic without regard to how practical they may be. The purpose is to come with an "outside the box" solution that might not occur otherwise. Another advantage is that youll receive input from several people instead of just one or two individuals.
7. When employees successfully brand themselves as experts in an industry, both the employee and the employer can achieve measurable benefits. Personal branding is becoming recognized as a necessary and valuable strategy for professionals across all industries.
8. Branding yourself help to define who you are. Branding yourself is a way to associate great value about yourself. Improved brand perception which can positively affect marketing goals and improve recruiting by becoming a more desirable employer within your industry segment.
9. Respect can be defined as consideration for self and of others. Respect includes:- consideration for other peoples privacy, their physical space and belongings. Respect for different viewpoints, philosophies, physical ability, beliefs and personality.
10. In order to earn the respect of others, one must first have respect for themselves. One must recognize they are a person worthy of respect.
11. Grooming describes basic personal hygiene as well as the process that prepares employees for a specific position within a company. Personal grooming also determines the impression you make on people and how you feel about yourself. Someone who has good personal grooming habits looks clean, neat.
12. While,organizational grooming promotes everyone attend to their personal grooming to keep a healthy work environment it is also a more specialized program offered by companies to prepare an employee to climb the corporate ladder.
13. Personal grooming can help demonstrate organizational commitment and is a sign of respect for yourself and your job. Depending on where you work, dress codes will vary. These clothes should be in fashion or work-appropriate, meaning wear a suit to work instead of what you would wear to a club.
14. Setting Clear Directions:-What is it you need to do? What is it youneed to achieve? These goals need to bespecific, measurable, achievable, results-focused and time-bound.
15. Clarify Expectations:-These will help guide you in your next phaseof action and also growth in the company. Itwill also allow you to benchmark yourself asyou go along. You need not wait tillperformance evaluation to get feedbackfrom your manager. You can also ask forfeedback informally as you go along.
16. Basis For Development Needs:-Goal setting in the workplace also allows forassessing your development needs. Whatare the things that you need to be trainedon? What do you lack that the company canhelp via training and coaching programs?