CAREER PLAINING AND DEVELOPMENT IN PAKISTAN
• SHERJAN BEZANJO
• ALI RAZA ARAIN
Career management in pakistan.
Promote a proper career development
Fulfill organizational needs and gain
positive or favorable image
Identifying and keeping the best
Helping employees to identify their skills
Achieve mutual benefits for both, the
organization and its employees
What means a career plaining in
•Finding a job in Pakistan is very hard therefore, the importance of career
planning is one of the major things that one should be doing all the time.
• Career planning plays an important role in growing career of individuals.
•There are various other factors are also involved due to which the
earning opportunities in Pakistan are less as compared to other countries.
Lack of career plaining in
•In Pakistan it represents a sad picture.
•That people do not even realize the worth of making a
career decision on their own.
• The indiviual go on with the wishes of their family or
sometimes friends as elders.
•In pakistan a indiviual become an engineer rather he
wants to become an accountant Because of lack of
Top 5 career professionals in
Managers 60.000 –80.000
Computer Software Engineers
80.000 – 100.000.
Lawyers 90.000 – 120.000 .
Doctors 100.000 – 120.000 .
Dentist 120.000 -140.000
Professional Opportunities in
• “manage your own career, or let change
manage it for you”
• Opportunities exist for new career
paths for information professionals.
• Develop a network of professional
contacts, including mentors
• Become a member of professional
Taking Risks in pakistan.
• Initiate career changes with new ideas.
• Career development is not necessarily about a
steadily upward trend also downward trend in
• Think outside the realm of traditional positions
• In today’s job market, there is more movement
– Portfolio careers – successive, frequent changes-job
Responsibility for one’s own
career in pakistan.
• Be clear about what you want out of life
• Spend time on self-analysis and self-
• Know your skills, abilities, values,
aspirations, wants, needs, dreams and
• Change according to the circumstances
Education & Professional
Pakistan lack in Professional development.
pakistan youth can meet a number of needs:
– It may lead to a new career opportunity
– An injection of motivation and enthusiasm
• The pace at which mid-career stagnation takes
place is accelerating
• An employee can reach a career plateau in as
little as two years
• Fashion Designing
• Commercial Art
• Hotel Management
• Civil Services
Some Career Options
Aspects that influence the progress of
career in pakistan
Individual aspects of career
progress in pakistan.
Organizational aspects of career
Progress in pakistan.
How People Choose Careers in
Special Career Issues for
Organizations and Employees in pakistan
• Career Plateaus
– Employees who are “stuck” at a career level and lack
opportunities for upward mobility.
• Technical and Professional Workers
– Dual-career ladders provide advancement pathways
for specialists and technical employees.
• Dual-Career Couples
– Problems occur when one partner is promoted or
transferred, causing the other partner to have to
Developing Human Resources in pakistan.
• Development and Career Counseling.
– Efforts to improve employees’ ability to handle a
variety of a variety of assignments.
• Developing Needs Analyses
– Assessment Centers
• A collection of instruments and exercises designed to
diagnose individuals’ development needs.
• Intent is to identify management potential in
The Career Counseling Process.
Career management advices
be both specialist and
know yourselfknow your professional
stay mobile, marketable, always