• as of May 2013 , facebook has reached 1.1 billion users !
• in India there are 13 million FB users, they consist of 45 % of internet
users in India.
• worldwide, increase in FB users , by 26%
• 50% of all FB users log on to FB everyday
• average time spent on FB , 20 minutes
• 48% of FB users aged between 18-34 check their FB account as soon as
they wake up !!
• There are 82 million Facebook users in India in which over 40% users are
below 30-years of age.
• almost equal no of female users to male users.
• on Thursday and Fridays , most active days of FB use
• 42% of marketing people claim that FB marketing is
very important and has been beneficial for them.
• India to have 250 million FB users by 2015 !!!
- More than 20 million people
connect with Pages every day.
What can you do on FB page?
1. short profile of company and its products/services.
2. photos and videos relating to your products/services.
3. updates on new products and services.
4. address of office/shop.
5. operating hours and contact details.
6. notices of upcoming events, exhibitions, sales of
7. allows users to post comments and reply to them.
All these activites are done through
1. Wall - The Wall tab serves as the central component of a
Facebook Page and is similar to your personal profile. The
Wall allows your company and your fans to upload
content, such as photos, videos, and notes. These actions
generate updates (called stories on Facebook) and often
display as stories on your fans’ News Feeds.
2. News Feed - A News Feed displays these stories and
publishes any new social actions that take place on your
Page. For example, an addition of a new photo to your
Page is reported as a story on your News Feed.
3. Status Updates - If a company wants to push out a
message, the addition of status updates is a welcome tool
in the Facebook marketer’s toolbox. Like in personal
profiles,Pages allow you, a Page administrator (admin in
Facebook), to send a limitless stream of updates (short
messages up to 160 characters in length),which, in
turn, appear in your fans’ News Feeds.
4. Discussions - Discussions are another standard feature
that allow anyone to create a new topic of conversation
and permit follow-up comments. Members can add to any
discussion by typing their comments in the appropriate
box and clicking the Post Reply button.
So in short the benefits of FB marketing are
-Facebook offers consumer marketers an
excellent brand-building environment,thanks
to its viral marketing capabilities.
-Facebook allows companies to interact with
their customers to gain valuable consumer
-A Facebook Page improves a company’s search
Top Ten Indian FB Pages
TALKING ABOUT THIS
Difference from search
Facebook Ads are integrated into the Facebook user
experience, meaning that advertisers can target potential
customers before they search, offering interaction and
engagement unseen on other advertising platforms.
With search advertising you target users based on what you
think they will be searching for. With Facebook Ads you
target using the information people share and enter in
their profiles. You can target broadly by demographic and
geographic preferences or you can get granular by
targeting people’s specific likes and interests.
Through a series of simple social actions, such as liking
your business’ Facebook page or RSVPing to your
event, people can quickly interact with your
Business, without ever leaving their current page.
When this happens, a user sees a friend’s name in
your ad, giving the ad a personal recommendation.
Just like in real life, recommendations from friends on
Facebook are really powerful. If a user sees a friend’s
name in an ad on Facebook, they are 68% more likely
to remember the ad and twice as likely to remember