This was my first shoot, I like the way he
posed but the image was too close and there
was not enough room at the top for the
masthead. Also his clothing wasn’t suitable
for my genre.
This was my second shoot, I really like the way the
model is looking. But his shirt is little bright and I
thought the background might not go well with
masthead and captions. However after I completed my
third shoot, I realised this could work with little editing.
This was my third shoot, I
redid this because the
colour of his clothes wasn’t
suitable for the front cover
however after taking these
photos I decided not to use
them because of the
background being too pale.
My tutor told me to do six different experiments for masthead. Four
masthead were not relevant to my target audience because they
don’t fit in the style of my genre. The bottom two, I like those
because the font is bolder and stands out more but I had to choose
which one looks the best so I placed them on my front cover and
decided which one was better and it was the yellow one because it
goes well with my background and it is clear to read.
This is my final masthead, I wanted them
to know what ‘MFA’ stands for so I put
‘MUSIC FOR ALL’. The font is different to
this masthead because it is a smaller
masthead so it didn’t need to be as clear.
The white text works well on my
background because it is easier to see
by the readers.
MAKING THE FRONT COVER
First I selected ‘Spot Healing Brush Tool’ to cover the spots and make him to look like he
has good skin. Then I clicked ‘Patch Tool’ so I went all around under his eyes then
dragged and click what colour I wanted to use for under his eyes. The magazine needed to
be A4 size so I changed the size first and put where I wanted the image to be. I didn’t
change the size but you can see it’s looks like it been cropped on the both side and little
on the bottom. I was happy with how I edited it and used this as my front cover.