BA.Honors fron Pearl Academy Of Fashion, Currently working in an Eport House
Megha Mahajan 1
B- 45/46 Minakshi Puram, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh- 210002
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Date of Birth: 28 November 1985
An entry-level position in the field of fashion merchandising and production, where my experience
and background would result in an expanded clientele and a profitable organization with an
opportunity for career growth and personal success.
K.L Mahajan & Sons (Manufacturer and exporter of sport goods and Garments)
Website: www.klmahajan.com (January 2008- Till Date)
Worked in K.LMAHAJAN&SONS for one year and two months, where I was responsible for:
• Developing/planning a sample range for presenting to buyers in trade shows, personal
meetings held outside India.
• Erecting merchandise displays our own range or specs designed by our customers.
• Responsible for price quoting to the buyer based on the business operating cost
• Finding/creating props /raw materials, fabric from different vendors, comparing the quality
and prices, negotiating and placing the orders.
• Entering data/orders into various systems and ensure the integrity of the information.
• Coordinating with the vendors/ buyers about the orders.
• Managing the quality/requisitions and styling of a merchandise
• Schedule creative projects through time and action plan and identify priorities, track process
and monitor production deadlines.
• Follow-up with teams to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Managing inventory through stock replenishment
• Attention to detailed spec packs, utilizing initial flat sketch and concepts. Packs include
BOM, flat sketch with measurements, construction detail, measurement specification with
appropriate tolerances and any predefined performance standards.
• Perform “live quality” to make sure quality concepts and awareness are built into each
process of the factory, sub-contractors and suppliers/vendors dealing in fabric,
printing/embroidery or any raw material.
• Organizing packaging list/packing information to the packing/packaging department.
• Providing Pre or Post shipment documents to the clearing agent or forwarder or buyer.
EXTRA ACTIVITIES: Participated in trade fairs held in Munich Germany(was responsible for
designing and creating visually appealing displays of merchandise, pricing, tagging products and
erecting stall decorations, dressing mannequins, creating and hanging decorations according to the
mood, feel and look of the trade establishments to hold customers attention and ultimately get
them to place orders, had one on one meeting, negotiating, sharing knowledge of products with
buyers in Germany, London, Dubai, Spain.
Megha Mahajan 2
Also worked with designers in the creation of websites and catalogues for the company
GAP Inc. Source And Vendor Development (S &VD)—Liaison Office
Merchandising Trainee (May 2007–September 2007)
This included my following responsibilities;
• Dealing with following Vendors and Mills: Signet, SM Apparels, Gokuldas, East Man Exports,
Texport Overseas, Nishat, Nahar, Haryana Tex.
• Collecting orders from head office through e-mails, personal visits and maintaining follow-up
• Assessing color approvals and prints in coordination with the color department.
• Maintaining quality check from initial stage to the final product by regular supervision, pre-
production meetings and industrial visits.
(Manufacturers and Exporters of Sports Goods and Sports Garments)
Merchandising Trainee (May 2005–August 2005)
This included my following responsibilities:
• Collecting order from buyers via e-mails, personal meets and exhibitions
• Sourcing for the required raw material
• Maintaining follow ups with vendors
• Pushing the sampling process, this is the backbone of the orders
• Assuring the quality of the garments according to the buyer’s requirement from fabric to final
• Supervising the fabric audit and final garment audit
• Monitoring basic tests of fabrics (within and between lot shade variations, shrinkage, elasticity
• Responsible for implementation of styling of the garment
• Supply Chain Management of Denim Jeans at Modelama Exports: In this project I
studied the Supply Chain Metrics at Modelama Exports for the manufacturing of ‘Denim shorts
for Kids’ in relation to the supply chain drivers. , which added to my direct working relationships
with employees in various departments and suppliers and vendors, leading quickly to capacious
amount of data about the details of the fabric, trim and the related ERP applications.
• Merchandise Mix for Men’s Denim Wear: The main objectives of this project is to study the
current trends in Denim Wear, scan the competition in Denim wear, and study their offerings in
terms of merchandise mix, product category, pricing, colors, fabrics, how often do they bring in
new styles etc., analyze consumer preferences in terms of price points, colors, styles, fits etc.
and consumer buying behavior.
• Launching a brand for kids Wear/ Maternity Wear: This comprised of launching a brand/
store, developing a Marketing strategy by studying the current scenario of kids Wear/ Maternity
Wear that included market share and growth rate deciding the store area, brand positing and
image, planning the range & furniture of the store.
• Apparel Online Retailing in India: This included the online purchases of apparel in India,
studying the breakers set in the human psychology while purchasing online. That included the
factors which stopped them from online apparel purchasing, what an Indian organized apparel
company should do, to get going in the current scenario.
Megha Mahajan 3
• Launching of a label in international market: One of the projects included the launching of
a label in international market for a renowned company named MURA Collective (dealing in
Indian traditional textiles). I was involved to identify specific challenges companies face when
crafting worldwide marketing programs, to understand the major factors considered in arriving
at a final price for MURA to retail its brand in an international market (UK), and to execute and
evaluate an advertising program to retail MURA in a global market.
• 2004–2008: B.A—Fashion Merchandising Production Management, Pearl Academy of
Fashion, New Delhi.
• 2003–2004: 10+2, Senior Secondary School Examination, Meerut Public School, Meerut.
• 2001–2002: 10th, Secondary School Examination, Meerut Public School, Meerut.
Skills and Abilities
• Highly competitive, disciplined, dedicated, self motivated and goal-oriented.
• Good sense of style and color
• Ability to communicate ideas and designs
• Good visual and spatial perception
• Ability to work with many different organizations such as management, sales and marketing
• Excellent communication skills demonstrated by ability to work with people of diverse
• Strong interpersonal and problem resolution skills and ability to thrive in both independent and
collaborative work environments.
• Proficient in the use of various operating systems (Windows) as well as various software’s like
MS office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc.) Also Adobe Photoshop, Coral Draw, Illustrator
• Mr Dharam Mahajan
CEO, Owner, K.L.Mahajan&Sons
Contact No. 9837075413
• Ms. Eashanee Mahajan
Senior Manager, Invincible Fitness.
Contact No. 09368770181
• Mr. Satish Naik
Quality Audit Director, GAP Inc.
Contact No. 9810044029
• Mr. Anil Madan (OLD NAVY, Kids, Girls)
Senior Merchandiser, GAP Inc.
Contact No. 9811199584
• Ms. Shikha Narang (Old NAVY Women’s)
Megha Mahajan 4
Merchandiser, GAP Inc.