1. SOCIAL MEDIA FOR REALTORS Phone: 251-261-4080 WWW.VIRTU-ASSIST.COM
2. WHAT IS SOCIAL MEDIA? <ul><li>Social Media is </li></ul><ul><li>An umbrella term that defines the various activities that integrate technology, social interaction, and the construction of communication in various media forms including words, pictures and video. </li></ul><ul><li>Social Media is interactive communication. </li></ul><ul><li>Social Networking is defined by linking people to each other in some way . Examples include social network websites like Facebook, social bookmarking, wikis, groups, etc. </li></ul>
3. Why Do You Need Social Media? Let’s Get The Facts…
4. Social Media is the #1 Activity on the Internet!
5. By 2010 Gen Y will outnumber Baby Boomers…. 96% of them have joined a social network!
6. Only 14% of consumers trust advertisements… 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations! Word of Mouth matters-do you know what people are saying about you?
7. More than 300 Million Users … Share over 1.5 million pieces of content on Facebook… every day! Purpose-built Facebook pages have created more than 5.3 billion fans!
8. 3 OUT OF 4 AMERICANS USE SOCIAL TECHNOLOGY! 2/3 OF THE GLOBAL POPULATION VISIT SOCIAL NETWORKS!
9. 70% of bloggers are organically talking about brands on their blog.
10. 100,000,000 The number of YouTube videos viewed each day! 13 HOURS… the amount of video uploaded to YouTube every minute!
11. 1382% The monthly growth rate of Twitter users from Jan-Feb 2009! 3,000,000 The average number of Tweets per day on Twitter!
12. 93% OF SOCIAL MEDIA USERS BELIEVE A COMPANY SHOULD HAVE A PRESENCE IN SOCIAL MEDIA. 85% OF SOCIAL MEDIA USERS BELIEVE A COMPANY SHOULD GO FURTHER THAN JUST HAVING A PRESENCE ON SOCIAL SITES & SHOULD ALSO INTERACT WITH ITS CUSTOMERS.
13. Social Media & Real Estate 90% of homebuyers use the Internet to search for information and homes! First time home buyers are the fastest growing segment in the market today. 50% of all homebuyers are on social networking websites!
14. Only 18% of traditional televison campaigns generate a positive ROI. Direct Mail response is down 90% . Social Media is still growing by 10% a month!
15. Social Media is so much more than marketing… Customer Service Public Relations Loyalty-Building Collaboration Networking SEO
16. NOW YOU KNOW WHY YOU NEED TO USE SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING. LET’S TALK ABOUT HOW TO USE IT…
17. Social Media Can Help You: <ul><li>Reach New Clients & Get New Leads </li></ul><ul><li>Protect Your Brand & Image </li></ul><ul><li>Grow your Network & Sphere of Influence </li></ul><ul><li>Generate more Sales </li></ul><ul><li>Create Consumer Loyalty to Increase Referrals </li></ul>
18. <ul><li>Create your user account </li></ul><ul><li>Create a business page to generate Fans </li></ul><ul><li>Create a group: First Time Home Buyers, etc. </li></ul><ul><li>Advertise on Facebook (easily target your leads) </li></ul><ul><li>Use status updates to stay in front of your network </li></ul><ul><li>Be professional-remember that your clients and peers are reading these posts! </li></ul><ul><li>Don’t fake it-no one will appreciate it. </li></ul><ul><li>Show your personality—not your Sales Pitch—don’t blatantly advertise to your network—it will just seem like SPAM! </li></ul>How to Start with Facebook:
19. Marketing Ideas for Facebook: <ul><li>Use your current database and suggest they become a Fan on your Facebook page. </li></ul><ul><li>Include each Sold Listing on your page…take a picture of the home buyers or sellers and add that to the page. Then you can tag them—this will be shared on their profiles! </li></ul><ul><li>Import your external blog-this keeps your Fan page updated with fresh content without you having to constantly update it. </li></ul><ul><li>Add your virtual tour videos to your page and then post links to your website with the post. </li></ul><ul><li>Offer a subscription box to capture emails—such as What is Your Home Worth, or First Time Home Buyers Guide, etc. </li></ul><ul><li>Include customer loyalty perks for sharing your Fan page! </li></ul>
20. <ul><li>Create your user account </li></ul><ul><li>Create a custom background-stand out from the crowd </li></ul><ul><li>Follow others-this helps build your network </li></ul><ul><li>Include your tweets on your blog or website </li></ul><ul><li>Add a Follow Me button to your social profiles </li></ul><ul><li>Use status updates to stay in front of your network </li></ul><ul><li>Search—you can see what is trending and participate in conversations </li></ul>How to Start with Twitter:
21. The Importance of Blogging: <ul><li>Use your blog to show your expertise </li></ul><ul><li>Use your blog to promote your listings </li></ul><ul><li>Use your blog to promote yourself </li></ul><ul><li>Use your blog to improve SEO </li></ul><ul><li>Use your blog to generate referrals </li></ul><ul><li>Use your blog to connect with other agents </li></ul><ul><li>Where can you blog: </li></ul><ul><li>Wordpress, Blogger, ActiveRain, Realtor.com </li></ul>
22. <ul><li>Create your user account </li></ul><ul><li>Update Your Profile </li></ul><ul><li>Link to your website, blog and other social networks </li></ul><ul><li>Join Groups </li></ul><ul><li>Participate by answering questions </li></ul><ul><li>Make connections & grow your network </li></ul><ul><li>Find a job or post jobs </li></ul><ul><li>Primary Purpose-Professional Networking </li></ul>How to Start with LinkedIn
23. Feeling Overwhelmed with Social Media?
24. We Can Help You Plan Your Strategy!
25. Social Media is not about being everywhere—all the time! Just adding profiles to countless websites and social networks is not social media marketing. Social Media Marketing should be strategic and targeted directly to get you the best ROI (Return on Investment). Social Media requires more than setting up an account-it requires interaction and participation to generate results.
26. A Different Strategy for Social Media We are different. Unlike public relations firms that look at social media as another way to distribute press releases, or search engine optimization firms that look at social media as a way to boost page rank, Virtu-Assist is one of the first companies to take a holistic approach to using social media tactics, techniques, networks, and tools for corporate marketing and brand building. We will help you build your brand, get more traffic to your website, get more leads, generate more sales and help you turn your consumers into fans! We understand the fundamental differences between traditional marketing techniques and what it takes to really use social media to it's fullest capabilities. Social media marketing is a science and we have the right formula to get you the results you need. We work with you based on your individual needs and budget in mind to develop the most effective social media strategy - giving you the highest return on investment.
27. LET’S TAKE A LOOK AT SOME OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA PLANS WE OFFER
28. Includes creation of over 20 top social media network accounts. Customer Support & One-on-On Training! A strategic plan which is customized just for you! Hourly Training & Consulting also available. Social Media Marketing Plans: One-On-One Training Webinars & E-Books 5 submissions 5 submissions Stumble Upon, Del.ico.us, Reddit, Digg, Technorati Follow Me Buttons Created AddThis Button Created Real Voices WannaNetwork ActiveRain Trulia Zillow Flickr Squidoo SlideShare Google Business Submission Blog Setup/Update MySpace YouTube LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Profile & Business Fan page Realtors Package Professional Social Media Resources & Networks