Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
The Power of Influence      Megan Berry     Founder, LiftFive      @meganberry
Why You Need Influencers1. 90% of people trust friends and peers, only 33% trust online ads - Nielsen2. 6.2% of adults prod...
What is Influence?
It’s not a popularity contest
It’s not about followers
in•flu•ence: the ability to driveaction
Social ActionsClicks   Conversations   Messages   Lists
The Klout Score          20 (average)0                                           100    Inactive                     Most ...
❝ For a service to succeed, it  needs to attract those early  adopters who can help propel  a strong population         ❞ ...
Virgin America Perk
How do you win over   influencers?
It’s an information economy.
Community
Recognize their Contributions
Thanks! Questions?Would love to hear from you      @meganberry   megan@liftfive.com
The Power of Online Influence
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

The Power of Online Influence

836

Published on

Gave this presentation for a mediabistro social media bootcamp on the power of influence -- how to find influencers and how to interact with them. The slides are just the start of the convo but wanted to share them.

Published in: Business
0 Comments
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
836
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • \n
  • Transcript of "The Power of Online Influence"

    1. 1. The Power of Influence Megan Berry Founder, LiftFive @meganberry
    2. 2. Why You Need Influencers1. 90% of people trust friends and peers, only 33% trust online ads - Nielsen2. 6.2% of adults produce 80% of influencer impressions - Forrester3. “You tend the 1%, they tend the other 99%” - Dr Michael Wu
    3. 3. What is Influence?
    4. 4. It’s not a popularity contest
    5. 5. It’s not about followers
    6. 6. in•flu•ence: the ability to driveaction
    7. 7. Social ActionsClicks Conversations Messages Lists
    8. 8. The Klout Score 20 (average)0 100 Inactive Most Influential
    9. 9. ❝ For a service to succeed, it needs to attract those early adopters who can help propel a strong population ❞ - Louis Gray
    10. 10. Virgin America Perk
    11. 11. How do you win over influencers?
    12. 12. It’s an information economy.
    13. 13. Community
    14. 14. Recognize their Contributions
    15. 15. Thanks! Questions?Would love to hear from you @meganberry megan@liftfive.com

    ×