Mehmet ÖzTurkish-American cardiothoracic surgeon
Accomplishments• Doctors of the Year Hippocrates Magazine• Healers of the Millennium Healthy LivingMagazine• Best Doctors of the Year New York Magazine• Global Leader of Tomorrow at the 1999 WorldEconomic Forum meeting• Research Award, American Society of LaserMedicine and Surgery, 1991
Field of research• Heart surgery,• Cardiothoracic surgery,• Mitral and aortic valve surgery,• Adult cardiac transplantation,• Mechanical heart assistance• Coronary by bass• Aneurysm surgery
António Rosa Damásio• Portuguese behavioral neurologist andneuroscientist
Research interest• neurobiology of the mind• neural systems which subserve memory,language, emotion, and decision-making
Field of research• behavioral neurology• philosophy and its relations toneurobiology
Books Published• Descartes Error: Emotion, Reason andthe Human Brain• The Feeling of What Happens: Body andEmotion in the Making of Consciousness• Looking for Spinoza: Joy, Sorrow, and theFeeling Brain
Accomplishments• His second book is one of the ten bestbooks of 2001 by New York Times BookReview, a Publishers Weekly Best Book ofthe Year, a Library Journal Best Book ofthe Year• Descartes Error: was nominated for theLos Angeles Times Book Award
Daniel Goleman• (born March 7, 1946) is an author,psychologist, and sciencejournalist
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;what is essential is invisible to the eye.”-Antoine de Saint-Exupery• Emotional intelligence, or EQ, is the abilityto understand your own emotions andthose of people around you.• The concept of emotional intelligencemeans you have a self-awareness thatenables you to recognise feelings andhelps you manage your emotions.
• The areas that Emotional Intelligencepromotes are:. Emotional Resilience. Motivation. Interpersonal Sensitivity. Influence. Decisiveness. Self-Awareness. Conscientiousness and Integrity
• . Self-Awareness. Social Awareness. Self-Management. Social Skills
• Your mind is like a garden, which can be cultivated orneglected, and you are its master gardener. You cancultivate this garden, or you can ignore it and let itdevelop whatever way it will. But make no mistake: youwill reap the harvest of your work or neglect.• Your mind creates your reality. You can choose toaccept this or not. You can be conscious of it and haveyour mind working for you, or you can ignore it and allowit to work in ways that will hinder and hold you back. Butyour mind will always and forever be creating yourreality.• John Kehoe
• “Anyone can become angry - that iseasy. But to be angry with the rightperson, to the right degree, at the righttime, for the right purpose, and in theright way–this is not easy.”• Aristotle
• Self Awareness - a deep understanding of one’semotions, strengths and weaknesses, an ability toaccurately and honestly self-assess.• Self Management - the control and regulation of one’semotions, the ability to stay calm, clear and focusedwhen things do not go as planned, the ability for selfmotivation and initiative.• Social Awareness - the ability to consider employees’feelings in the process of making intelligent decisionseither on a one-to-one basis or as a group.• Relationship Management - the ability to communicate,influence, collaborate and work with colleagues.