• A Team is a group of people with
complimentary skills who are committed to a
common purpose, or goals for which they hold
themselves mutually accountable.
• A leader is a person who lead himself, a
team, a group of people, or an entity to reach
a common goal.
• A boss is a person who control, make
decisions, dominates, or have authority over a
team, group of people, or an organization
4. Boss VS Leader
5. Leader vs boss
Leadership is a function of knowing
yourself, having a vision that is well
communicated, building trust among
colleagues, and taking effective action to
realize your own leadership potential."
Prof. Warren Bennis
7. Types of Leadership
1. Self Leadership
2. Team Leadership
3. Leadership through exchange
8. Team Leadership
• Listen to other’s opinion.
• Consider other’s suggestions.
• Include every member in everything.
• Encourage and motivate the team.
• Having a vision.
• Determine a goal.
• Tracking of performance and results.
• Having milestones.
9. Leadership through exchange
10. YOU CANNOT LEAD OTHERS
UNLESS YOU LEAD YOURSELF
11. Leadership Styles
Free Rein Paternalistic
• Leader makes decisions without
reference to anyone else.
• Controls team discussion.
• Dominates interaction
• Independently sets rules and
• Individually directs the completion
• Poor listener
• Distribute responsibility
• Encourages decision making
from different perspectives.
• Empower group members to improve
• May help motivation and
• Good listener.
• Improves the sharing of ideas
and experiences within the team.
14. Free Rein
• Team members have all the rights and power to make
• Responsibilities are shared on everybody.
• Leaders provide the tools and resources needed for the
members to operate.
• Group members are expected to solve problems on their own.
• The team get very little guidance from leader.
• Leader acts as a ‘father figure’ for the team.
• Leader is responsible of taking care of the team.
• Paternalistic leader makes decision but may consult
• Believes in the need to support staff
• Team follows any instruction given by the leader.