Clinical Cases in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Women’s Health, second edition is the latest addition to the popular Clinical Cases collection.
This handy, lab coat pocket-sized book broadly covers the whole range of obstetric and gynaecological problems likely to come into the path of the busy junior hospital doctor or general practi¬tioner, yet it is not a textbook providing simply a list of differential diagnoses and treatments.
Written by experienced Australian medical practitioners and academics and following the core curriculum in Australia and New Zealand and the United Kingdom, this second edition contains 50 cases inspired by real life patient presentations.
Each case takes a methodical, problem-based learning approach, simulating a patient consultation and questioning the reader as they go along to encourage critical thinking and test clinical decision making skills.
• Problem-based learning scenarios encourage critical thinking and demonstrate what should take place in the way of consultation, investigations and treatment.
• The ‘Whole Woman Approach’ goes beyond the clinical aspects to consider emotional, social and psychological aspects of care required.
• Clinical comments and Clinical pearls reinforce key points and expand on important issues.
• Ten brand new cases including; vaccination in pregnancy, Meyer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser syndrome; screening for fetal abnormality; late termination and Azoospermia.
• Multiple choice practice and test questions for Clinical Cases in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Women’s Health are now available in an app of the same name for both smart phones and tablets from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Clinical Cases in Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Women’s Health, second edition is the must-have case reference tool for the busy junior doctor or general practitioner.