1. Welcome everyone. I’m glad you choice this particular session
In 2010, financial campaigns were under exposed by __% , the most efficient campaigns operated at campaign frequency of 4
Challenge: Client have been running multiple campaigns that tried to drive site traffic and on-site conversion with industry average success. The client challenged us to find smarter ways to do that and increase key KPIs such as CTR.Solution: MediaMind partnered with Invite Media to tag and find site visitors in different stages of interest.Users who either browsed or placed in cart any un-purchased items that were over $25 were tagged with a custom cookie created by MediaMind and passed on to Invite Media.Invite found relevant users in the exchenge.MediaMind served relevant messages to users based on the interest that they expressed and using the store's database product feed featuring over 50,000 of their products Results: Retargeting consumers resulted in an above average high CTR of 1.3 to 1.5%. Without any holiday or special promotions attached, the campaign yielded better than expected results by carefully retargeting the consumers with products that they were interested in.
Solution: MediaMind partnered with Invite Media to tag and find site visitors in different stages of interest.Users who either browsed or placed in cart any un-purchased items that were over $25 were tagged with a custom cookie created by MediaMind and passed onto Invite Media.Invite found relevant users in the exchange.MediaMind served relevant messages to users based on the interest that they expressed and using the store's database product feed featuring over 50,000 of their products Results: Retargeting consumers resulted in an above average high CTR of 1.3 to 1.5%. Without any holiday or special promotions attached, the campaign yielded better than expected results by carefully retargeting the consumers with products that they were interested in.
Client: Porsche Challenge: The luxury brand which was well-known for performance launched a new fuel-efficient model and wanted to engage potential consumers and increase awareness to the new modelSolution: The client leveraged MediaMind's geo-targeting capabilities to personalize the new brand message and engage consumersThe brand message focused on the driving range of the new model and identified pairs of major metropolitans across the country with this driving range. Then, a series of geo-targeted banners addressed consumers living in those metropolitans highlighting that they can now drive to the "sister metropolitan" without refuelingResults: Dwell for the targeted brand messages went through the roof with lift of xxx% over non-targeted messages.
Make Better Use Of Owned Data – Credit cards, checking accounts, home loans, consumer investment services all have the same customer, yet are marketed in silos. Eliminate as many of the lines drawn between the data from separate products and even the same product with separate goals Brand/DR. Instead of organize data silos around different products organize the data consolidation around the consumer
Organize Data Points Around Consumer – Multiple products, multiple campaigns, multiple channels. Create tagging systems that can delineate between consumer life stages.
Sensory Logic is a neuromarketing research firm based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Sensory Logic specializes in quantifying emotional response through the facial coding tool conceived by Charles Darwin and developed into the Facial Coding Action System (FACS) by Dr. Paul Ekman and his colleague Wally Friesen. Facial coding provides an Internet-compatible way to gauge emotional response through "micro expressions" and a test subject’s facial muscle activity, Ipsos is an independent company managed and controlled by research professionals.Our ambition is to make Ipsos our clients’ preferred research company. For this, we have grown Ipsos into an international group and we have recruited the best professionals to assist us in all major markets.We have chosen to specialise our business and to place expertise at the core of our activity. We aim at delivering high quality information adding significant value detailed with explanations and advice for immediate use.Our objective: maintain a solid financial performance higher than the market’s and develop responsibly, taking care to make the best use of Ipsos’ means and resources.
1. Shortchanging Your Success? <br />Common Strategic Slips In Digital Planning <br />Nick Talbert | Director, Communication Strategy<br />@nicktalbert | @mediamind<br />
2. MediaMind Context <br />Global Offices:41<br />Your Logo<br />Countries Served: 63<br />Advertisers:9000<br />I’m still concerned about my account <br />Monthly Impressions Served: 60 Billion<br />I’m not convinced <br />Little better<br />Unique Users: 750 Million<br />Ok, that’s big <br />Ok Ok…I get it, scale isn’t an issue <br />Server Request per Second:50 Thousand<br />Network Bandwidth: 16 Gigs per second<br />
3. DG’s Digital Armada<br />Neutral Technology Partner<br />Multi-Screen, Cross-Channel<br />Enhanced Service Level <br />(+ Eyewonder&Unicast)<br />
4. Agenda <br />
5. Disclaimer<br />The following are all real life examples… but some of the names have been changedto protect the innocent <br />
6. REACH AND FREQUENCY<br />FOR DIGITAL?<br />
7. Campaign Results - CTR<br />* MM US Benchmarks per site, 2010<br />
8. Campaign had a high average frequency at 3.8<br />Publisher A placements had an average frequency of 22<br />Relatively low ratio of reach to frequency<br />R&F Can Create False Results <br />
9. Optimal Frequency <br />ROI by frequency<br />Optimal Frequency ROIis calculated by looking at the average conversion rate combined with the CPA goal and average cost of media. <br />The break even point is at 100% ROI. This is when costs and revenue are equal. <br />Scenario C<br />Campaign Goal: <br />$20 CPA<br />Avg. Media Cost:<br />$2 CPM<br />Scenario A<br />Campaign Goal: <br />$40 CPA<br />Avg. Media Cost:<br />$10 CPM<br />Scenario B <br />Campaign Goal: <br />$40 CPA<br />Avg. Media Cost:<br />$5 CPM<br />
10. Correlation To Frequency And CTR <br />After frequency of 5, CTR dropped considerably <br />Frequency levels over 5 accounted for 39% of impressions, but only accounted for 3.7 % of the clicks<br />Over 3,000,000 impressions were served to frequency levels above 30<br />
16. Understanding Available Data for Segmentation<br />Available From Publisher Or 3rd Party<br />Available Through Ad Server <br />Geography <br />Retargeting<br />Demographic<br />Keyword Or Intent Data<br />$$<br />$$$$<br />55+<br />18-24<br />
18. Segmentation of Digital Audiences <br />media plan<br />interacted with marketing<br /> not interacted with marketing<br />engaged with an ad<br />not responded to previous offer<br />visited the website<br />has never seen an offer<br />
19. Using Segmentation <br />Version A<br />Version B<br />never seen offer<br />seen a previous offer<br />visited the web<br />engaged with ads<br />Version C<br />Version D<br />
20. Segment Retargeting<br />Site Visitors<br />Browsed for Products<br />Placed Item/s in Cart<br />Completed a Purchase<br />$1<br />$5<br />Do Not Retarget<br />
27. Good Testing And The Waste Of Time…<br />Prices in the copy increased CTR by 67% over campaign average<br />The CTA ‘Shop Now’ was more effective at driving clicks by 61%<br />The 300x250 was nearly 70% more effective than campaign average<br />Adding 2 CTAs increased the CTR by 85 %<br />Messages with1-2 lines per headline, generally did well compared to the campaign average , by nearly 40% <br />The One Perfect Ad<br />
32. The Ideal Funnel<br />Visited website, and interacted with ads<br />Never interacted, new customer<br />Some interaction, no conversion<br />Change of direction<br />End of the Funnel<br />Group A<br />Group B<br />Group C<br />Group D<br />Consumer Purchase Cycle - Automotive <br />
33. Emphasis Placed On One Or The Other<br />Awareness<br />Conversion<br />
34. The Effects Of Branding On DR <br />In April 2011, IPSOS and Sensory Logic did a study the effects of DR metrics when ‘branding’ style creative objectives/tactics were added to the campaign <br />Campaigns were from aggregated and then creative was isolated into categories 40 different heavy online advertisers within 10 different verticals <br />
35. Relating Brand Metrics to Desired Action<br />Dwell is a brand metric, measuring time spent ‘interacting with ad’<br />Study shows correlation with campaigns with high dwell (Avg. 43 sec) and the increase in desired consumer actions <br />Study was a combined effort between MediaMind and Comscore<br />
36. Control Consumer Creative Experiences <br />Apply ad settings across campaign apply to audience cookies, not placements<br />Ex. Sequencing across publishers <br />1<br />2<br />3<br />Ad Settings<br />Sequencing <br />Frequency Capping <br />Geo-Targeting <br />Retargeting <br />Keyword Targeting<br />Demo Targeting<br />Ex. Frequency capping across publishers <br />Rich<br />Rich<br />Standard<br />