Cover photo: There are guidelines. Can convey brand message, must be 851 x 315 pixels must not include pricing or purchase info, contact information, calls to action.Profile photo must be 180 x 180 pixels. Only visitors and fans of the page can initiate private messaging – not the business. Can be turned off. Can pin important content to the top of the page and star it. You can rearrange tabs and no longer set a custom landing page but you can edit the images of custom pages. Custom tabs should be 111 x 74 pixels.
Example of an item being highlighted.
Apps or tabs can now be made more of a feature. But they can no longer be set as welcome or landing pages.
How an app worked previously – reduced width because of Facebook page layout.
Content includes apps.
Cover can be animated and also display promotional messages. Can be one large image or 5 small ones.Large image is 940 x 180 pixels and small ones 110 x 100 pixels each. Profile photo 250 x 250 pixels.Left navigation show things like hangouts more prominently.
Good example of how creative you can be even in a sector which is not naturally image-driven.
And one that is easy!
You can see the pin history of an item and join in the conversation.
Some interesting facts are emerging, in particular the “stickiness” of this social medium.
But look at the numbers of visitors…. It’s holding its own among some of the well established social media players.
This is how you will start to see the “pin” button.
Before I show you this I must tell you that it’s a US based video so the demographic profile is different from the UK currently. Just the beginning bit….
1. Online Marketing Bootcamp 17th May 2012www.mediamatters-pr.co.uk
16. •13 million users in 10 months worldwide •Average user age on the UK is 25 – 34 •UK users around 250,000 •UK users 56% male whereas US 83% female www.pinterest.comwww.mediamatters-pr.co.uk
17. What is Pinterest? “Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard. Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes. Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.”www.mediamatters-pr.co.uk
24. Pinterest for business • Retail product • Add Pinterest follow or pin it button • Link to Twitter for brand • Crowd-sourcing • Links back to your websitewww.mediamatters-pr.co.uk
25. Suggested sectors • Clothing • Health care • Food/drinks, • Personal care especially recipe-driven • Home improvement/DIY accessories • Architecture • Pets • Interior design • Kids products/toys • Wedding themed • Travel • Technology • Sportswww.mediamatters-pr.co.uk
27. Google search updatewww.mediamatters-pr.co.uk
28. Penguin update April 2012 • Focus on bad links • Authority websites more trusted than ever • Anchor text change • Targets sites with no or low quality contentwww.mediamatters-pr.co.uk
29. Penguin update continued • Impacts around 3% of searched compared to 12% impacted by Panda • Building on Panda update • Authors become important for articles and blogswww.mediamatters-pr.co.uk
30. What can you do? • Check Google webmaster tools for bad- link messages • Focus on good, quality content • Check your back-links • Generate links through genuine social content and online PRwww.mediamatters-pr.co.uk
32. Online Marketing Bootcamp 17th May 2012www.mediamatters-pr.co.uk