Q4
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×
 

Like this? Share it with your network

Share

Q4

on

  • 240 views

 

Statistics

Views

Total Views
240
Views on SlideShare
188
Embed Views
52

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0

2 Embeds 52

http://jamesa2media.tumblr.com 51
http://assets.txmblr.com 1

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

Q4 Presentation Transcript

  • 1.  Before I even began my research, I set up a blog on Tumblr where I would post my coursework to. It is a great and helpful site to use for media coursework as it allows you to post videos, pictures, links to websites and embedded content. My research began on doing a case study on a film that would be the same genre as my finished product. I picked 'The Cabin in the Woods' and used Microsoft PowerPoint on the computer to present my case study with text and pictures. I then saved each slide as a JPEC image and uploaded it to my blog. (See pictures below and to the right).
  • 2.  I then used Prezi.com to make a slide for key terms I will be using in my coursework such as masthead, voice over, tagline, strap line - and then I put a definition of each underneath. Presenting it in that way made it easy when looking back over them.
  • 3.  I then began researching into similar products; so I looked at 3 different horror trailers on YouTube to analyse. I screen grabbed several moments of the trailers and pasted them onto Mirosoft PowerPoint where I was able to add annotations to them of my analysis of the scene. I then saved them as a jpec and put it on my blog. I also looked at 3 magazine front covers and 3 film posters of my genre. To analyse them though I set up a spider diagram for each one, with the picture in the middle and gave annotations round it. It was easy to do this as I set up an account on spiderscribe.com where you can do this on the computer. I then put links them on my blog. Below is an example for ‘The Woman in Black’ poster I analysed.
  • 4.  I researched into my target audience by looking at the UK Film council's demographics for horror films. I edited the picture using 'Paint' circling and pointing arrows and the demographics I was aiming for (age, gender, working class). This was effective looking back at the post and I was able to identify the audience I was aiming at straight away.
  • 5.  My planning began with a Wordle I made on the internet and a Spider diagram on spider scribe of ideas.
  • 6.  After I had uploaded these to my blog I began drawing a hand sketched draft of my storyboard, magazine front cover and film poster. I took a photo of them using my camera on my phone and uploaded them via my phone on my Tumblr app (as the picture to the right shows).
  • 7.  I then made a risk assessment, location, planning and costumes post using the blog post on Tumblr. Later I then added pictures I had taken behind the scenes of the location, character's costumes etc to add to the posts. (An example of the props of costumes post is on the right).
  • 8.  For my teaser trailer I used a variety of technology such as video camera with a tripod (as seen in the picture on the left below), a Mac with the editing software iMovie and Google for finding copyright free music/fonts.(as seen on the picture on the right below).
  • 9.  I used an app called ‘GhostCam’ on my tablet and I used an old photo from about a 100 years ago and edited a ‘ghost face’ in front of it. Below shows how I did it.  This is how it looked in the trailer:
  • 10. I took the photo using a DSLR camera with a dark lighting setting. Then I added text and fonts round the image using text boxes. Here is how the picture looked when I viewed it on the computer. Magazine Front Cover I then used the editing software ‘Gimp’ to cut around the photo. I pasted it onto a black background.
  • 11. Film Poster I took the photo with the same DSLR camera in pitch black with a flash on to get that glowing effect with the laptop in his face. I then edited the software on ‘Gimp’ editing the contrast/brightness to a dark level. I then added fonts to it using text boxes.
  • 12. I used SurveyMonkey.com for my audience feedback. I did one survey for the teaser trailer and the other for the film poster/magazine. (They are clearer on my blog on Tumblr).
  • 13. For question 1 of the evaluation I used Windows Movie maker as it was a good way of getting my point across with use of pictures/videos/text. I also did a spider scribe for the poster and another for the magazine to answer the question relating to them.
  • 14. For Evaluation Question 2 I used SpiderScribe.com on the computer as it was a good way to compare my magazine front cover, film poster and teaser trailer.
  • 15. I found answering evaluation question 3 on a video a good way to approach it. And for evaluation question 4 I obviously did it on Slideshare via PowerPoint as it was a good way to present it!