Media and ICT for Teaching : “ Preposition of Place ” 200531044A
Preposition of Place
What is preposition of place?
Kinds of preposition of place
Examples using “in”
Examples using “on”
Examples using “at”
What is preposition of place?? Preposition of place is preposition which is used to explain place
Kinds of Preposition of Place
In : used for an enclosed space
On : used for a surface
At : used for a point
Pattern Subject + Predicate + Object + Adverb of Place (included of preposition of place)
Examples using “in” :
Using “in” :
- I work in a office.
- I live in Japan.
- I have a meeting in LA.
- Earth is in the Solar System.
Examples using “on” :
Using “on” :
- There was a “no smoking” sign on the wall.
- The author’s name is on your cover book.
- You are standing on my foot.
Examples using “at” :
Using “at” :
- I’m waiting for you at the bus stop.
- The shop is at the end of the street.
- When will you arrive at the office?
Exercise Indah is an elementery student. She lives … Medan. Every morning, she likes to go to her school on foot. So, she don’t need to wait bus … the bus stop. Her school is not too far from her house. Her school is … Merdeka Street and her class is … the third floor of the school. She always happy if she go to school.