2. Visit Us Online! <ul><li>www.meadereads.org </li></ul>
3. Check Out Our E-Readers, E-Books, and Free Downloads! Download free music, videos, audiobooks, and e-books by visiting our website, www.meadereads.org
4. Visit the Bookmobile! Are you unable to get to the Meade County Public Library? Do you know that the MCPL Bookmobile can bring the library to you? You can borrow books, magazines, audio books, movies, documentaries, and more at this library on wheels! Call 422-2094 for a complete schedule of stops or request a visit to your community.
5. If We Don’t Have It, We’ll Find It For You! We’ll do whatever it takes to connect you with the information you need. If a book isn’t already in our collection, we’ll try to borrow it from another library- all at no cost to you!
6. Adult Programs
7. Free Computer Classes Word & Professional E-mailing Monday, February 6, 5:00-6:30 PM Beginning Computers for Seniors Thursday, February 9, 2:00-3:30 PM PowerPoint Monday, February 13, 5:00-6:30 PM Online Resume & Job Search Thursday, February 16, 5:00-6:30 PM Excel Monday, February 20, 5:00-6:30 PM
8. Zumba Mondays • 9:30-10:30 AM Thursdays • 6:30-7:30 PM Ditch the workout and join the party! Zumba is a Latin-inspired, easy to follow fitness party. Zumba’s fusion of international rhythms gets you moving, dancing, burning calories, and having fun!
9. Yoga Wednesdays • 10:00 AM & 6:30 PM Improve your posture, mood, and concentration with free yoga classes! In addition to its stress-relieving capabilities, yoga has been doctor recommended for its core strengthening and spinal stabilization. All levels of experience welcome and no registration necessary.
10. Beginning Yoga Wednesdays • 5:00 PM This class is a perfect introduction to the many physical and mental benefits of yoga. No experience needed and all equipment is provided. Please sign up at the front desk .
11. Art Quilting Fridays • 11:00 AM -2:00 PM Quilts will keep you warm during this cold month, but join us to make a quilt that is more than just a blanket… It is ART! Ask at the front desk for details.
12. NaamYoga Saturdays • 9:00-10:30 AM Simple breath work and harmony of movement for eliminating stress and promoting vitality to organize, synchronize, coordinate and redirect your inner forces toward self-healing and happiness .
13. Book Discussion Tuesday, February 7 • 6:00-8:00 PM Join our friendly and lively book discussion of “ Prodigal Summer” by Barbara Kingsolver. Copies of the book are available at the front desk.
14. Tunes and Tales with the Heartland Dulcimer Club Monday, February 20 • 6:00-7;00 PM Relax and learn about the history, making and playing of the dulcimer as you listen to the sounds of Kentucky history.
15. Writing Group Wednesday, February 8 & 22 • 5:00-7:00 PM Interested in writing novels, poems, short stories or anything else, join the MCPL Writing Group.
16. Mystery Book Discussion Thursday, February 23 • 12:30-2:30 PM Join a suspenseful and intriguing mystery book discussion of a “ Step On a Crack” by James Patterson. Copies of the book are available at the front desk.
17. Diabetes Workshop Wednesday, February 22 • 9:00-11:00 AM Learn how to prevent and manage diabetes. Come with all of your questions.
18. Basket Weaving Wednesday, February 29 • 10:00-4:00 Discover the art of basket weaving! All levels of experience welcome and participants are asked to bring their own supplies. See front desk for details.
19. Preschool and Toddler Programs
20. Take the 50 Books Challenge and help your child prepare for success in school while earning prizes at the same time! Read or listen to all the books on our list of classic titles and receive a goodie bag, certificate, and FREE PRIZE BOOK to add to your home library. Lists are available for ages 0-12 th grade, so the more you read, the more you win! See the Children’s Desk for more information.
21. Totally Nonstop Toddlertime Mondays • 10:00-10:30 AM & 4:00-4:30 PM • Ages 0-3 Sing songs, make music, and shake out wiggles at this energetic story time! This is a perfect way to introduce your child to the library, help them socialize, and learn important early literacy skills.
22. Story Hour Tuesdays • 10:30-11:30 AM • Ages 3-6 Join us for stories, rhymes, music, sign language, a craft, and other activities that help promote literacy and language skills.
23. Arts and Kids Wednesdays, February 1, 15 & 29 • 10:30-11:30 AM • Ages 2-6 Express yourself through music, dance, and art--and let the library clean up the mess! Experiment with different mediums and come ready to get creative. Art smocks provided.
24. Pages & Play Wednesdays, February 8 & 22 • 10:30-11:30 AM • Ages 2-6 Help children learn literacy skills through creative play with the library’s collection of educational toys.
25. Evening Story Hour Wednesdays • 4:30-5:30 PM • All Ages Can’t make it to the morning story hour, then this is the time for you. All ages can join the fun of listening to stories, making crafts, doing activities and having fun.
26. Kindergarten 101 Thursdays • 10:30-11:30 AM • Ages 4-5 Get ready for school success in this storytime that focuses on skills needed in kindergarten. Children attend independently while an adult caregiver remains in the library.
27. Little Princess Valentine Party Monday, February 6 • 6:00-7:00 PM • Ages 3-6 Sweetheart crafts… & Sweet cupcakes…
28. Preschool Dance Party Saturday, February 11 • 10:00-11:00 AM • Ages 3-6 Bring your rhythm and dancing shoes. It is time for our own dance party. Make music, get the wiggles out and learn about being active through dance.
29. Family Programs
30. Craft Rerun Thursday, February 2 • 5:30-7:00 PM Did you miss any of the January programs or want to repeat them? Drop in an join this program!
31. Homeshool Adventures Fridays, February 3 & 17 • 1:00-2:00 PM February 3: A Cloudy Day February 17: All About the Presidents!
32. Valentine Games Monday, February 13 • 5:30-6:30 PM Steal my heart, pin the heart on the cupid and pass the heart! Everyone wins for Valentine’s Day!
33. President’s Day Program Friday, February 17 • 10:30-11:30 AM Presidents were kids too!
34. Super Saturday: Native Americans Saturday, February 18 • 12:00-1:30 PM Crafts with bear claw beads and tribal chokers.
35. Carnival Monday, February 20 • 1:00-2:00 PM • All Ages Mardi Gras! School is out so sing, dance and eat!
36. Family Movie Night Monday, February 27 • 5:30-7:30PM The Dragons are back! Hiccup and Toothless continues as they take flight in a thrilling, all-new adventure to discover an island of never-before-seen dragons.
37. Tween Programs
38. Girls Nite Out Thursday, February 9 • 6:00-7:00 PM • Ages 7-11 Decorate cupcakes and make something for a special someone.
39. Boys Nite Out Thursday, February 23 • 5:30-6:30 PM • Ages 7-11 Magnetic Mania: Play and work with magnets.
40. Teen Programs
41. Teen Tuesday Tuesdays • 3:00-5:00 PM • Ages 12-17 February 7: You Got To Move It February 14: Loco For Cocoa February 21: Fat Teen Tuesday (Mardi Gras) February 28: Leap Day
42. Yu-Gi-Oh Saturday , February 4 • 9:00-1:00 • Ages 7-11 Get your game on. Bring your cards and either play or trade.
43. Anti-Valentine’s Day Party Saturday , February 11 • 12:00-2:00 PM • Ages 12-17 What should we do for those of us who hate the lovey-dove aspect of Valentines Day? Un-celebrate it, of course! Love stinks! Uncelebrate Valentine's Day with cranky crafts, moody music and spiteful snacks. Participants are encouraged to wear black and red to the party.
44. JAM: Japanese Animation @ MCPL Wednesday, February 15 • 5:00-6:30 PM • Ages 8-17 Get a look at the newest anime and manga, watch anime movies, enjoy Asian snacks, and mingle with other Animaniacs!
45. Toolbox Treasures Monday, February 20 • 3:00-5:00 PM • Ages 12-17 Be creative as you make a variety of jewelry, key chains and other items with material found in the toolbox. JEWELRY
46. Overbooked: A YA Book Discussion Tuesday, February 28 • 6:00-7:00 PM • Ages 12-17 Come in and pick up “Catching Fire” by Suzanne Collins and we will get ready for “ The Hunger Games” movie release.
47. High School Happenings Wednesday, February 29, 6:00-7:00 PM Preparing For College Wednesday, March 7, 6:00-7:00 PM Selecting A College Wednesday, March 14 Paying For College College Prep 101
48. During inclement weather, please tune in to WMMG-1140/93.5 for announcements on library closings or delays. When the library is closed due to weather, all programs are cancelled.