1. Mayo School of Continuous Professional Development Mayo Clinic Pediatric Days Course Information and Registration: http://www.mayo.edu/cmeCourse Directors:Walter J. Cook, M.D. September 24-25, 2012Jonathan N. Johnson, M.D. Chicago Marriott Downtown • Chicago, Illinois
2. General InformationCOURSE DESCRIPTION CREDITMayo Clinic Pediatric Days is designed to College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, is accredited byprovide current information on a variety of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medicalmedical and surgical conditions affecting Education to provide continuing medical educationinfants, children and adolescents. This for physicians.highly successful national continuing College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, designates thismedical education program presents the live activity for a maximum of 13.25 AMA PRAlatest advances in the field of pediatric Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim onlyand adolescent medicine. Outstanding the credit commensurate with the extent of theirfaculty from Mayo Clinic will offer plenary participation in the activity.presentations, concurrent sessions, andround table discussions on a variety of topics, AAFPincluding but not limited to: Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians.• Adolescent Medicine Determination of credit is pending.• Anesthesiology AAP• Cardiology This continuing medical education activity has been• Critical Care reviewed by the American Academy of Pediatrics• Dermatology and is acceptable for a maximum of 13.25 AAP• Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics credits. These credits can be applied toward the• Emergency Medicine AAP CME/CPD Award available to Fellows and• General Pediatrics Candidate Members of the American Academy of• Genetics Pediatrics.• Immunization Practice Other Health Care Professionals• Infectious Disease A certificate of attendance will be provided to other• Neonatology health care professionals for requesting credits in• Nephrology accordance with state nursing boards, specialty• Nutrition societies, or other professional associations.• Otolaryngology• Perinatology• Sports Medicine DATE AND LOCATION• Surgery The Pediatric Days course will be held September• Urology 24-25, 2012. Course headquarters will be located at the Chicago Marriott Downtown. The hotel is located on Chicago’s famed Magnificent Mile stepsCOURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES from Lake Michigan, award-winning restaurantsUpon conclusion of this program, participants and premier shopping. Plus, it’s within walkingshould be able to: distance to the Midwest’s most popular tourist and leisure destination, Navy Pier.• ncorporate medical information from I Web site: http://www.chicagomarriottdowntown.com reviews of commonly encountered clinical scenarios into the daily practice of pediatric and adolescent medicine. REGISTRATION To register online, visit http://www.mayo.edu/• escribe the implications for evaluation D cme/pediatricdays2012, or complete the attached and management of patients from registration form and return by mail or fax. The information provided during in-depth registration fee includes tuition, comprehensive reviews of the topics of subjects. electronic course syllabus, continental breakfasts,• mplement effective clinical strategies for I Amberg-Helmholz Professorship Luncheon, and diagnosing and managing a wide array of break refreshments. Although it is not Mayo School challenging problems in clinical practice. of CPD policy to limit the number of registrants for a course, conference room facilities may necessitateAttendance at this Mayo course does closing of enrollment; therefore, early registration isnot indicate nor guarantee competence advised. A letter of confirmation will be sent uponor proficiency in the performance of any receipt of payment and completed registration form.procedures which may be discussed or taught Please present the confirmation letter when checkingin this course. in at the meeting registration desk.INTENDED AUDIENCE For additional information, contact:Mayo Clinic Pediatric Days is designed Mayo School of CPDfor pediatricians, pediatric specialists, Plummer 2-60family medicine physicians, pediatric 200 First Street SWnurse practitioners, family medicine nurse Rochester, MN 55905practitioners, physicians in residency training, Website: www.mayo.edu/cmenurses, and physician assistants. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 800-323-2688 or 507-284-2509 Fax: 507-284-0532
3. General Information Course ScheduleCANCELLATION POLICYIf you cancel your participation in this course, yourregistration fee, less a $75 administrative fee, willbe refunded when written notification is receivedby Mayo School of CPD before September 10,2012 (email@example.com or fax#: 507-284-0532). Norefunds will be made on or after September 10, 2012.Canceled registrations are non-transferable.Mayo School of CPD reserves the right to cancelor postpone any course due to unforeseencircumstances. In the unlikely event Mayo Schoolof CPD must cancel or postpone this course, MayoSchool of CPD will refund the registration fee, butis not responsible for any related costs, charges, or MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2012expenses to participants, including fees assessed by THEME: COMMONLY ENCOUNTEREDairline/travel/lodging agencies. CLINICAL SCENARIOS 6:00 a.m. Registration and ContinentalLODGING ACCOMMODATIONS BreakfastGuest rooms have been reserved for attendees and 7:15 a.m. Welcome and Course Overviewtheir guests with special course rates at the ChicagoMarriott Downtown. In order to receive the special Walter J. Cook, M.D.rate, reservations must be made before the room 7:30 a.m. topic Dermatitis: What We are Ablock is filled or before Monday, September 10, All Itching to Know2012, whichever comes first. Reservations will be Dawn Marie R. Davis, M.D.taken following this date based on space and rate 8:00 a.m. leep Problems in Adolescents Savailability. Hotel reservations for the event can be Robin M. Lloyd, M.D.made by individual attendees directly at (800) 228- 8:30 a.m. Pediatric Cardiology9290 or (312) 836-0100. Please identify yourself as a Bryan C. Cannon, M.D.participant of the Mayo Clinic Pediatric Days coursewhen making your reservation. 9:00 a.m. Refreshment Break 9:15 a.m. Travel Medicine for ChildrenSingle/Double/Triple/Quad: $189.00 Philip R. Fischer, M.D.Hotel room rates are subject to applicable state and 10:00 a.m. Pediatric Ethics - What’s Newlocal taxes (currently 15.4%) in effect at the time of Brenda M. Schiltz, M.D.check-out. THEME: IN-DEPTH REVIEWS - GRANDCheck-in: 4:00 p.m.Check-out: 12:00 p.m. ROUNDS IN THE WINDY CITY 10:30 a.m. Pediatric ER UpdateMore information can be found on the hotel’s web Mark S. Mannenbach, M.D.site: http://www.chicagomarriottdowntown.com 11:15 a.m. Chromosomal Microarray for the Lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of Primary Care Providerthe individual registrant. Salman Kirmani, MBBSMayo School of CPD is not responsible for expenses 12:00 p.m. Amberg-Helmholz Professorship incurred by an individual who is not confirmed Luncheonand for whom space is not available at the meeting. Introduction:Costs incurred by the registrant such as airline or Daniel D. Broughton, M.D.hotel fees or penalties are the responsibility of theregistrant. V isiting Professor Presentation: Update from the National Center GROUND TRANSPORTATION PARKING for Missing and Exploited Airport Transportation ChildrenThe Chicago Marriott Downtown offers transportationservice through GO Airport Express at Ernie Allenwww.airportexpress.com President CEO of the National Center for MissingApproximate one-way fare is: Exploited ChildrenO’Hare International Airport - $29 per person President CEO of the Midway - $24 per person International Centre for Missing Taxi cabs are easily accessible and are approximately Exploited Children$35-$45 one-way to O’Hare or Midway Airport. 1:15 p.m. Q and A with Visiting ProfessorParking 1:30 p.m. BreakValet parking is available with in and out privileges 1:45 p.m. 2 012 Update on Childhood andfor $51 per night. Off-site self parking is available within and out privileges for $36 per night. Adolescent Vaccines Robert M. Jacobson, M.D.All rates are subject to change without notice. 3:00 p.m. Adjourn to Enjoy Downtown Ground transportation and parking are the sole Chicagoresponsibility of the individual registrant.
4. Course Schedule TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2012 1:45 p.m. Refreshment BreakTHEME: SURGICAL UPDATES FOR THE 2:00 p.m. Concurrent Session IIPRIMARY CARE PROVIDER • valuation and Rehabilitation E6:30 a.m. Continental Breakfast of Common Sports Injuries7:00 a.m. Meet the Professors Sessions David C. Agerter, M.D. and Informal time for questions and David A. Krause, P.T. discussion with course faculty • eart Murmurs - Who Needs H8:00 a.m. Program Overview an Echo? Jonathan N. Johnson, M.D. Jonathan N. Johnson, M.D.8:10 a.m. Pediatric Pre-Op Exam: • nfectious Disease for the I What’s Important Primary Care Physician Gregory J. Schears, M.D. Thomas G. Boyce, M.D.8:40 a.m. Surgical Management of • edical Home Collaboration M Ambiguous Genitalia with Community Resources Candace F. Granberg, M.D. Brian A. Lynch, M.D.9:15 a.m. Refreshment Break • ICU Follow-Up for the N9:30 a.m. Pediatric Surgery - General Pediatrician Intestinal Obstruction Tara R. Lang, M.D. D. Dean Potter, Jr., M.D. • o Code – Discussing Sensitive N10:15 a.m. Cochlear Implants - Who Needs Topics with Parents Them and How to Care For Them Shakila P. Khan, M.D. and Colin L. W. Driscoll, M.D. Brenda M. Schiltz, M.D.11:00 a.m. Lunch on Your Own/With • atient Education in the Office: P Colleagues in Downtown Chicago Tips and Resources12:30 p.m. Concurrent Session I Renee M. Breland, R.N., C.N.P., • valuation and Rehabilitation of E Laura L. Swenson, Patient Common Sports Injuries Education Specialist David C. Agerter, M.D. and and Shawna L. Wollbrink R.N. David A. Krause, P.T. • ediatric Nephrology – P • orking with Vaccine Hesitant W What’s New Parents: A Workshop Using the Carl H. Cramer, II, M.D. C.A.S.E. Approach • ractical Dermatologic P Robert M. Jacobson, M.D. Procedures for the Primary • nfectious Disease for the Primary I Care Provider Care Physician Megha M. Tollefson, M.D. Thomas G. Boyce, M.D. • uality Improvement - Where Q • edical Home Collaboration M Do I Begin? with Community Resources Stephanie R. Starr, M.D. and Brian A. Lynch, M.D. Karen L. Ytterberg, M.D. • ICU Follow-Up for the General 3:15 p.m. Course Adjourned N Pediatrician Tara R. Lang, M.D. • o Code – Discussing Sensitive N Topics with Parents FACULTY DISCLOSURE Shakila P. Khan, M.D. and As a provider accredited by ACCME, College of Brenda M. Schiltz, M.D. Medicine, Mayo Clinic (Mayo School of Continuous • atient Education in the Office: P Professional Development) must ensure balance, Tips and Resources independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in its educational activities. Course director(s), planning Renee M. Breland, R.N., C.N.P., committee, faculty, and all others who are in a Laura L. Swenson, Patient position to control the content of this educational Education Specialist activity are required to disclose all relevant financial and Shawna L. Wollbrink R.N. relationships with any commercial interest related • ediatric Nephrology – P to the subject matter of the educational activity. What’s New Safeguards against commercial bias have been put Carl H. Cramer, II, M.D. in place. Faculty also will disclose any off-label • ractical Dermatologic P and/or investigational use of pharmaceuticals or instruments discussed in their presentation. Procedures for the Primary Care Disclosure of this information will be published in Provider course materials so those participants in the activity Megha M. Tollefson, M.D. may formulate their own judgments regarding the • uality Improvement - Q presentation. Where Do I Begin? Stephanie R. Starr, M.D. and Karen L. Ytterberg, M.D.
5. REGISTRATION FORM 2012R434Pediatric Days Register on-line atSeptember 24-25, 2012 http://www.mayo.edu/cme/pediatricdays2012Chicago Marriott Downtown • Chicago, IllinoisMail form and payment to:Mayo School of CPD Phone 800-323-2688 or 507-284-2509Plummer 2-60 FAX 507-284-0532200 First Street SW E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org­Rochester, MN 55905 Web site www.mayo.edu/cmeContact InformationName of Registrant – first name, middle name or initial, and last name Degree – select all that apply MD PhD DO PA NP Other specifyName of Institution Medical SpecialtyPreferred Mailing Address – select one Work/Business HomeWork/Business Address – street address Work Phone – include all country and city/area codes as needed along with complete phone numberCity State or Province ZIP or Postal Code CountryHome Address – street address Home Phone – include all country and city/area codes as needed along with complete phone numberCity State or Province ZIP or Postal Code CountryE-mail Address FAX – include all country and city/area codes as FAX Location – select one needed along with complete phone number Work/Business Home If you have special assistance needs or dietary restrictions, describe here: SPECIAL NEEDS Please select one topic from each session in which you will participate on Tuesday, September 25: Concurrent Session I Concurrent Session II 12:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. 2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Common Sports Injuries Common Sports Injuries Immunization Resistance Heart Murmurs Infectious Disease Infectious Disease Medical Home Medical Home Nephrology Nephrology NICU Follow-Up NICU Follow-Up No Code No Code Patient Education Patient Education Practical Derm Procedures Practical Derm Procedures Quality Improvement Quality Improvement Type of credit available: AMA/PRA Category 1™ AAFP AAP Other Registration Fee: $530 $ ________ Printed Syllabus: $50 $ ________ (Please note that the electronic syllabus will be complimentary with course registration.) Total Payment Enclosed: $ ________ Credit Card - select one C heck is enclosed in the amount shown at right Payment Total Discover MasterCard Visa - make checks payable to Mayo Clinic Account Number Exp Date - mm/yy Name of Cardholder - as appears on the card Signature of Cardholder - required X
6. MAYO CLINIC NON-PROFIT ORG.200 First Street SW U.S. POSTAGERochester, MN 55905 PA I D MAYO CLINICMayo School of ContinuousProfessional DevelopmentPediatricDaysSeptember 24-25, 2012Chicago Marriott DowntownChicago, IllinoisMark your calendars and plan tojoin us September 24-25, 2012 at theChicago Marriott Downtown for MayoClinic Pediatric Days. Designed for pediatricians, family physicians,and advanced practice professionals, this course provides attendeeswith state-of-the-art information on medical conditions affecting http://www.mayo.edu/cmechildren and adolescents. Faculty will address new developments Course Information and Registration:in pediatric and adolescent medicine as well as topics identified byprevious course attendees.If you already received a copy of this postcard, please give this postcard to aninterested colleague. © 2012 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research MC8000-43rev0412