1. Department of RadiologyMinnesota Breast ImagingReview CourseRegister Online Today!http://www.mayo.edu/cme/radiologyOctober 12-13, 2013Hilton MinneapolisMinneapolis, MNCo-sponsored with theUniversity of Minnesota
2. GENERAL INFORMATIONCourse Highlights • Ultrasound Guided Breast Procedure Workshop • Two American Board of Radiology Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs) • Lectures in Legal Risk and Patient Safety Issues in Breast Imaging • 13 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™Course DescriptionThe Minnesota Breast Imaging Review Course is a postgraduate medicalcourse that provides radiologists with up-to-date information on thediagnosis and treatment of breast disease. Didactic lectures includeinformation on generally accepted practices, as well as new trends andemerging techniques in breast imaging. A collegial learning environment isprovided during question/answer sessions and conference breaks whereattendees and faculty have an opportunity to interact and share theirknowledge.Intended AudienceThe Minnesota Breast Imaging Review Course is a postgraduate coursedesigned to update the breast imaging radiologist on generally acceptedimaging practices, as well as new trends and emerging techniques in breastimaging.Course Learning ObjectivesUpon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to: • Review alternative imaging modalities for breast cancer screening • Identify audit performance metrics in breast imaging and comparewith national benchmarks • Review important patient safety issues in breast imaging and how toimplement policies and procedures to help avoid them • Minimize legal risk associated with a palpable breast abnormality andnegative breast imaging • Review pathologic diagnoses from breast needle biopsies and explaintheir effect on follow up recommendationsAttendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guaranteecompetence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which maybe discussed or taught in this course.CreditCollege of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, is accredited by the Accreditation Councilfor Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical educationfor physicians.College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, designates this live activity for a maximumof 13 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only thecredit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
3. GENERAL INFORMATIONOther Health Care ProfessionalsA certificate of attendance will be provided to other health care professionalsfor requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialtysocieties, or other professional associations.Date and LocationThe Minnesota Breast Imaging Review Course will be held October 12-13, 2013.Meeting headquarters will be located at the Hilton Minneapolis located inMinneapolis, Minnesota. Set in the heart of downtown Minneapolis, the world-class Hilton Minneapolis welcomes guests with extraordinary service andunforgettable style. Guests will enjoy convenient access to Minneapolis’ topattractions, as well as a wide-range of upscale amenities.Visit http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/minnesota/hilton-minneapolis-MSPMHHH/index.html for more information.Grants and ExhibitsAt the time of this printing, a complete listing of commercial support(financial or in-kind) was not available. Appropriate acknowledgment willbe given to all supporters at the time of the meeting.RegistrationTo register online, visit http://www.mayo.edu/cme/radiology.htmlor complete the attached registration form and return by mail or fax to507-266-3061.The course registration fee includes: • Course Tuition • Ultrasound Guided Breast Procedure Workshop • Two American Board of Radiology SAMs • Comprehensive Course Syllabus on Flash Drive • Continental Breakfasts, Break Refreshments, and Lunch on Saturday(meeting participants only)Although it is not Department of Radiology CME policy to limit the number ofregistrants for a course, conference room facilities may necessitate closing ofenrollment; therefore, early registration is advised. A letter of confirmation willbe sent upon receipt of payment and completed registration form. Pleasepresent the confirmation letter when checking in at the meeting registrationdesk.For additional information, contact:Mayo Clinic Department of RadiologyContinuing Medical Education OfficeMayo, W-2200 First Street SWRochester, MN 55905Website:www.mayo.edu/cme/radiology.htmlE-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 866-246-1581Fax: 507-266-3061
4. GENERAL INFORMATIONCancellation PolicyIf you cancel your participation in this course, your registration fee, less a $75administrative fee, will be refunded when written notification is received bythe Department of Radiology CME Office before September 28, 2013 (Viaemail: email@example.com or fax: 507-266-3061). No refunds will bemade on or after September 28, 2013. Canceled registrations are non-transferable.Mayo Clinic Department of Radiology CME Office and/or Mayo School ofCPD reserve the right to cancel or postpone any course due to unforeseencircumstances. In the unlikely event Mayo Clinic Department of RadiologyCME Office and/or Mayo School of CPD must cancel or postpone thiscourse, Mayo Clinic Department of Radiology CME Office will refund theregistration fee, but is not responsible for any related costs, charges, orexpenses to participants, including fees assessed by airline/travel/lodgingagencies.TravelThe Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) is located 12 milesfrom the Hilton Minneapolis. There are several transportation optionsavailable to and from the airport. A one-way taxi fare is approximately$40.00, and sedan service is approximately $60.00 each way. Many on-airportrental car agencies are also available at both terminals.The light rail train is also accessible from the Minneapolis-St. PaulInternational Airport. Route 55 services downtown Minneapolis and runsevery 10 minutes during peak hours and every 10-15 minutes at other timesof day. Travel time is approximately 25 minutes, and the fare isapproximately $2.25. Once on the train, proceed to the Nicollet Mall Station(5th Street Nicollet). Take the “Free Nicollet Mall Bus” to the 11th Streetstop (11th Street Nicollet). Walk one block east to 11th and MarquetteAvenue. Hotel is located on the corner of 11th Street and Marquette Avenue.For information on the light rail train system, visit:http://www.metrotransit.org/light-rail.aspx.Travel arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.Lodging AccommodationsThe Hilton Minneapolis (meeting headquarters) is ideally located in the heartof one of the nation’s top cities, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Rising 25 stories, theelegant Hilton Minneapolis offers guests stunning views of the city’s skylineand features an indoor pool, sauna and whirlpool, underground parking, andcomplimentary hotel fitness center. Known for its exceptional level of service,guests will enjoy modern conveniences and amenities, as well as easy access toshopping, dining establishments, theater, and other top tourist attractions.Hilton Minneapolis1001 Marquette Avenue SouthMinneapolis, Minnesota 55403612-376-1000Guest rooms have been reserved for attendeesand their guests with special course rates.Run of House: $145 per nightJunior Suite: $175 per night
5. GENERAL INFORMATIONLodging Accommodations (continued)Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-Hiltons. Please identify yourself asa participant of the Minnesota Breast Imaging Review Course whenmaking your reservation. In order to receive the special rates, reservationsmust be made before the room block is filled or before September 13, 2013,whichever comes first. Reservations will be taken following this date based onspace and rate availability. Porterage and housekeeping gratuities are at theguest’s discretion. However, $1.00 per day is recommended for housekeeping,and $1.50 per bag is recommended for porterage.Service charges and taxes are not included in the mentioned rates.Hotel check-in time is 3:00 p.m. on the day of arrival, and check-out time isbefore 12:00 p.m. on the day of departure.Lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.Mayo Clinic Department of Radiology CME Office is not responsible forexpenses incurred by an individual who is not confirmed and for whom spaceis not available at the meeting. Costs incurred by the registrant such as airlineor hotel fees or penalties are the responsibility of the registrant.ParkingThe Hilton Minneapolis offers self-parking and valet parking in the ramplocated under the hotel. There are two entrances; one on 2nd Avenue andanother on 11th Street. Self-parking is $13.00 per day with in-out privileges,and valet parking is $23.00 per day with in-out privileges. The parking rampis owned and operated by the City of Minneapolis. Rates are subject tochange.
6. Recreation/Leisure ActivitiesGuthrie Theater818 South 2nd StreetMinneapolis, MN 55401612-377-2224Mall of America®60 E BroadwayBloomington, MN 55425952-883-8800Minneapolis Institute of Arts2400 3rd Avenue SouthMinneapolis, MN 55404612-870-3000Minnesota Zoo13000 Zoo BoulevardApple Valley, MN 55124952-431-9200Orchestra Hall1111 Nicollet MallMinneapolis, MN 55403612-371-5656Science Museum of Minnesota120 W. Kellogg BoulevardSt. Paul, MN 55102651-221-9444Target Field1 Twins WayMinneapolis, MN 55403612-375-1366Walker Art Center1750 Hennepin AveMinneapolis, MN612-375-7600For more information, please visit the Minneapolis Convention andVisitors Association at http://www.minneapolis.org/ or call 888-676-MPLS.
7. GENERAL INFORMATIONFacultyCourse DirectorsRobert W. Maxwell, MDMayo Clinic, RochesterTim H. Emory, MDUniversity of MinnesotaCourse FacultyDarcy L. Adamczyk, MDMayo Clinic, RochesterTara S. Bowman, MDSt. Paul RadiologyAmy L. Conners, MDMayo Clinic, RochesterRichard Ellis, MDGundersen Health SystemLa Crosse, WITim H. Emory, MDUniversity of MinnesotaRobert T. Fazzio, MD, PhDMayo Clinic, RochesterKatrina N. Glazebrook, MB, ChBMayo Clinic, RochesterTara L. Henrichsen, MDMayo Clinic, RochesterKatie N. Jones, MDMayo Clinic, RochesterJessica Kuehn-Hajder, MDUniversity of MinnesotaRobert W. Maxwell, MDMayo Clinic, RochesterJoshua B. Murphy, JDMayo Clinic, RochesterMichael T. Nelson, MDUniversity of MinnesotaJoseph Tashjian, MDSt. Paul RadiologyCeline M. Vachon, PhDMayo Clinic, RochesterDana H. Whaley, MDMayo Clinic, RochesterFaculty DisclosureAs a provider accredited by ACCME, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic(Mayo School of Continuous Professional Development) must ensurebalance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in its educationalactivities. Course director(s), planning committee, faculty, and all otherswho are in a position to control the content of this educational activity arerequired to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercialinterest related to the subject matter of the educational activity. Safeguardsagainst commercial bias have been put in place. Faculty also will discloseany off-label and/or investigational use of pharmaceuticals or instrumentsdiscussed in their presentation. Disclosure of this information will bepublished in course materials so those participants in the activity mayformulate their own judgments regarding the presentation.
8. COURSE SCHEDULESaturday, October 12, 2013SAM I Offered6:45 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfastfor Meeting Participants7:20 a.m. Welcome and Announcements7:30 a.m. Breast Tomosynthesis: How Can it Help Your Practice? Joseph Tashjian, M.D.8:00 a.m. Early Perspectives in Contrast Enhanced Mammography Jessica Kuehn-Hajder, M.D.8:30 a.m. Automated Whole Breast Ultrasound (ABUS): Initial MayoClinic Experience Robert T. Fazzio, M.D., Ph.D.9:00 a.m. Breast MRI-What’s New in MRI/MRS/Diffusion Michael T. Nelson, M.D.9:30 a.m. Break9:45 a.m. Alphabet Soup: ADH, FEA and ALH of Breast Pathology Tara L. Henrichsen, M.D.10:15 a.m. Breast Imaging Findings in Hematologic Diseases Katrina N. Glazebrook, M.B., Ch.B.10:45 a.m. Imaging of the Adolescent Breast Katie N. Jones, M.D.11:15 a.m. Patient Safety Issues in Breast Imaging Richard Ellis, M.D.11:45 a.m. Lunch12:30 p.m. Reducing Legal Risk in Breast Imaging Joshua B. Murphy, J.D.1:00 p.m. BI-RADS Assessment Categories, Starring Category 3 – SAM I Tara S. Bowman, M.D.1:30 p.m. Hyperechoic Breast Lesions: The Good, The Bad,and The Ugly – SAM I Katie N. Jones, M.D.2:00 p.m. SAM Test and Discussion2:15 p.m. Break2:30 p.m. Radioactive Seed Localization of Breast Cancer Robert W. Maxwell, M.D.3:00 p.m. Ultrasound Guided Breast Procedures: Biopsy Fundamentals Joseph Tashjian, M.D.3:30 p.m. Ultrasound Guided Breast Procedures: Advanced Topics Tim H. Emory, M.D.4:00 p.m. Ultrasound Guided Breast Procedure Workshop Course Faculty5:00 p.m. Session Adjourns for the Day
9. COURSE SCHEDULESunday, October 13, 2013SAM II Offered6:45 a.m. Continental Breakfast for Meeting Participants7:20 a.m. Announcements7:30 a.m. Mammographic Screening: Effectiveness and Controversy Tim H. Emory, M.D.8:00 a.m. Clinical Evaluation and Management (EM):Coding for the Practicing Breast Imaging Radiologist Richard Ellis, M.D.8:30 a.m. Multimodailty Breast Imaging:Do the Findings Match? – SAM II Robert W. Maxwell, M.D.9:00 a.m. BI-RADS: Update and Review – SAM II Robert T. Fazzio, M.D., Ph.D.9:30 a.m. SAM Test and Discussion9:45 a.m. Break10:00 a.m. The Male Breast Darcy L. Adamczyk, M.D.10:30 a.m. Radiation Risk Refresher Amy L. Conners, M.D.11:00 a.m. Breast Imaging Audit: How Does Your Practice Compare Richard Ellis, M.D.11:30 a.m. Potential Implications for Breast Density in Clinical Practice Celine M. Vachon, Ph.D.12:00 p.m. The Future of Breast Cancer Screening Dana H. Whaley, M.D.12:30 p.m. Course ConcludesAvailable for Download Today!ContrastTxMayo Clinic Contrast Reaction iPhone/iPad AppDesigned to give providers quick access to Mayo Clinic’scontrast reaction treatment protocols. This app focuses onthe potentially life-threatening reactions that can occurwhen administering iodine or gadolinium radiographiccontrast to patients.To learn more, search “Mayo Clinic Contrast” in theApple App Store. Download today for just $2.99.
10. Mayo Clinic Department of Radiology Future CME CoursesNeuroradiology: Practice to InnovationNovember 11 - 15, 2013The Ritz-Carlton, Grand CaymanGrand Cayman, Cayman IslandsAdvanced Radiology Life Support™ (ARLS) CourseJanuary 11 and September 13, 2014Mayo Clinic, Siebens Medical Education BuildingRochester, MinnesotaTutorials in Diagnostic Radiology with AdvancedRadiology Life Support™ (ARLS) CourseJanuary 19 - 24, 2014The Fairmont Kea LaniMaui, HawaiiEssentials of Radiology: A Mayo Clinic ReviewSeptember 8 - 12, 2014The Kahler Grand HotelRochester, MinnesotaAdvances in Diagnostic RadiologyOctober 13 - 17, 2014The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn SpaSonoma, CaliforniaSelf-Study CME CoursesAdvanced Radiology Life Support™ (ARLS) Courseon DVD4.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™To order or for more information, please call866-246-1581.Radiologist Training for Interpretation of MolecularBreast Imaging1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™To order or for more information, please visithttp://www.mayo.edu/cme/radiology.State-of-the-Art Small Bowel Imaging: Review andHands-on Tutorial Course Presented on LaptopWorkstation19.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™To order or for more information, please visithttp://www.mayo.edu/cme/radiology.
11. Register online at: http://www.mayo.edu/cme/radiology.htmlOr, mail or fax this completed registration form with payment to: Mayo Clinic Department of Radiology CME Office Telephone: 866-246-1581 Mayo, West-2 or 507-284-3317 200 First Street SW FAX: 507-266-3061 Rochester, MN 55905 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgMinnesota Breast Imaging Review CourseOctober 12-13, 2013Hilton MinneapolisMinneapolis, Minnesota(Please print or type all information. You may duplicate this form for multiple registrations.)Name______________________________________________________________________________Degree MD DO PhD NA NP Other_____________________________ Institution __________________________________________________________________________Medical Specialty____________________________________________________________________E-mail Address _____________________________________________________________________How did you learn about this course? E-mail Marketing Full-Course Brochure MailingWebsite (please identify): _______________________________________________________________________RSNA ________________________________________________________________________Other: _______________________________________________________________________ Address____________________________________________________________________________City__________________________________________State/PV______________________________ZIP/Postal Code_______________________________Country_______________________________Home Telephone (______)__________________ Business Telephone (______)_________________ Please check if you have special accommodation or dietary needs and indicate specific need(s): ________________________________________________________________________First Name Middle Name or Initial Last NameRegistration Form 2013R150REGISTRATION FEE: $695 $________________Please select one of the following syllabus formats: Yes, I would like a paper syllabus reserved for me. $50 $________________ No, I do not want a paper syllabus reserved for me. I will use the complimentary syllabus provided on flash drive to view and print presentations.Please indicate if you plan to attend the Ultrasound Guided Breast Procedure Workshop onSaturday, October 12, at 4:00 p.m. after the general session concludes. No additional fee will beassessed for the workshop, but pre-registration is required. Please check one: Yes NoTotal Payment Enclosed: $________________PAYMENT METHOD (US funds only; wire transfers will be assessed a $25 USD fee.) Check (make checks payable to Mayo Clinic)Credit Card: Visa MasterCard DiscoverCard Number Expires Mo/Yr V-Code (3 digits on back of credit card)Signature Date