1. Intensive Review of Gastroenterology & HepatologyGI Boards: Certification and Recertification Intensive Review of Gastroenterology & Hepatology GI Boards: Certification and Recertification AUGUST 15 – 18, 2012 Register Now LOEWS CORONADO BAY – SAN DIEGO, CA for Early Bird savings REGISTER AT: www.ccfcme.org/GIreview12 Early Bird Fees until July 31 Target Audience Features Physicians preparing for the GI • Comprehensive 4-day review course • Option to register for a single-day(s) boards (certification or recertification) for those taking the gastroenterology • Conference arranged in a spectacular certification or recertification exams and practicing physicians seeking location in San Diego on the Coronado a comprehensive review of • Outstanding faculty of experts from peninsula, conveniently located gastroenterology and hepatology. the Cleveland Clinic and other leading for attendees from the Western United States institutions United States • Multiple sessions incorporating both • The GI boards are scheduled on lectures and discussions of board- October 3, 2012, leaving six weeks type questions preparation time before the exam • Intensive review of gastroenterology • Up to 32.25 AMA PRA Category and hepatology for practitioners 1 Credits™ interested in an update Co-Activity Directors Guest Faculty William D. Carey, MD, MACG Gary W. Falk, MD, MSc, FACG Edy E. Soffer, MD, FACG Past President, American College Past President, American Society for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center of Gastroenterology Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Brennan M. R. Spiegel, MD, FACG Digestive Disease Institute Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania University of California, Los Angeles Cleveland Clinic Martin L. Freeman, MD, FACG Binu John, MD, MPH University of Minnesota Medical Center Digestive Disease Institute Robert G. Gish, MD Cleveland Clinic University of California San Diego Medical Center Mark Pimentel, MD, FRCPC This activity has been approved for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Paul Pockros, MD For more information, contact Cleveland Clinic Scripps Health Center for Continuing Education at: Douglas K. Rex, MD, FACP FACG , 216.448.0770 or 800.238.6750. Past President, American College of Gastroenterology Indiana University School of Medicine Cleveland Clinic Celebrating 75 Years of Excellence in William J. Sandborn, MD CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION University of California San Diego Medical Center
2. Intensive Review of Gastroenterology & HepatologyGI Boards: Certification and RecertificationOverview Americans with Disabilities ActAdvances in diagnosis and treatment of GI disorders are complex and ever The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education fullychanging, with new research, clinical trials, techniques, and treatments intends to comply with the legal requirements of the Americans witharriving on the scene daily. These advances pose substantial challenges to Disabilities Act. If you need assistance, please notify us at least twoGI practitioners to stay abreast of the information and interpret its impact weeks prior to the activity.on clinical practices. As a result, gaps exist in GI practitioners’ knowledge,competencies, and practices regarding the best clinical practices forpatients with GI disorders. Further Information For further information about this Symposium, contact the ClevelandTarget Audience Clinic Center for Continuing Education at: Telephone: 216.448.0770Physicians preparing for the GI boards (certification or recertification) and Toll Free at 800.238.6750practicing physicians seeking a comprehensive review of gastroenterology Email: email@example.com hepatology. For questions about registering online, call 216.448.0777 or email CMEregistration@ccf.org.ObjectivesAfter completing this activity, the participant will be able to do the following: Location • Provide an in-depth review and analysis of the most recently published Loews Coronado Bay research data on a variety of GI disorders and describe their clinical 4000 Coronado Bay Road implications; San Diego, CA 92118 • Summarize the state-of-the-art screening, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment techniques applicable to GI practice; Phone: 619.424.4000 or 800.815.6397 • Describe the essential concepts in GI medicine needed to prepare for the certification or recertification examination for GI practitioners. The Intensive Review of Gastroenterology & Hepatology will be held at Loews Coronado Bay located in the seaside community of Coronado.The hotel is 20 minutes from the San Diego Airport and downtown San Diego. Accreditation Breathtaking views, spa escapes and direct access to the Pacific Ocean are all available at the Loews Coronado Bay. Perfect your swing withThe Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education is a few sets of tennis, stroll along the shores of Silver Strand Beach, oraccredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education escape on a romantic gondola ride. Loews Coronado Bay Resort offersto provide continuing medical education for physicians. everything you need to make your stay a memorable one.The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Educationdesignates this live activity for a maximum of 31.25 AMA PRA Category 1 AccommodationsCredits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the A limited block of rooms has been reserved at the Loews Coronado Bayextent of their participation in the activity. on a first-come, first-served basis until July 16, 2012. To make your reservations, contact the hotel reservations department at 619-424-Participants claiming CME credit from this activity may submit the credit 4000 or 1-800-815-6397. Identify yourself as being with the Clevelandhours to the American Osteopathic Association for Category 2 credit. Clinic Intensive Review of Gastroenterology & Hepatology for a special rate of $219 single/double plus tax. Group rates will be offered threeApplication for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of days prior to and three days following the dates of the room block,Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending. based on availability.The Ohio Board of Nursing will accept at face value the number of contacthours awarded for an educational activity that has been approved for CEby a nationally accredited system of CE approval. Therefore, the 31.25AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ will be accepted for nursing credits.Faculty DisclosureThe Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education hasimplemented a policy to comply with the current Accreditation Council forContinuing Medical Education Standards for Commercial Support requiringresolution of all faculty conflicts of interest. Faculty declaring a relevantcommercial interest will be identified in the activity syllabus.
3. Intensive Review of Gastroenterology & HepatologyGI Boards: Certification and RecertificationCo-Activity Directors Cleveland Clinic FacultyWilliam D. Carey, MD, MACG Jean-Paul Achkar, MD, FACGPast President, American College of Gastroenterology Vice ChairDirector EducationCenter for Continuing Education Digestive Disease InstituteDigestive Disease InstituteCleveland Clinic Thomas Fraser, MD Department of Infectious DiseaseBinu John, MD, MPH Quality and Patient Safety InstituteDigestive Disease InstituteCleveland Clinic Donald Kirby, MD, FACG Director Center for Human Nutrition Digestive Disease Institute Bret Lashner, MD, FACGGuest Faculty Professor of MedicineGary W. Falk, MD, FACG Paul Pockros, MD Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of MedicinePast President, American Society for Head Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Digestive Disease InstituteProfessor of Medicine Scripps Health Shetal Shah, MDClinical Co-Director La Jolla, CA Imaging InstituteJoint Center for Digestive, Liver and Douglas K. Rex, MD, FACP FACG , Pancreatic Medicine Steven Shay, MD, FACG Past President, American College ofCo-Director Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology GastroenterologyGI Motility/Physiology Program Digestive Disease Institute Director of EndoscopyCo-Director Indiana University Hospital Tyler Stevens, MD, FACGJoint Penn CHOP Center for Digestive, Professor Program Director Liver and Pancreatic Disorders Department of Medicine Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship ProgramCo-Director, GI Physiology Laboratory Division of Gastroenterology and Department of Gastroenterology and HepatologyHospital of the University of Pennsylvania Hepatology Digestive Disease InstitutePhiladelphia, PA Indiana University School of MedicineMartin L. Freeman, MD, FACG Indianapolis, IN Anthony Tavill, MD, FACGProfessor of Medicine Past President, American Association for the William J. Sandborn, MD Study of Liver DiseasesInterim Director Chief, Division of Gastroenterology Digestive Disease InstituteDivision of Gastroenterology, Hepatology University of California and Nutrition John J. Vargo, II, MD, MPH, FACG San Diego Health SystemMedical Director Vice Chairman La Jolla, CATotal Pancreatectomy and Islet Digestive Disease Institute Autotransplantation Edy E. Soffer, MD, FACG ChairmanDirector, Advanced Pancreaticobiliary Co-Director of the GI Motility Laboratory Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Endoscopy Fellowship Division of GastroenterologyUniversity of Minnesota Medical Center Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Lisa Yerian, MDMinneapolis, MN Los Angeles, CA Director of Hepatobiliary PathologyRobert G. Gish, MD Medical Director Brennan M. R. Spiegel, MD, FACGChief of Clinical Hepatology Associate Professor of Medicine Continuous ImprovementUniversity of California Division of Digestive Diseases, David Division of Medical OperationsSan Diego Medical Center Geffen School of Medicine Pathology and Laboratory Medicine InstituteSan Diego, CA Section Chief, Center for Outcomes Claudia Zein, MD Research and Education Digestive Disease InstituteMark Pimentel, MD, FRCPC CURE Digestive Diseases Research CenterDirector, Gastrointestinal Motility Nizar Zein, MD University of California Program and Laboratory Digestive Disease Institute Los Angeles Medical CenterDivision of Gastroenterology Los Angeles, CA Gregory Zuccaro, Jr, MD, FACGCedars-Sinai Medical CenterLos Angeles, CA Digestive Disease Institute
4. Intensive Review of Gastroenterology & HepatologyGI Boards: Certification and RecertificationWEDNESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2012 7:00 am Registration, Continental Breakfast, 2:05 pm Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Exhibits William D. Carey, MD 7:55 am Opening Welcome 2:35 pm Hemochromatosis/Wilson Disease/ William D. Carey, MD; Binu John, MD Alpha 1-Antitrypsin Deficiency Anthony Tavill, MDLIVER 3:20 pm Refreshment Break and Exhibits 8:00 am Anatomy and Physiology of the Liver Anthony Tavill, MD 3:40 pm Primary Biliary Cirrhosis/Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis 8:30 am Portal Hypertension and Claudia Zein, MD Variceal Hemorrhage William D. Carey, MD 4:10 pm Auto Immune Hepatitis Paul Pockros, MD 9:00 am Portal Hypertension and Encephalopathy 4:50 pm Drug Induced Liver Injury William D. Carey, MD Paul Pockros, MD 9:30 am Liver Transplantation 5:40 pm EXAM Preparation Robert G. Gish, MD Binu John, MD 0:15 am 1 Refreshment Break and Exhibits 6:10 pm Adjourn 0:35 am 1 Viral Hepatitis Robert G. Gish, MD 1:35 am 1 Liver Disease of Pregnancy Binu John, MD 2:20 pm 1 Lunch provided 1:20 pm Alcoholic and Non Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) Nizar Zein, MD (Live transmission from Cleveland Clinic)
5. Intensive Review of Gastroenterology & HepatologyGI Boards: Certification and RecertificationTHURSDAY, AUGUST 16, 20127:00 am Registration, Continental Breakfast, ESOPHAGUS and Exhibits 1:40 pm Esophagus – Anatomy andLIVER Motility Disorders Steven Shay, MD 8:00 am Liver Histopathology Lisa Yerian, MD 2:25 pm Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) Gary W. Falk, MD 8:45 am Liver Imaging Shetal Shah, MD 2:55 pm Barrett’s Esophagus Gary W. Falk, MDGI DISEASES AFFECTING MULTIPLE ORGANS 3:40 pm Refreshment Break and Exhibits 9:15 am Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Clinical Features and Diagnosis ENDOSCOPY Bret Lashner, MD 4:00 pm Non-Variceal GI Bleeding 0:00 am 1 Refreshment Break and Exhibits Gregory Zuccaro, Jr, MD 0:15 am Inflammatory Bowel Disease1 4:30 pm Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Management Gregory Zuccaro, Jr, MD William J. Sandborn, MD 5:30 pm Statistics and Epidemiology 1:00 am 1 Gastrointestinal Pathology Bret Lashner, MD Lisa Yerian, MD 6:00 pm Adjourn 1:45 am 1 Gastrointestinal Tract Imaging Shetal Shah, MD 2:30 pm 1 Lunch (on own)
6. Intensive Review of Gastroenterology & HepatologyGI Boards: Certification and RecertificationFRIDAY, AUGUST 17, 2012 7:00 am Registration, Continental Breakfast, 2:30 pm Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Exhibits Mark Pimentel, MDSTOMACH AND DUODENUM 3:15 pm Refreshment Break and Exhibits 8:00 am Anatomy of the Stomach 3:35 pm Short Bowel Syndrome and Duodenum Donald Kirby, MD Brennan M. R. Spiegel, MD COLON 8:45 am Gastritis and H. Pylori Brennan M. R. Spiegel, MD 4:20 pm Non-IBD Colitis Jean-Paul Achkar, MD 9:45 am Gastrointestinal Hormones and Tumor Syndromes 5:00 pm EXAM Preparation Brennan M. R. Spiegel, MD Jean-Paul Achkar, MD 0:15 am 1 Refreshment Break and Exhibits 6:00 pm AdjournSMALL BOWEL 0:35 am 1 Physiology of Digestion and Absorption Jean-Paul Achkar, MD 1:05 am 1 Approach to Diarrhea Jean-Paul Achkar, MD 1:35 am 1 Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth Mark Pimentel, MD12:05 pm Small Bowel Mucosal Disease Donald Kirby, MD 2:35 pm 1 Lunch provided 1:30 pm Gastrointestinal Infections Including Manifestations of HIV Thomas Fraser, MD
7. Intensive Review of Gastroenterology & HepatologyGI Boards: Certification and RecertificationSATURDAY, AUGUST 18, 2012 7:00 am Registration, Continental Breakfast, PANCREAS and Exhibits 1:05 pm Anatomy and Physiology ofCOLON the Pancreas Tyler Stevens, MD 7:30 am Anorectal Anatomy and Motility Disorders 1:35 pm Acute Pancreatitis Edy E. Soffer, MD Martin L. Freeman, MD 8:15 am Constipation 2:20 pm Chronic Pancreatitis Edy E. Soffer, MD Martin L. Freeman, MD 9:15 am Polyposis Syndromes 3:05 pm Pancreas and Biliary Tract Questions (live transmission from Indianapolis) Tyler Stevens, MD Douglas K. Rex,, MD 3:35 pm Adjourn 0:00 am 1 Refreshment Break and Exhibits 0:20 am 1 Colon Cancer Screening Guidelines (live transmission from Indianapolis) Douglas K. Rex, MDBILIARY TRACT 1:05 am 1 Biliary Tract Disease John J. Vargo, II, MD 11:45 pm ERCP/EUS John J. Vargo, II, MD 12:20 pm Lunch
8. REGISTRATION FORM Course # 011948 Office Use Only Fee ________ Date –––––––––––Intensive Review of Gastroenterology & Hepatology MOP _______ CXL/Fee––––––––––GI Boards: Certification and RecertificationAugust 15 – 18, 2012Loews Coronado Bay | San Diego, CA Fees I will be attending (indicate which days) Full Registration Fee Includes Per Day Registration Fee Includes • Registration material • Registration material o Full Review (4 Days) • Online syllabus • Online syllabus OR • Continental breakfasts • Continental breakfast o Wednesday o Thursday • Refreshment breaks • Refreshment breaks • Two lunches • Lunch (Wed or Fri) o Friday o Saturday On or Before July 31, 2012 After August 1, 2012 Per Day o Physician $1,199.00 $1,299.00 $400.00 o Fellow $799.00 $899.00 $300.00 o Nurse/Non-Physician $799.00 $899.00 $300.00 o Yes, I would like to purchase a ‘hard copy’ of the course syllabus for $75.00 (must be ordered by July 12) Register Online www.ccfcme.org/GIreview12 Once you register online, please do not mail or fax in a registration form. Cleveland Clinic employee fees and registration are available online only. Complete the information below if registering by mail or fax: (Please print) First Name: MI: Last Name: Degree: Institution Name: Address: City: State: Zip: Phone Number: Fax Number: Specialty: Email Address: Type of Practice: o Office-Based o Hosptal Staff o Resident/Fellow o Other Total amount enclosed or to be charged: $_________________ Make check payable to: The Cleveland Clinic Educational Foundation Or charge to the following account: o Visa o MasterCard o American Express o Discover Card Number: Expiration Date: Signature (not valid without signature) Fax Number: 216.448.0783 Mailing Address: The Cleveland Clinic Education Foundation PO Box 931653, Cleveland, OH 44193-1082For information about registering, call 216.448.0777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org