2. AMTA 2012 National Convention october 3-6, raleigh convention center YOU’RE INVITED! Join the thousands of massage therapists who have discovered AMTA’s National Convention as their source of inspiration, renewal, and high- quality education. The AMTA National Convention offers superior sales exposure to massage product and servicePhoto courtesy of GRCVB/visitRaleigh.com buyers. Choose from exhibit booth opportunities, an exclusive sponsorship of the Saturday evening Dinner Dance, tote inserts and much more. Don’t delay as space will sell out. Contact James Boston at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.215.6710 x116 to confirm your participation. Raleigh Convention Center is the host of ATTENDEE STATISTICS AMTA’s 2012 National Convention Get lost in the sights and sounds of downtown Raleigh by basing out of one of AMTA’s two host hotel options. The Raleigh Marriott City Center 60 200 1,500+ teachers students and the Sheraton are across the street from the attendees to reach Convention Center. Both are just a leisurely walk from the state capitol, museums, restaurants, nightlife, and the Progress Energy Center for the 2011 2010 Performing Arts. Rate at each of AMTA’s host hotels is $149 plus tax. Sheraton Raleigh Hotel Attendees came Attendees came 421 S. Salisbury Street | 919.834.9900 from all 50 states from all 50 states plus Canada and plus Canada. Raleigh Marriott City Center Puerto Rico. 500 Fayetteville Street | 919.833.1120
3. Become an Exhibitor!EXHIBIT HOURS* EXHIBITOR LOUNGE AMTA THEATER 12:00PM–6:00PM 11:30AM–6:30PM WED Exhibitor Registration F R I Exhibits Open OCT 3 & Exhibitor Set-up OCT 5 SALES OFFICE THU 11:00AM–2:00PM SAT 10:00AM–2:00PM Exhibits Open Exhibits Open OCT 4 OCT 6 5:30–8:00PM 12:30PM Opening Night Reception Passport to Prizes (Exhibits Open) Drawing*All exhibit, setup, and tear down hours are subject to change.EXHIBIT OPTIONS 20 x 20’ Premium Booth – $6,300 1 Priority placement within the exhibit hall will give your company the most exposure to attendees. Up to six 221 AMTA booth personnel allowed. BOOTH 10 x 20’ Island Booth – $3,300 2 Located in the center of the exhibit hall, island booths provide steady traffic for your company. Up to four booth personnel allowed. 10 x 10’ Standard End Booth – $1,850 3 The most popular exhibit option year after year—reserve yours before the best booths are taken. Up to two booth personnel allowed. 10 x 10’ Standard Aisle Booth – $1,700 4 Network with attendees during session breaks and meals. Up to two booth personnel allowed. Add-ons: • Additional booth • Saturday night Dinner personnel registrations Dance tickets are are $20 each $85 each EntranceNOTEPlease remember that no outside events may be scheduled that conflict with the official convention hours. We do everything possible to avoid programsthat compete with education sessions or the exhibit hall hours, and to provide the most valuable, non-compete time to our exhibitors.
4. AMTA Sponsorship ProgramSPONSORSHIP OPTIONS 1 Keynote Speaker – $5,000 Sponsor the keynote speaker at the Opening Session and reach all convention attendees in one place. Your company will be recognized in the opening presentation graphics and by association leadershipCUSTOMIZE YOUR PACKAGE during the program.With the AMTA Sponsorship Program, you cancustomize your package to combine several Opening Night Reception – $5,000 opportunities to receive added discounts. 2 Thursday evening the National Convention kicks off with style in a reception for all event attendees. Sponsorship includes recognition during ceremonyOPENING NIGHT RECEPTION and on event signage.On Thursday, October 4, exhibit booths willbe open and exhibitors will have the option of Saturday Night Dinner Dance – $5,000 purchasing appetizers to distribute in their booths 3 Be recognized at the largest convention event!for attendees. This is a great way to enhance Your company’s logo will be featured in the event signage and presentation. Your company will alsoflow in the hall with a festive flair. Menus will be be recognized by association leadership during theprovided separately from the convention center. program. *Two available. Each sponsor receives two dinner dance tickets.EXCLUSIVE SPONSORSHIPS Additional Dinner Dance tickets are $85 each.Get more exposure with a distinctive sponsorshipopportunity. No competition equals better 4 Afternoon Coffee/Tea Break – $2,000/dayexposure. Provide coffee/tea for all attendees. Special signage, plus your literature and/or samples on a table provided. Available Thurs, Fri and Sat.CO-SPONSORSHIPS Explore many opportunities to get the exposure Evening Lemonade/Iced Tea Break – $2,500/dayyou want at a lower cost when you collaborate 5 Provide lemonade/iced tea for all attendees. Specialwith another sponsor. signage, plus your literature and/or samples on a table provided. Available Thurs, Fri and Sat.CONNECT WITH TEACHERS Friday’s luncheon is an ideal opportunity to reach AMTA Show Daily – $2,500/day or $5,500 all days 6 The AMTA Show Daily provides attendees withteachers from schools across the country. important meeting information, schedule updates, coverage and previews of essential educationCONNECT WITH STUDENTS sessions and key happenings of the convention. YourDo you want more exposure with massage logo and booth number will be featured prominently on the front page. Available Thu, Fri, and Sat.students, tomorrow’s leaders in the profession?Sponsor an item or event on Friday during Convention Tote Bags – $4,500Student Day. All local massage schools are invited 7 Your logo will be imprinted on the convention toteto bring their students to participate in the bags. Must be ordered by June 1, 2012 to secureStudent Day program. listed price.CONNECT WITH STATE LEADERSHIP Convention Tote Bag Inserts – $1,000 each 8Wednesday is the day to reach local decision Your product sample, CD, pen and/or brochuremakers—leaders of 51 AMTA chapters around delivered to each attendee in tote bag they receive at registration. Subject to AMTA approval.the country. Let them carry your message back toAMTA members who could not attend. • Product Sample Insert – 1,300 pcs, limit 3 sponsors • Brochure/Flier Insert – 1,300 pcs, limit 2 sponsorsPERSONALIZED ATTENTION • CD/DVD Insert – 1,300 pcs, limit 1 sponsor • Pen Insert – 1,300 pens, limit 1 sponsorIf you have an idea for something you would like tosponsor at the AMTA 2012 National Convention,let us know! We’ll work with you to customize apackage that fits your marketing needs.
5. AMTA Sponsorship Program Publication Bin Insert – $2,300 First Timers Lunch – $4,000 9 Place your publication(s) directly in front of the 18 Connect with first-time attendees; make their first attendees so they have every opportunity to read your convention memorable. Your name will appear on latest issue. signage. You will also have a table-top display with your product or service information, or samples. Sports Bottles – $2,000 *Two available. Each sponsor receives two lunch tickets.10 Your logo will be imprinted on the convention sports bottles. Must be ordered by June 1, 2012 to secure listed price. First Timers Lunch Table Gift – $500 19 Provide a gift for each place setting. Subject to AMTA approval. Requires 300 pieces.11 Badge Holder Lanyards – $2,500 Your logo will be imprinted on the convention lanyards Teacher’s Luncheon – $3,000 Must be ordered by June 1, 2012 to secure listed 20 Connect with leading educators. Your name will price. appear on signage. You will also have a table-top display with your product or service information, or Web Station Kiosk – $2,000 samples. Two lunch tickets are included.12 Sponsor a Web station kiosk featuring your company name and logo. Reserved for convention attendees, Teacher’s Luncheon Table Gift – $300 the high-speed internet will be available during 21 Provide a gift for each place setting. Subject to AMTA tradeshow hours for easy access to e-mail. The home approval. Requires 100 pieces. page will be set to your company’s Web site. *Two available. Student Day Luncheon – $4,000 22 Join massage therapy students for a day full of Hotel Door Drop – $1,500 professional development tips and resources to assist13 Have your special gift, sample or message placed on them as they enter the profession. Your name will each attendee’s doorknob at host hotel. Requires 500 appear on signage. You will also have a table-top pieces. Available Thurs or Fri. display with your product or service information, or samples. Four lunch tickets are included. Floor Decal Footprints – $1,50014 Footprints starting at the main entrance and ending Student Day Tote Bags – $1,500 23 Your logo will be imprinted on the Student Day tote at your booth. Your logo on 25 and “follow me to booth #” on the other 25. bags. Must be ordered by June 1, 2012 to secure listed price. Floor Decal (one 57 x 73” graphic) – $1,00015 Floor graphics placed strategically at the entrance to Student Day Tote Bag Inserts – $500 each the exhibit hall are a creative reminder about your 24 Your flier or product sample delivered to each student product and/or booth location. in tote bag they receive at registration. *Two available. *Limit 5 sponsors. Cut-out Coupon Ad – $200 each16 Encourage on-site sales at convention by purchasing Student Day Prize Raffle – $300 fee + $300 prize 25 Be part of the excitement as Student Day attendees a 3½ x 1½ space in the show daily for your company’s coupon. Your coupon must include an paricipate in the grand prize raffle. on-site offer. Limit 2 per company per day. Connect with State Leadership – $300 to $500 Passport to Prizes – $200 fee + $200 prize 26 Choose from three events that bring in chapter17 A great way to drive traffic to your booth, attendees leaders from across the country. These leaders are would need to visit each sponsor’s booth and get a directly responsible for making all chapter decisions, stamp on their passport In order to qualify for prize including meeting planning, printing, communication, giveaways. and much more. Special signage plus your literature and/or samples on a table provided. • Chapter President’s Council Meeting – $300 • House of Delegates Meeting – $450 • Chapter Leadership Training –$500 Questions? Please contact James Boston at 301.215.6710 ext 116 or email@example.com
6. AMTA 2012 NATIONAL CONVENTIONEXHIBIT & SPONSOR FORM FAX THIS FORM TO: 301.215.7704PAGE 1 OF 2 1 3 COMPANY INFORMATION SPONSORSHIP OPTIONS (Please check one or more) Company Name: __________________________________________________ Keynote Speaker $5,000 Contact Person: ___________________________________________________ Opening Night Reception (Thursday, October 20) $5,000 Saturday Night Dinner Dance (co-sponsor) $5,000 Billing Address: ____________________________________________________ Afternoon Coffee/Tea Break City, State, Zip: ____________________________________________________ • Sponsor all three days (Thu, Fri, Sat) $6,000 • Sponsor one day: _______________________ $2,000 Phone: ___________________________________________________________ Evening Lemonade/Iced Tea Break Fax: _____________________________________________________________ • Sponsor all three days (Thu, Fri, Sat) $7,500 • Sponsor one day: _______________________ $2,500 E-mail: ___________________________________________________________ AMTA Show Daily • Sponsor all three days (Thu, Fri, Sat) $5,500 Website: _________________________________________________________ • Sponsor one day: _______________________ $2,500 List three booth choices: ___________________________________________ Convention Tote Bags $4,500 Convention Tote Bag Insert: _________________ $1,000 Product Type(s): ___________________________________________________ Publication Bin Insert $2,300 Sports Bottle $2,000 __________________________________________________________________ Name of company/product line I prefer not to be near (if any) Badge Holder Lanyards $2,500 Web Station Kiosk $2,000 Hotel Door Drop $1,500 2 Floor Decal Footprints $1,500 EXHIBIT OPTIONS Floor Decal (57 x 73”) $1,000 20 x 20’ Premium Booth: _______ x $6,300 = ____________ Cut-out Coupon Ad (limit two per day) $200 Passport to Prizes (fee + $200 prize) $200 10 x 20’ Island Booth: _______ x $3,300 = ____________ First Timers Lunch (co-sponsor) $4,000 10 x 10’ Standard End Booth: _______ x $1,850 = ____________ First Timers Lunch Table Gift $500 Teachers Luncheon $3,000 10 x 10’ Standard Aisle Booth: _______ x $1,700 = ____________ Teachers Luncheon Table Gift $300 Student Day Luncheon $4,000 Booth Reps: ______________________________________________________ Student Day Tote Bags $1,500 Student Day Tote Bag Insert: ________________ $500 __________________________________________________________________ Student Day Prize Raffle (fee + $300 prize) $300 Limit (6) reps for premium, (4) for island, and (2) for standard booths. If not known at time of contract, Chapter Leadership Training $500 names must be e-mailed no later than August 31, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org. House of Delegates Meeting $450 Chapter President’s Council Meeting $300 Extra Booth Personnel Registrations: _______ x $20 = _______________ __________________________________________________________________ Dinner Dance Tickets: _______ x $85 = _______________ 4 PAYMENT INFORMATION OPTION 2: CHECK Please submit form with at least 50% of total payment to: r Check enclosed payable to the American Massage Therapy AMTA Sponsorship, 500 Davis Street, Evanston. IL 60201-4695 Association. OPTION 1: CREDIT CARD SIGNATURE REQUIRED $___________________ r MC® r VISA® r DISCOVER® X ______________________________________________________ Card Number: ___________________________________________ Date: ___________________________________________________ VPN:___________________ Exp. Date: ______________________ My signature indicates that I’m in compliance with AMTA’s advertising Name on Card: __________________________________________ and exhibit policies.Questions? Please contact James Boston at 301.215.6710 ext 116 or email@example.com
7. AMTA 2012 NATIONAL CONVENTIONTERMS & CONDITIONSPAGE 2 OF 2Eligibility for Exhibiting: All products and services exhibited must be relevant Responsibility Clause: Exhibitor assumes responsibility and agrees to indemnifyto the practice of massage therapy and must be the products listed on your and defend AMTA against any claims and expenses arising out of the use ofcontract and be affiliated with your company unless previous arrangements have the Exhibition Hall. Exhibitor understands that it is the sole responsibility of thebeen made with AMTA. No booth sharing or subletting of booth space by more Exhibitor to obtain insurance for this event.than one company without prior written agreement from AMTA. Content of theexhibits is subject to approval. AMTA reserves the right to refuse acceptance of Music, Giveaways, Exhibitor Events: Please be aware of your fellowcontract and/or entrance/set-up to exhibitors not meeting required standards or exhibitors. If music or presentation is a part of your set-up, please rememberin competition to AMTA, as well as the right to curtail or close exhibits or parts that volume should be at a level to be heard within your own booth. No speakersof exhibits that reflect unfavorably on the character of the meeting. This applies or amplification are allowed at any time. Individual giveaways within your ownto displays, literature, advertising, novelties, souvenirs, conduct of persons, etc. booth are certainly encouraged, but must be confined to your booth space. ThePlease refer to AMTA’s advertising and exhibitor policies at www.amtamassage.org only public raffle will be the Passport to Prizes drawing. Finally, please rememberwith any questions about eligibility to exhibit. that no outside events are allowed during AMTA show hours. We do everything possible to avoid programs that compete with education sessions or the exhibitDraping: Exhibitors are reminded that massage provided in their booths must be hall hours and to provide the most valuable, non-compete time to our exhibitors.conducted in accordance with the AMTA Code of Ethics and must comply withAMTA’s proper draping policy. If you are conducting massage in your booth, please Official Contact Person: The person named on the Exhibit & Sponsor Formrefer to the AMTA on-site massage policy regarding intake forms and eligible is the person considered by AMTA as the official contact of the participatingmassage therapists. organization for all purposes related to the program. All material relating to the company’s participation as an exhibitor will be directed to the official contactSet-up: On Thursday, October 4, 2012, all exhibitors must be set up by 9:00am person named on the exhibit application unless a written request to change thatand ready for the official opening at 11:00am. Exhibitors not set up at this time person is received by AMTA in a reasonable amount of time. The official contactmay forfeit their booth space. This will be strictly enforced by AMTA. During the is responsible for providing AMTA with booth staff names by August 31, 2012convention, exhibitors will be admitted to the exhibit area one-half hour prior to and then providing on-site representatives with badges, time schedules and otheropen exhibit hours to prepare for attendees. Exhibitor Badge and ribbon must be exhibit information.worn at all times in order to gain entry and work in the exhibit hall. Dinner Dance Tickets: Exhibitors who wish to attend the Saturday eveningExhibitor Service Manual: An Exhibitor Service Manual, provided by the official Dinner Dance are invited to purchase a Dinner Dance ticket. Registration materialsdecorator, will be mailed to confirmed exhibitors on or before July 1, 2012. The for the convention and social events will be available online in March 2012.manual contains policies and order forms for services provided by the exhibits Tickets will also be sold on-site on a first-come, first-served basis, at the AMTAdecorator and other subcontractors. These include: Carpeting, shipping, additional Registration Desk.furnishings, electricity, audio visual equipment, etc. Sponsor Discounts: Sponsors who have reached the $10,000 level or aboveBooth Assignments: An exhibit point system will be utilized for the 2012 booth for the year will receive a 5% discount off any booth price. For additional details,selection process. Companies who exhibited at the AMTA 2011 Convention in contact James Boston at 301.215.6710 ext 116, or firstname.lastname@example.org.Portland will be able to select booths on-site for the AMTA 2012 Convention basedon the priority point order. Upon completion of the convention, all remaining space Payment: Half of the total amount due must be included with the signed contract.will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, contingent upon receipt of The balance is due no later than June 1, 2012. If the contract is signed after Junethe exhibit application and payment. A floor plan of the exhibit area is included in 30, the balance is due 30 days from the date of the signed contract. If paymentthis prospectus. AMTA will make every effort to assign preferred booth space. For is not received within these parameters, said booth/sponsorship will be forfeited.those exhibitors who do not wish to be located next to a particular company or Checks, Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted. Checks should be madeproduct, please indicate this in the allotted space on the exhibit application. It is payable to the American Massage Therapy Association.the policy of AMTA to avoid assigning adjacent booth space to companies with thesame product type(s). Therefore, we ask that exhibitors list their product type(s) in Cancellations: Cancellation of exhibit space/sponsorships must be sentthe space provided on the exhibit contract. AMTA reserves the right to relocate or to AMTA in writing on company letterhead. Telephone cancellations will notreassign exhibit booths at any time for the overall benefit of the program. be accepted. One-half of the exhibit/sponsorship fees will be refunded on cancellations received on or before June 1, 2012, only if the space/sponsorshipFundraising: Unless prior approval is granted from AMTA, fundraising on the can be resold to another participant by AMTA. No refunds will be issuedexhibit floor is strictly prohibited; the only exception being funds raised by/for the for cancellations made after June 1, 2012. In the event the AMTA NationalMassage Therapy Foundation. Convention is canceled due to fire, strikes, government regulations, acts of God or other causes beyond the control of the association, AMTA shall not be held liablePromotion: The AMTA Exhibits Marketplace is promoted through magazine for failure to hold the National Convention and Exhibits Marketplace as scheduled,ads, direct mail, broadcast e-mail, the AMTA website, national publicity, personal and AMTA shall determine the amount of exhibit fees to be refunded.contact and other promotions. Exhibitors are invited to participate in promotingthe AMTA Exhibits Marketplace in an effort to encourage attendance. One-timeuse of a mailing list of National Convention attendees will be available by requestto exhibitors at pre-registration cut off. This list will provide an opportunity for each Questions?exhibitor to mail their own promotions to attendees who wish to share their mailingaddresses to vendors prior to the convention, according to AMTA’s list rental James Bostonpolicies. The Townsend Group 2 Wisconsin Circle, Suite 900Liability: AMTA will provide security in the Exhibit Marketplace from exhibit set-up Chevy Chase, MD 20815through exhibit teardown and will exercise reasonable care for the protection of Tel: 301.215.6710 ext 116exhibitors’ materials and displays. Neither AMTA nor any officer, staff member, Fax: 301.215.7704agent or member is liable for the safety of exhibitors’ property, agents or E-mail: email@example.com from theft, damage by fire, accident, or any other causes.