Learn More about Softball Drills
It is very important for a softball player to take focus on how will he improve his staying power,
speed and suppleness once he gets inside the game. And, one way to achieve these abilities is
to have good practice and training of the basic softball drills.
Several of the softball drills are really helpful and useful in increasing a player’s skills. Although
some of the drills are optional, still they are essential to your improvement because every drill
has its own benefit for the buildup of your skills. And, the following are some of the NHSACA
(National High School Athletic Coaches Association) declared softball drills that you can select
from and incorporate to your softball training programs.
• Pickle softball drills – this drills let you throw or toss the ball at whatever time you wish
them ensnared and work on your area or coverage
• Running softball drill #1 – a player should read carefully the coaches’ signs at third, such
as stand up, go and glide.
• Running softball drill #2 – every player must line up or assemble among home and first
and looking at the coach, and taking a guide off, even if the soft ball has been pitched. If
the coach will point to the first base area, every player jump back, and if he point to the
left direction, they run athwart the infield to the row amid with second and third and
• Defense drill - first toss or throw back side, allow it to run through. You must make sure
to observe if your support or co - player is present before doing a move.
• Sign drills – every player in a team has different signs, which are giving out to each
• Pitchers pitch drill – when pitching it must be direct to the wall and practice fielding
You can also enhance your softball skills by doing all around drill. This is a great drill when
running on an infield and as warming up and swiftly.
• Dead ball drill – this is to build up your ability to pitch and to learn to pick up a dead soft
ball with your hands.
• Fence drill will help you to improve your swing while handling the bat
• Fungo fielding drill – this proffers every players a chance for fielding ground balls as
many as they can
• Line relay drill – help out for the development of simulation tossing or throwing when
you are in the middle of softball game circumstances
• Load fire drill is also essential in toughening and increasing your tossing and throwing
• Pick up softball drill – this drill is essential for fielding basics.
Other improvements that you need to work on aside from these physical softball drills, is for you
to train your mental alertness such as your concentration or your focus, logical thinking, your
decision making and strategy making. These are the aspects that will give you good attacks
especially when they are used properly together with your softball drills moves.