View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
- Opinion leaders in cyberspace is a individual that hold a dominant position affecting other people’s opinion.
Provider of information and opinions.
1. Individual features.
1) Involvement : In their real life, opinion leaders are interested in a specific field and have more information than opinion followers. So, RAM have a high level of involvement comparing with that of ROM.
- Opinion leaders acquire experience of the world and jobs from frequent contact with people, participate in social events. In real life, opinion leaders have a wide circle of acquaintances, so they easily acquire information and send data. Similarly, in cyberspace, there is a strong probability that and an active sender will obtain useful information.
3. Information sources and influence sources.
- To be opinion leaders in cyberspace, getting information is the most fundamental element.
- Users of cyberspace are widely distributed as internet comes into wide use. In internet, users who provide various information and opinions will be an active opinion leader. So, an age, sex and jobs have nothing to be with opinion leaders.
- UCC site using visual elements makes it easy to understand about agenda, so, recently many people use this communication contents. A representative UCC site of America, YOUTUBE is the space that people in the world exchange opinions using movies.
- The early days of internet, bulletin board is the most typical contents sharing opinions and information with many people. Because whoever will be an opinion leader, sensational and extreme opinion can arouse a controversy.
3. Opinion leaders through the use of social position.
- Communicating opinions to others of celebrities is on the increase lately. In case of entertainers, their daily life, fashion code, and their values are conveyed by their homepages. The tendency appears that the general public imitate and prefer to their lifestyle.
Demands of users about virtual worlds and online communities will activate and increase more and more.
In the future, who will be an opinion leader in cyberspace?
It is difficult question to answer. But, one of obvious thing is whoever wants to be opinion leaders will be that.
Effects of the media in charge of agenda setting will weaken gradually, effects of opinion leaders in cyberspace will strengthen. Agenda setting of opinion leaders in cyberspace will affect that of media.