1. [doorways]Opening, Extending, and Multiplying the Course Martha Burtis, University of Mary Washington | @mburtis | wrapping.marthaburtis.net Presentation for Wooster College 2012 Instructional Technology Faculty Fellows
2. [A Few Short Stories]
3. [A Few Short Stories]The Characters:•UMW Faculty•UMW Students•Staff of DTLT (Division of Teaching and Learning Technologies)•Other Odd Characters and Creatures
4. [A Few Short Stories]The Characters:•UMW Faculty•UMW Students•Staff of DTLT (Division of Teaching and Learning Technologies)•Other Odd Characters and CreaturesThe Scene:•Various Classrooms (physical and virtual) at UMW•The Open Web•(including) UMW Blogs
5. [A Few Short Stories]The Characters:•UMW Faculty•UMW Students•Staff of DTLT (Division of Teaching and Learning Technologies)•Other Odd Characters and CreaturesThe Scene:•Various Classrooms (physical and virtual) at UMW•The Open Web•(including) UMW BlogsPlot Elements:•Openness•Passive & Active Sharing of Work•Trust
6. [1: Art & Response]
7. Click to Play. . .
8. [2: Sympathetic Voices ] cc licensed ( BY NC SD ) flickr photo by MHorama: http://flickr.com/photos/drstrangeglove/5100259040/
9. Disability and Representation in Keith Banner’s “The Wedding of Tom to Tom”by Amanda Grace Gorman
10. A student named Amanda Grace Gorman in the ENGL 375A2DISABILITY AND LITERATURE class at the University of MaryWashington in Virginia wrote a paper about my story. . . I read ityesterday and burst into tears. Ive been writing now for25 years or so, and have had reviews in the New York Times, VillageVoice, Boston Globe, Publishers Weekly, and blurbs from famouswriters and editors who say my stuff is great, etc., but this was the firsttime I cried reading something somebody wrote about my fiction. Ithink it has something to do with the no-nonsense connections Amanda has made withwhat I write and the way people withdevelopmental disabilities are perceived andrelegated. It also has something to do with her sympathetic yetstrategic way of reading my story. Theres a moral code Amanda istargeting and she finds it in my work: what an incredible gift to me asa writer.
11. [3: Challenging Assumptions] cc licensed ( BY NC ND ) flickr photo by JeffKWW: http://flickr.com/photos/jeffkww/1591805630/
12. cc licensed flickr photo by ell brown: http://flickr.com/photos/ell-r-brown/4832307984/
13. They seem very distracting and even hinder the views of the structures/monuments themselves.The ads. . .seem to be quite obtrusive. I was in disgusted shock when I first saw that massive ad covering such a beautiful building. cc licensed flickr photo by ell brown: http://flickr.com/photos/ell-r-brown/4832307984/
14. cc licensed flickr photo by Lady Novel: http://flickr.com/photos/19022682@N00/467675073/
15. cc licensed flickr photo by Lady Novel: http://flickr.com/photos/19022682@N00/467675073/ Without sponsorship of the restoration project through temporary advertising these wonderful, historic buildings would not survive for future generations to enjoy as you are doing now. Have any of your readers personally contributed to the up keep of Venice and its buildings?
16. cc licensed flickr photo by alcinababe: http://flickr.com/photos/alcinapics/5132168062/
17. cc licensed flickr photo by alcinababe: http://flickr.com/photos/alcinapics/5132168062/His firm is to be applauded for supporting restoration;perhaps future ad campaigns could be more subtleShow some sensitivity to the spirit of Venice; returnto the trompe l’oeil images and place banner like adsalong the bottom (side if you must).
18. [The Passive Sharer] [The Active Sharer]
19. cc licensed flickr photo by mx2-foto:http://flickr.com/photos/martin2012/2434221761/ [Open Doors][Irrelevant Doors?] cc licensed flickr photo by h.koppdelaney: http://flickr.com/photos/h-k-d/3746675779/
21. [An Invitation to Enter the Class] [An Opportunity to Extend the Class]
22. [students][students?] cc licensed flickr photo by "Cowboy" Ben Alman: http://flickr.com/photos/rj3/4542086214/
23. [Growing & Multiplying]~180 UMW students since spring 2011~500 syndicated sources currently on ds106.us7 institutions have “officially” been a part of ds106• UMW• Jacksonville State University• Kansas State University• York College• SUNY Cortland• Temple University, Japan• Open University of West Africa ~16K posts on ds106.us site ~7200 tweets tagged #ds106 (Spring 2012)