• A common skin condition caused by the
overproduction of sebum (an oil that
lubricates the skin and hair)
• May be caused by the way some people’s
immune systems react to an overgrowth of
natural fungus on the skin
Who Gets Dandruff?
• All people are prone to getting dandruff
• Men and women of all ages
• Worsens during an eczema flare-up
• Worsens during cold weather (winter)
• White or yellow flakes that easily rub off of
• Crusty/Red/Raw scalp
• Hair loss if untreated (rare cases)
• Inside the Ear
• Belly Button
Dandruff Is Not Contagious And
Can Easily Be Treated
• Dandruff Shampoo
•Head & Shoulders
• Most cases can be treated using over-the-
• Some worse cases may require prescription
shampoos, steroid creams or antifungal
creams to help relieve irritation
How To Live With Dandruff
• Don’t wear dark colored clothing
• Treat it by using a shampoo recommended to you
by a doctor
There Is No Cure For Dandruff,
But If You Treat It Then No One
Will Have Any Way Of Knowing
That You Are Affected By It
"Dandruff." TeensHealth. Kidshealth.org, 2013. Web. 26 Sept. 2013.
"Dandruff (Seborrhea) Slideshow Pictures: Causes, Treatments and
Prevention." RxList. Rxlist.org, 2013. Web. 26 Sept. 2013.
Staff, Mayo Clinic. "Dandruff: Treatments and Drugs." Mayo Clinic. Mayo
Foundation for Medical Education and Research, 23 Nov. 2010. Web. 26
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.