Transcript of "ARTS1091 Wiki Training Session Notes "
ARTS1091 Wiki Training - Session Notes
This one-hour session will cover several practical methods of keeping track of student activity in
a wiki hosted on Wikispaces. The session is designed for course instructors and tutors.
This document available online at:
A video tutorial is also available that introduces the basic Wikispaces navigation options and
discusses how to use page histories and member edit histories to track contributions to the wiki
The video is available on UNSW TV and YouTube; the content is exactly the same in each
● UNSW TV version: http://tv.unsw.edu.au/video/wikispaces
● YouTube version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Mwnd9bMe4
● Click on edit details to expand for quick preview; click on body to contract
Page level information
● Page - the most current version of the page
○ additional options accessible via drop down list
● Discussion - in ARTS1091, this enables specific discussion on that individual page
○ Discussion can also be configured to be wiki-wide (not page specific)
● History - look at changes from a specific edit; compare differences between edits; revert
to a previous version.
● Notify Me - opt-in to email notifications of page edits, discussions or both; also provides
RSS feeds for edits and discussions
● Overview - basic information on number of page views and edits.
● Pages - overview of all pages in wiki - links to each page
● Members - Edit history of individual members; click on name to view profile; # of edits to
● Enables lose categorisation of similar topics or content based on nominated descriptors
● Tag pages with tutor name to organise pages monitored by specific tutors
● Access/assign tags during page creation process or later via Page / Details and Tags
● Access later thru Manage Wiki / Tags or direct link - e.g. http://
fasstelt.unsw.wikispaces.net/tag/list or http://arts1091.unsw.wikispaces.net/tag/list
Questions / Contact Details
Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
Unversity of New South Wales
This work licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
To view this license, please visit: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/