Do you remember...?
Write the following formulas on your opener sheet.
1. Rectangle 2. Triangle
3. Parallelogram 4. Rhombus
5. Kite 6. Trapezoid
7. Circle 8. Regular Pentagon
9.6 Geometric Probability
How would you describe probability?
What do you think geometric probability is?
1. What's the probability of choosing a point
2.What's the probability of choosing a point
not on CD?
4 2 5
A B C D
3. What's the probability of choosing a point
on AB and CD?
4. Suppose two friends were each picking a number between one and 10.
What is the probability that the second friend's choice was greater than
5. What's the probability that the sum of the numbers chosen in the
scenario above is less than or equal to 6?
6. The radius of the yellow circle is 1 ft, the radius of the pink
circle is 2 ft, and the radius of the green circle is 3 ft.
Find the probability of hitting the yellow circle with a dart.
7. What's the probability of hitting the green circle, but not the pink
8. Find the probability of choosing a point
within colored circles.
9. Find the probability of choosing a point within the
square but outside the circles.