3. Spartan Sneaky Shuffle Stop
With the BIG Homecoming Game this weekend against
Maine East, Coach Pieper knew he'd have to create
something bedazzling to stop those Blue Demons in their
tracks. So he came up with his secret play: the Spartan
Sneaky Shuffle Stop, but he needs our help...
4. Homework Questions:
5. 3.4 Perpendicular Lines
6. Perpendicular Bisector:
• A line _____________ to a segment at the segment's
7. Question: What's the shortest distance between 2 points?
Q:How about the shortest distance between a point and a line?
A: A perpendicular segment connecting the two.
Distance from a point to a line:
• the length of the ______________ segment from the point
to the line.
8. Ex 1: Distance From a Point to a Line
x - 8 12
A: Name the shortest segment from point A to BC.
B:Write and solve an inequality for x.
• As is on Assignment Sheet
1.) State two main requirements to be a perpendicular
2.) If two coplanar lines are perpendicular to the same line,
then the two lines are ____________ to each other.