“ Who Am I?” Metro Batangas Christian Church March 14, 2010
“ Who Am I?”
CREATED BY GOD (Genesis 1:26)
LOST (Genesis 6:5)
REDEEMED BY GOD (Romans 5:2)
I. Created by God
Genesis 1:1-3; 26-27
(1) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (2) Now the earth was  formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. (3) And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light... (26) Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth,  and over all the creatures that move along the ground." (27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
I. Created by God
God did not need to create the universe; he chose to create it.
God did not need to create us; he chose to create us.
(16) For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
(14) I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
(15) My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
(16) your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
Gen 6:5-7 The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. (6) The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. (7) So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air for I am grieved that I have made them."
Adam & Eve – Paradise Lost!
Disobedience brought death
All men die in Adam
Cain & Abel
Isaiah 59:-1-2 – Sin separated men from God
Rom 3:23 – All have sinned!
Romans 6:23 – Sin’s payday—death!
III. Redeemed through Jesus
But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. (22) This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, (23) for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, (24) and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus . (25) God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished (26) he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
Romans chapters three through seven tells us who we are in Christ.
We have a new standing with God. (Romans 5:1-2)
We are members of a new family. (Romans 5:17)
We have a new identification in Christ. (Ro 6:4)
We also have a new master . (Romans 6:19)
We have a new love . (Romans 7:4)
We have a new motive of service. (7:6)
We are created by God
We were lost
We were redeemed
Remember who God is? (Glory/Power/Holiness/Sovereignty/Truth/Justice)
Remember where we came from? (Wonderfully made by God)
Remember who you are? (Our sinful nature)...and God reached out on us!
Be grateful! (Mercy & Grace/Love)
How do you live the normal Christian life? Reckon (think/consider/imagine) upon these great facts about you. You are a new person in Christ. Act upon these truths. Put into daily practice what you know to be true.
Who are you in Christ? Have you claimed His grace and appropriated who you are in Him? It is something we must do daily as we walk by faith in Christ.