1. Selenium -Web Testing Tool Presented By : o Nitin Nirmal 25 o Hitesh Shetty 44 o Mahesh Tawde 52 o Manish Patil 57 o Mayuresh Wadekar 64
3. Supported Browsers Browser Selenium-IDE Selenium-RC Operating Systems 1.0 Beta-1 & 1.0 Beta-2:Firefox 3 Record and playback Start browser, run tests Windows, Linux, Mac tests 1.0 Beta-1: Record andFirefox 2 Start browser, run tests Windows, Linux, Mac playback tests Test execution only viaIE 7 Start browser, run tests Windows Selenium-RC Test execution only viaSafari 3 Start browser, run tests Mac Selenium-RC Test execution only viaSafari 2 Start browser, run tests Mac Selenium-RC Test execution only viaOpera 9 Start browser, run tests Windows, Linux, Mac Selenium-RC Test execution only viaOpera 8 Start browser, run tests Windows, Linux, Mac Selenium-RC Test execution only viaGoogle Chrome Start browser, run tests Windows Selenium-RC(Windows) Test execution only viaOthers Partial support possible As applicable Selenium-RC
4. Components of Selenium Selenium Core Selenium IDE Selenium Remote Control (RC) Selenium Grid
6. Selenium IDE Integrated Development Environment for building Selenium test cases. Operates as a Firefox add-on and provides an interface for developing and running individual test cases or entire test suites. Selenium-IDE has a recording feature, which will keep account of user actions as they are performed and store them as a reusable script to play back.Installation 1. Open Firefox and Download the latest version of Selenium IDE (currently version 1.9).
7. Selenium IDE cont…Start Screen Recording a script
8. Selenium Remote Control (RC) Selenium Remote Control (RC) is a server, written in Java that accepts commands for the browser via HTTP. Components of Selenium RC are: o Selenium Server o Client LibrariesInstallation1. The Selenium RC server is simply a Java jar file (selenium- server-standalone-<version-number>.jar)2. Just downloading the zip file and extracting the server in the desired directory is sufficient.
9. Selenium Grid Selenium-Grid allows you run your tests on different machines against different browsers in parallel. Selenium-Grid support distributed test execution. With Selenium Grid, one server acts as the hub. A grid consists of a single hub, and one or more nodes. Both are started using the selenium-server.jar executable.Installation1. Download the Selenium-Server jar file2. Install it in a folder of your choice.
10. Advantages And LimitationsAdvantages: Customized defect reporting Finding defects missed by manual testing Support for Agile and extreme development methodologies Frequent regression testing Rapid feedback to developersLimitations: If the application’s user interface will change considerably in the near future, then any automation might need to be rewritten anyway.