3. ONLINE MARKETINGOnline marketing is one of the forms of directmarketing.It has more power due to its interactivecapability and speed.It is a part of e-commerce.
4. ONLINE MARKETINGE-commerce has three broad components: 1.B 2.B2B 3.B2CBoth B2B and B2C are parts of online marketing.The three faces of internet: 1.A Medium. 2.A Marketing Channel. 3.A Complete Marketplace
5. ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE MARKETINGFor Seller: Reduced costs and better marketing productivity. Better CRM through sharper customer data.For Consumer: Convenience Search advantage Wider options
6. ESTABLISHING A WEB MARKETING FACILITY Preparation Strategy and business plan Setting up IT infrastructure Setting up an electronic storefront Getting high traffic by making the site interactive Making the site interactive
7. Contd…Keeping the site updatedMaking size user friendlyProduct magnets and customer magnetsSecuring affilatesWeb portalsOnline communicationCreating a system for the delivery of product
8. Some interesting facts about Google
9. The Vision To make search engines so powerful they would understand "everything in the world".The Mission To organize the worlds information and make it universally accessible and useful.The Focus Google continues to focus on innovation and on the user experience.
10. History 1998: LARRY PAGE and SERGEY BRIN created Google search engine. In September 1998, Google Inc. opened its door inMenlo Park, California.
11. 2002: Introduction of the Google Search Appliance forcorporate Search (Googlebot search robot). Release ofGoogle API. Significant improvements in AdWords.The launch of Google Labs enabled Google’s engineers topresent their pet ideas proudly to an adventurous audience.Google News launched in beta in September of 2002,offering access to 4,500 leading news sources from aroundthe world.Google launches Google Sets for product search.
12. 2004: New web-based mail service called Gmail which atlaunch included a gigabyte of free storage for each user.Acquisition of . This Pasadena, Calif.-based digitalphoto management company helps users to organize,manage and share their digital photos.Acquisition of Keyhole Corp., a digital and satellite imagemapping company. The start of Google Earth.Launch of Google Groups (Former use net groups)The Google Books program announced agreements withleading libraries. Enables users worldwide to search scannedbooks in Google.
13. 2005: The Google Search Appliance spawned a new blueGoogle Mini . The Mini is the first Google hardware productto be sold only through the Google Store.Google introduces My Search History and the Google WebAccelerator.Google acquires San Diego-based web analytics firm UrchinSoftware. Google Analytics.Own Google Blog runs frequent postings about Googleproducts and people by those who know them best.Personalized Homepage “ ’’
14. Google Sitemaps. Webmasters are able toprioritize the pages they want crawled first and speed up updates.Launch ofLaunch of Google Blog Search for live content.Offered Local service via mobile phones with GoogleMobile.Google acquired Orkut
15. 2006: aspires to use the power of information and technology to address the global challenges of our age: climate change, poverty and emerging disease New launches: Page creator, Google Finance, Google Calendar, Custom Search, Trends, Notebook. Google Packages for specific communities:• Education: Getting into the Education Space. Google for educators and Google Applications.• SME’s: Google Apps for SME’s. Deals with leading ISP’s to promote Google Apps + Domains.• Families: Google Apps for Families.
16. Internet Access: WiFi initiativesPartnerships matter: Adobe (Toolbar), eBay (Advertising),Intuit (SME’s tools), Dell (SW)More Google services for Mobile: News, Gmail, Maps,Mobile Ads, SMS Scrap for Orkut usersVideo: Acquisition ofMore Products and Services: Web site Optimizer forWebmasters.Wiki-Platforms acquisition JotSpot creates Google Sites.Allows easy home page creation.Android Mobile Applications Development: Total of $10million for best applications developed
17. 2007: Product improvements - More and morepersonalization and localizationPersonalized Homepage iGoogle, Google history,flight lookups (US only), Google Reader, and muchmore….
18. 7 P’s of GoogleProduct ProcessPrice Physical evidencePlace PeoplePromotion
20. TARGETINGDigital Media PlatformsStudent Market Segment
21. POSITIONINGContinuously Offering New ProductsDominance Of Similar Products
22. How Google Generates It Revenue?AdvertisementGoogle Ad SensePay per Click (PPC)Pay Per Thousands Impressions (CPM)
23. Google SWOT Analysis STRENGTHThe fact is that Google’s strength and popularity rests entirely on itssearch engine. Google has added to that perception by its drive forsimplicity – to hide the complexity of search behind a bland andsimple interface.The Analytics tool•Geographic area where the user accessed the internet•The keyword that was searched to bring the visitor•Reveal questions the user might have•How long the visitor stayed•Which pages were viewed•The click through rate (number of pages viewed divided by time)•Other website specifics
25. CompetitorsIntroduction of Bing has begun inflicting a great dealof threats to the once dominant company.Even though Google received 71% of searches inSeptember 2009, it used to be roughly 78% before theintroduction of Bing in June 2009Google may win in overall searches, but Bing hasseveral more advantages due to the fact that "theirimage and product searches are actually better thanGoogles, both in usability and the results delivered,"
26. Competitors Google’s Android will have tough time as Apple’s iPhones continues to grab hold of the market all round the globeMicrosoft has one of the most dominant impactin the IT industry. So without a doubt itis Google’s biggest adversary and thesetwo giants will be locking their horns formarket supremacy in areas such assearch, collaboration tools and browsers
27. Amazon with its Kindle e-book reader is one of the leaders in e-book reader’s market. The other area where Google is takingon Amazon is in cloud computing. It has attracted 350 million active users in just six years and is subject of interest for the guys at Google too. Facebook has sought out relationships with several arch-enemies of Google, including Microsoft and Yahoo
28. One of Google’s biggest competitors besidesMicrosoft is Yahoo. Yahoo has been in the marketwith variety of products in areas of email,Messenger, News, Search and Analytics services.
29. Conclusion Never settle for the best"The perfect search engine," says Google co- founder Larry Page, "would understandexactly what you mean and give back exactly what you want." Given the state of search technology today, thats a far-reaching vision requiring research, development and innovation to realize. Google is committed to blazing that trail.